Are we seriously that bad!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Cmon guys, One swallow doesnt make a marriage. THis is a glorified practice match. Look at the positives. You have speed. Lots of it. Exciting talent, that Davey Boy sure works hard,. Your up and comers from last year were good ie Monfires.Lots of upside to your team.

Fevola a sook? Please, no worse than any other forward in the comp/ And what bout that hard man LLoyd? are you seriouse? Please.

We're just very underrated even by your lot, who claim to think you'd win by 10 goals. Good luck in the season proper. (THIS IS NO TROLL)

We really missed Johnson in the centre breaks and Mcphee's run off the backline.
Too much missed chances aswell

Don't take too much notice. Your kids looked good, in particular Davey as well as a few others. Got a very potent backline with Michael and Fletcher down there, I reckon your midfield will hold their own.

In fact, I reckon both our teams will leapfrog Collingwood this year.

Too much missed chances aswell

So did we.

All pre-season is, is just to see how good the kids will play. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey, this aint no troll post. Just wanted to comment of the umpiring, thought it was attrocious, or simply my lack of understanding of the rules;) . Was with a mate who supports the bombers and we had a good laugh at what was going on. Thought I saw Big Mal have his fore-arm on Fev one of those times and was hysteric when we got the free. Thought there was loads of inconsistancy.

Also, very impressed with Stanton, Monfries. Houli and Young Davey will be future excitment machines.

No doubt this is only the first game of the season, but there are worrying signs imo.
I picked Essendon to come 10th this year and we still might, but i also think we could also just as easily have another very poor year.

Same players making the same poor choices and turn overs.
Same old pi*s far*ing around with the ball and getting themselves into trouble and losing the momentum they had been building.

I don't think Carlton looked very good either, apart from some very good play by some of their up and coming youngsters.
We handed them a few goals and the umprires handed them a few also.

Hope i'm wrong, but might be another long year....prolly for both teams

Lovett turned the game around i rekon didn't see the 1st half but can imagine what it was like I was playen cricket heared the 2nd quarter but.

Does Lucas need to go to CHB Fletcher won't last there too long IMO. And Johns needs to go to CHf if he's going to be any good.Also Sam Lonergan didn't get a game is that right? he should of if he didn't.

And Dyson and lee still injured or on a modified prgram?

thanks

I honestly can't believe we tried to play Welsh on the wing. When he gets the ball he dead set looks like an old biddy crossing the road. He looks left right then left again then kicks it 20 metres to a contest. His decision making is quite poor and rarely does he hurt the opposition with his disposal. Wingmen should be carrying the ball and putting it inside 50.

Once you got the likes of Dempsey/Lovett onto the ball you looked 1000% better IMO. Lovett broke the lines and the ball came into your forward line quickly...it put pressure on our defence

You should piss off someone like Welsh - has a player ever done more sideways chips/marks then him? I've never seen him actually create any play. L-M at least creates - Welsh seems to be happy to get his 7 marks every week

Ok, before we all go and slash our wrists over tonight.....
1. Only the nab cup - notoriously poor predictor of what'll happen in the real season - ie Geelong and Carlton in recent years.
2. Played Carlton who are at similar preparation stage to us - had we played Sydney or some other 2006 finalists may well have been different result.
3. Some definite positives - Davey, Lovett back to good form, Michael in defence, Monfries, Lloyd, Houli.

At the end of the day we lost by 4 points in the first match of the year - which has no real importance. Yes it was to Carlton but who'll remember that later in the year?

My major concerns are
- kicking for goal - after the ongoing debarcle last year would have thought it might be better this year - still early days.
- Poor decision making by some same old culprits - Stanton, Bradley, Slattery. Several times surging down the wing or just outside 50 and players clearly just ran out of thought process and kicked it anywhere
- Pedestrian midfield in 1st half - essentially the same midfield that wasn't good enough last year - we need to take a chance on the likes of Lovett, Dempsey, Dyson, Lonergan etc if we are to improve. I love Peverill for his heart and work rate but he is not part of our next finals side let alone Premiership side.
- Bradley.

And lastly the new interpretation on the push in the back rule - ridiculous. Hope the umpires relax on it a bit as season goes on. As it stands might as well hold a sprint contest from the goal line and give a free kick to whoever is quickest.

Don't take too much notice. Your kids looked good, in particular Davey as well as a few others. Got a very potent backline with Michael and Fletcher down there, I reckon your midfield will hold their own.

In fact, I reckon both our teams will leapfrog Collingwood this year.

So did we.

All pre-season is, is just to see how good the kids will play. ;)

Cheers Thrawn, good to see someone has perspective. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Are we seriously that bad!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back