ASADA told of Andrew Demetriou call during Bombers' drugs meeting (Dates to Pre-February Presser)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gullibility? Who were the gullible ones sucked in by "Crisis" ..... you'd be one of those mate!
You really are incredible.

Let me paint the picture for you because haven't "got" it yet.

Today, we learned that your coach & others have ratted out AndyD and essentially called David Evans a liar. Andy D threw a thinly veiled threat back by suggesting "we know who the rat is".

Hird in a later press conference took the bat out of the bag and went "whack" by not so subtly confirming he was the rat and called Andy D on his lies.

I guess after months of scandals this is just a normal day at the office in Bombreland. :)

Firstly Caro said it ... so it probably isn't true. However, lets for the sake of argument assume it was true.
Hird may want to do something like this if he thinks that Vlad was behind a damaging half truth about him last week, i.e. the meeting where Hird obviously was at a meeting but it is being claimed that there was a certain subject broached there which probably isn't true.

So Hird could release a half truth about Vlad that is equally damaging, i.e. he give the innuendo that he committed an offence that could lead to jail time! If you listen to Hird he doesn't say what he thought was in that phone call in his presser today, but if you listen to Vlad this morning he hints that "someone" said that they were tipped off by Vlad. The half truth there could be that there was a phone call, but what was insinuated to be said wasn't said.

It's clear that Vlad couldn't directly tip them off that they were being investigated because that wasn't released to him. However, just tipping them off that there was an investigation at all might be naughty. I'm not sure about that . ........ and my post is nothing but speculation as to why Hird would want to leak that.

I understand that many think Caro is sensationalist but she is recognised as having some of the best sources close to the AFL of any journalist.

Your theory sounds plausible but I still don't understand how getting Vlad offside is going to help Hird long term considering AD is the final decision maker on any AFL imposed penalties.

I understand that many think Caro is sensationalist but she is recognised as having some of the best sources close to the AFL of any journalist.

Your theory sounds plausible but I still don't understand how getting Vlad offside is going to help Hird long term considering AD is the final decision maker on any AFL imposed penalties.
Don supporters don't understand it is Hird V Demetriou.

Listen to the 3aw interview again.

Demetriou says that David Evans asked him which club it was and Demetriou replied he didn't know.

That question makes no sense in the context of David Evans not knowing about the ACC report.

Don supporters don't understand it is Hird V Demetriou.
Actually it's Hird vs Demetriou/Evans

Evans & Hird have given contradictory evidence to the investigation. One must be lying.

It's either Team James or Team David . . . sorry . . . #standbyhird or #standbyevans

If Evans has sided with old mate AD and Hird wants his piece of flesh from AD for suggesting he stand down earlier in the year,( or as JD suggested, the agreement that no-one will be sanctioned, has now fallen over) then it could end up being a huge division between Evans and the favourite son Hird.

Evans wouldnt win that war.

With AD on side he will. AFL will just wipe Hird out. Outside of mxett and Co Hird does not have a lot of street cred at the moment.

Caro does have some sources. It's no surprise that she's built up a network of trusted friends and that some people would use her to leak things to push their own agenda. However, it has been shown a number of times that she takes things and runs with them without checking ... and gets caught out on occasion!

What is also true is that you can take a little "fact" and add a little bit here and not empahsise something else that will give it an entirely different context and BOOM you get the story you want!

While we're on it. Do you want to know my favorite half truths? The ones that are also tautologies! Well tautologies in the sense that at least one half of the statement must be true, eg:

I think you're a man with a vagina!

On 5aa Caros segment.
Missed it in its context but did hear Caro mention something along the lines of Hird being dark on Evans ....Evans being too soft in dealing with the situation....did his camp leak it to undermine Evans rather than Vlad?

I have heard that this has all come forward cause essendon have been informed of the verdict. Players off, club fine 4 million , no 1 & 2 nd round draft pick and lost of points. To be released after round 23.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually it's Hird vs Demetriou/Evans

Evans & Hird have given contradictory evidence to the investigation. One must be lying.

It's either Team James or Team David . . . sorry . . . #standbyhird or #standbyevans

Investigators just love 'irregularities'. It's like fly fishing to these guys...

So can any Essendon poster tell me if we have to #standbyhird or #standbyevans now that they are accusing each of bullshitting?

So can any Essendon poster tell me if we have to #standbyhird or #standbyevans now that they are accusing each of bullshitting?

HBCtr19.jpg

Caro does have some sources. It's no surprise that she's built up a network of trusted friends and that some people would use her to leak things to push their own agenda. However, it has been shown a number of times that she takes things and runs with them without checking ... and gets caught out on occasion!

It is all a bit too like House of Cards. You just have to hope Caro isn't on Vlads phone.

It is all a bit too like House of Cards. You just have to hope Caro isn't on Vlads phone.

I really hope it's not, because if Caro is the reporter and Vlad is the Congressmen, look I don't need that image in my head...

I have heard that this has all come forward cause essendon have been informed of the verdict. Players off, club fine 4 million , no 1 & 2 nd round draft pick and lost of points. To be released after round 23.

And Hird 12 months.

Hence desire to "take people down with him".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back