Retired Ashley McGrath (2000-2014)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yessssss!

[Apologies if this has been celebrated somewhere else on another thread, this is the first I've heard of it!]

Likewise!!.....We are all having a boy people!!....now all we need is for Browny to do his bit as well..

Finally getting some sons:thumbsu: .. I know we've got a few, but we seem to get more girls..

On a different topic....I hope Ash is getting his due rewards from the club, by god, he has been a quiet achiever for us.....so reliable and an honest trier, no dramas, just goes about his business each week and has done so without fanfare for a long long time..

Time for some big Ash lovefest and the accolades he deserves:hearts:

Likewise!!.....We are all having a boy people!!....now all we need is for Browny to do his bit as well..

Finally getting some sons:thumbsu: .. I know we've got a few, but we seem to get more girls..

On a different topic....I hope Ash is getting his due rewards from the club, by god, he has been a quiet achiever for us.....so reliable and an honest trier, no dramas, just goes about his business each week and has done so without fanfare for a long long time..

Time for some big Ash lovefest and the accolades he deserves:hearts:

Agreed McM. Has been a great servant of this club.

Congrats to Ash & family on the birth of Chase Ashley McGrath. If he becomes a father son pick up for us down the track, hopefully the opposition will get flustered having to 'Chase' him all day. Hi-yo!

A Baby Boy for McGrath!
4:11 PM Tue 03 Jul, 2012

The Brisbane Lions wish to congratulate Ash McGrath and his partner Amanda on the safe arrival of their son - Chase Ashley McGrath.

Chase was born at approximately 1:45pm on Tuesday afternoon and weighed in at a healthy 7 pounds 7 ounces.

mcgrath_amanda-c.jpg

Congratulations to the McGraths, and to the Lions in 18 years time.

I'm groaning already at the wordsmithing that will begin when he starts his junior footy. Chase Chase!
When he hits either the terrible twos or the grouchy teenage years, Chasers war on everything.
When he hits his late teens/early 20s no doubt some one will come up with chaste Chase, either ironically or literally.

Would love to see him play this weekend, hopefully inspired by the birth of his son :thumbsu:. The sydney board seem quite wary of him. Was what he has done an ongoing thing coz I think I remember him limping around a bit against the dogs?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice article on Ash in this week's Inside Footy.

- wants to be a one club player (no longer looking to move home to WA - "I'm a Brisbane boy now")
- his next contract is likely to be his last
- says this year is the best of his career
- Voss coming to the club brought new life which helped him make the decision to stay
- returned for the 2011 pre-season with skin folds of 80 when his target is 48!

More on the injury

Brisbane's medicos are still working through the full extent of the damage and possible treatment plans but coach Michael Voss said the club was preparing for the worst ahead of tomorrow night's showdown with Sydney at the SCG.
"At the moment it's fairly likely that Ash will be missing for the rest of the year," Voss said.
"It is tendon related. When it becomes tendon related, it becomes a bit more significant.

A bit silly of me to say that. Just disappointed to lose valuable players at a crucial time of the season. Still hopeful of beating the Swans.
Thankfully, even though they have been great players for our team this year they can be replaced by players who can take over and do a good job. I would much prefer these 2 players to go down compared to lets say 2 of Hudson, Rockliff, Redden, Rich, Browny, Patfull, Drummond or Merrett. IMO the players that I just mentioned would be a lot harder to replace.

It is still a massive shame though and they are both big losses!

McGrath Facing Lengthy Stint
Fri 06 Jul, 2012

Brisbane Lions fans probably shouldn’t hold their breath waiting for Ash McGrath’s on-field return in 2012, after Senior Coach Michael Voss today revealed that the veteran swingman’s season could be over.

While McGrath’s exact length of time on the sidelines is still unknown, Voss advised that his hamstring injury suffered against Melbourne last Sunday turned out to be more severe than the Club first thought.

McGrath, who also missed the team’s Round 12 clash against Hawthorn with a minor knee complaint, has played considerably more minutes up forward in recent weeks.

In fact, he’s booted a team-high total of eight goals from his past two matches - against Melbourne and the Western Bulldogs.

mcgrath_handball-c.jpg

Nice article on Ash in this week's
- returned for the 2011 pre-season with skin folds of 80 when his target is 48!

One has the feeling Ash may struggle wirh his weight after footy. Lets hope he doesn't end up looking like d jarman!

Such a shame to be out for season if correct. Really loving his work in the forward line. Rest up - next year is his time to be a 40 - 50 goal forward as we climb up the top half of the ladder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Retired Ashley McGrath (2000-2014)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back