Are the Swans done?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think they will respond against the Pies with a big win, but I until I see some real mongrel they aren't a champion team. Even earlier in the year they looked all icing and not cake, could get away with it but now when the heat goes up they can't. I knew the slow starts were symptomatic of something deeper.

Wouldn't be surprised with any outcome this year, it's that even - just need to click when it matters. Most clubs have gone through a "season over" period and managed to bounce back. Blues & Swans doing it now but there's still time.

I think they will respond against the Pies with a big win, but I until I see some real mongrel they aren't a champion team. Even earlier in the year they looked all icing and not cake, could get away with it but now when the heat goes up they can't. I knew the slow starts were symptomatic of something deeper.
Yep, missing some mongrel.

Surprised there hasn't been more discussion on Heeney's decision to challenge his one match suspension.

Rot has well and truly set in since. Given Heeney got one week, would miss against North with Swans well clear on top, the decision to go to the tribunal and then appeal was driven by selfish reasons with an eye on the brownlow... the antithesis of the so called team first "bloods culture".

Tom Harley's laughable response to Toby taking the piss out Heeney's bizarre video after the suspension was upheld provides insight into how far the Swans have gone away from a team first mentality.

Sydney are stuffed. They've been on top for so long with their game plan exposed and they never had a chance to work on their plan B. IT's too late to build a sucessful plan B. I also think they're fatigued.

There's every chance Swans won't win another game.

"Best player in the league" making an apology video for missing a single game against North Melbourne was bad enough then Tom Harley goes on the radio and sooks about Isaac's mate Toby having a cheeky dig at him.

Pathetic.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Best player in the league" making an apology video for missing a single game against North Melbourne was bad enough then Tom Harley goes on the radio and sooks about Isaac's mate Toby having a cheeky dig at him.

Pathetic.
Reeked of a club drinking its own bathwater and taking itself way too seriously.
Acting like some high priests. It was all very weird I have to say .

No, sometimes good teams need a kick up the ass before finals.

But this week against the Pies will determine whether they are contenders or pretenders.

I’m backing the Swans to get it done.

Reeked of a club drinking its own bathwater and taking itself way too seriously.
Acting like some high priests. It was all very weird I have to s

Can't remember who said it but they were saying Swans got ahead of themselves, thinking about stats (Gulden), Brownlow votes.

The bookies don't think they are done, they have them as big favorites this week against the pies.
Before the Port debacle I took a good dose of the $4.00 on offer for the Pies at Sportsbet, that's looking mighty generous now. Pies only missing DeGoey and Mihocek should get it done - unless they've drained the bath at the Swans

Reckon they still a live chance but they've stuffed their planning.
Probably taper training heavy loads etc but it's fraught with danger.
They lost some close games and thought oh well no big deal etc but it ain't easy just to turn form on and off like a tap.
I get you want to peak in September but you don't want to stuff about in the meantime.
Pies will beat them Friday but will probably win their last 2. Should get them top.2. And from there good a chance as any this year

Can't remember who said it but they were saying Swans got ahead of themselves, thinking about stats (Gulden), Brownlow votes.
The Heeney thing was a football accident and he rightly copped a week. Just cop it and move on.
The whole holier than though carry on was a bit of a wankfest. Got way ahead of themselves.

Remove this Banner Ad

Are the Swans done?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back