As at Thurs night we have picks 42, 55 & Fraser compo, 59-Should get Taz with 1 of those

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: As at Thurs night we have picks 42, 55 & Fraser compo (43/60)-Should get Taz with 1 of those

I totally agree. Surely can't sign off on a draft swap when you don't yet know what it is. Also, the fact that it's been reported that the pick is 61 this year, if it is used in the 2010 draft suggests to me it is ours to be used when we see fit.

It looks like we know our shit Spice Man :cool:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/103938/default.aspx

Looks like we could be using that pick on Tazza.

Re: As at Thurs night we have picks 42, 55 & Fraser compo (43/60)-Should get Taz with 1 of those

Wouldn't that be sweet if we landed Tarrant for this pick. So much fantasy land thinking from Freo and their hangers-on on the trade board.

It would be brilliant, probably slightly unrealistic though. Something like Blight + this pick would be about fair I'd say.

I think most people on this board underrate just how good Tarrant is these days, both on smalls and talls and he won't be a "backup player" as suggested. He'd be in our best 10. He would have been a guaranteed All Australian this year if it wasn't for the games he missed. His form was sensational.

That said, some of the suggested trades by Fremantle fans are absolutely hilarious. Wellingham FFS? I'd do the Anthony for Tarrant straight swap but I wouldn't be including a draft pick to sweeten the deal that's for sure. If we can get them to accept just the Fraser compensation pick, our club is even more well run than we think. TBH I actually wouldn't be surprised, Freeeeeeeo Heeeeeeeeeave Ho!!

I would have thought it would be smarter to use our actual 3rd pick 55, as the compo pick could be better than what it is currently after 2012.

It would be brilliant, probably slightly unrealistic though. Something like Blight + this pick would be about fair I'd say.

I think most people on this board underrate just how good Tarrant is these days, both on smalls and talls and he won't be a "backup player" as suggested. He'd be in our best 10. He would have been a guaranteed All Australian this year if it wasn't for the games he missed. His form was sensational.

That said, some of the suggested trades by Fremantle fans are absolutely hilarious. Wellingham FFS? I'd do the Anthony for Tarrant straight swap but I wouldn't be including a draft pick to sweeten the deal that's for sure. If we can get them to accept just the Fraser compensation pick, our club is even more well run than we think. TBH I actually wouldn't be surprised, Freeeeeeeo Heeeeeeeeeave Ho!!

What you say in bold is pretty much high on being correct.
Of course what we are asking for is unrealistic & if the shoe was on the other foot we would be doing the same thing.

Can I ask if Anthony has been thrown up is there something wrong with the bloke character wise as to me that seems like a fair swap ?

Also Blight looks like he goes alright in the VFL & doesn't get a game due to your depth in these positions.
Can anyone who watches the VFL games confirm that Blight looks like he could be a good player as he matures.

As for all the hysteria about Tarrant threatening to retire that must throw up some worries as to how committed he is. I reckon it is more huff & puff but still it must make you wonder a bit.

Cheers in advance for answers to my questions.

My knowledge on Blight is having seen him play one game only.

Maybe it was one of his better ones but I thought he looked really promising.

Maybe a trade "home" may be just what he needs.

I am really surprised with Blight. I really thought he would be a very good prospect. Big ticker and a booming kick for only a slight lad. Modern day footballers build. 6'2 and can run. It was reported he had some home sickness.

Not sure what the go is with him. Reportedly St.Kilda asked for him and pick 30 last year for Luke Ball and we said no.

I think the compo pick is 59 in this years draft, if no teams use their compo picks.

Provided no priority picks in 2012, it would be at worst pick 54.

AFL, sorry VFL, should not allow Mr Tarrant to nominate for the draft if he does not retract his managers statements "Chris will retire if picked up by any other team except Collingwood" and then state "that he will enter the draft if Fremantle don't trade him to Collingwood".
If he does not retract these statements and enters the draft or pre-season draft, then you may find many well financed members of the Western Australian community take the AFL and Tarrant' s Management to Court as this scenario would be a clear case of draft tampering..........

and then again you are Collingwood, so maybe not!:D

and then again you are Collingwood, so maybe not!:D

YEP, WE ARE.

And history shows that the AFL always helps us during trade week.:p:eek:

So the age reports Freo are asking for our first live selection (43), for Tarrant.

So the age reports Freo are asking for our first live selection (43), for Tarrant.

Done deal if that's the case as far as I'm concerned.:thumbsu::)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just give them the bloody pick, one day the shoe will be on the other foot.

I like freo and their supports most of the time, so this should not be a problem.

Freo does not want to end up like Ross Lyon.

Big thank you to Chris Tarrant for choosing Collingwood and only Collingwood, Freo would have received much much more from Hawks/Tankers.

STEAL

Hold our ground I reckon.

They are already starting to buckle at the knees. Started from demanding a premiership player to pick 43 now.

Keep 61 on the table until the last minute.

They talk about Collingwood rorting the system but they acquired Adam McPhee last year via the PSD after not wanting to deal on him with Essendon.

Hold our ground I reckon.

They are already starting to buckle at the knees. Started from demanding a premiership player to pick 43 now.

Keep 61 on the table until the last minute

They talk about Collingwood rorting the system but they acquired Adam McPhee last year via the PSD after not wanting to deal on him with Essendon.

Keep 61 on the table... and take it or leave it. Lets remember Tarrant showed signs of being injury prone this year and only has 2 - 3 years AT BEST left in him. Anything more than 61 is over the odds...

Otherwise we will get him in the draft... with Pick 61. No one else is going to take the risk of wasting a spot before 61 on a player that has said he will retire if he is not going to the Pies.

I still think the Josh Fraser compensation pick is where this deal will be done.

Give Freo that, and maybe our 4th round pick and some steak knives (Blight, Barham etc) and you have a deal.

This deal will be done on Monday. I like Freo and I think we should give them a fair offer for Tazz becuase one day we may be in the same position and I wouldnt want them playing hardball with us. If they want pick 43 we should give them pick 43.

Guys, Freo have asked for pick 42/43.

You could have just earned yourselves a Winty.

When will people learn the winty is for oppo supporters. Side By Side fellas, we don't eat our own.

On the topic, pick 43 sounds fair to me. We could probably squeeze it more and maybe should but I think it would be worth just getting the deal done.

Remove this Banner Ad

As at Thurs night we have picks 42, 55 & Fraser compo, 59-Should get Taz with 1 of those

Remove this Banner Ad

Back