Are you a supporter of Sheedy or not?

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 22, 2006
Canberra
AFL Club
Essendon
Simple question,

There are plenty of people on this site saying Sheedy should go, and plenty saying he should stay. Just want to get the main feel from every Bomber supporter out there. Please if you're not a supporter dont vote.

love what sheedy has done for the club and the game, 100% support him, though been a few decision on the ground he has made that i have questioned, would love him to develop a really attacking style of game, because even if we still loose to watch a team on the attack all the time is good entertainment :D

Longy413 said:
Should have made this a public poll, because I'm tipping we are going to get a whole heap of opposition supporters voting no.

Good point, my poll skills are lacking. Should be able to edit them I think, especially the private/public options.

Yes. Have been all my life. (well I was only 5 when he joined Essendon).
Essendon also has at least 5 coaches, so if you want to sack the coach, what do you do, sack all of them??

Rubbish question

The real question should be are you an Essendon supporter

In there lays the response towards sheedy

I follow Essendon, and as long as Sheedy is at Essendon i will support him. Thats what the answer should be...Sheedy and us alike have the best intentions for the club, difference is he can make best of those intentions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I doubt any other coach could do much better with the current side we have, theres about a dozen players with less than 50 games under therir belt.
People need to be patient and see us through a rough period, and I bet we come out in about 2 seasons time with a bloody well experienced young team that will be a threat in the finals.

djharps said:
you serious?
Sheedy, will he won`t he debates, absolutely, do my head in. How many times has the team fired up in the last year of his contact ? Stand by for an improved performance in `07 and all the " we can`t get rid of him now, look how we`re going". How many times have we heard he`s been there too long. I`m sick of hearing it. And, all coaches are over rated.

footylover18 said:

Sheedy's agenda is plain to see- break McHales record. The guy has a big ego and has been there too long. He is not a standout coach anymore, and should have no trouble finding a coaching position at another club next year ( maybe ). This would allow both parties to part amicably and we could then install O'Donnell or Longmire as a new coach, just like we did for 1981, after they sacked B.Davis after 3 years. Time to take up more gardening Sheeds.

stander said:
Sheedy's agenda is plain to see- break McHales record. The guy has a big ego and has been there too long. He is not a standout coach anymore, and should have no trouble finding a coaching position at another club next year ( maybe ). This would allow both parties to part amicably and we could then install O'Donnell or Longmire as a new coach, just like we did for 1981, after they sacked B.Davis after 3 years. Time to take up more gardening Sheeds.

He's contracted until the end of 2007 so he will still be around whether you like it or not.

Get behind the club and show some support.
Complaining about something that isn't going to happen doesn't do anyone any good at all.

As I only come from an Essendon supporting family and only have a passing interest in the club, I will not vote out of respect to the creator of the poll and the rest of you. But I thought I would post my opinion.

I reckon it's pretty harsh to blame Sheeds, he has such an amazing track record for coaching (and damn successfully!) and while it's a difficult situation, I think sacking him is the wrong thing to do.

My Dad disagrees. But that's Dad. :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you a supporter of Sheedy or not?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back