Ask DT/SC Questions Here (Please check player's roster watch thread before Posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Ask DT/SC Questions Here (Please Read First Page before Posting)

Do you see Docherty getting much game time this season?
Unlikely to get early games. Later on in the season he may be a good trade down option.

137403-afl-round-7.jpg

How many of you have this guy in your squad?
he is in mine atm, but it will come down to whether he will start rd 1 or not...

but i am biased as i love the man and have had him starting in my squad every year... even last year... :(

137403-afl-round-7.jpg

How many of you have this guy in your squad?
he is in mine atm, but it will come down to whether he will start rd 1 or not...

but i am biased as i love the man and have had him starting in my squad every year... even last year... :(

Not in mine. No matter how much I like him he will never be in my team. WHEN he plays he can score well but as we all know he can rarely stay on the park for an extended period of time.

I've decided that he'll be in my side if he plays round 1. I'll take the punt that he'll put together enough games early to warrant the selection. If he can get his price back up to the $500K that it sits at when he's fit, then you really only burn one trade at the point he is injured, all the while getting a premium scorer when he is fit.

The big risk is he gets injured early or his form replicates last year's, where he was a shadow of his former self.

If he had a full offseason under his belt I might be tempted for SC as well POBT but he is still not with the main group. There has to be every chance that he will start slow. In truth it would not surprise me if he started in the ressies. We seem to have a lot of small/med defensive options this year and the coaching staff can afford not to rush Drummond back into the side.

If he had a full offseason under his belt I might be tempted for SC as well POBT but he is still not with the main group. There has to be every chance that he will start slow. In truth it would not surprise me if he started in the ressies. We seem to have a lot of small/med defensive options this year and the coaching staff can afford not to rush Drummond back into the side.
If he plays the last round of the NAB Cup (as is apparently the goal), then it will be a positive sign. If he gets through that, and perhaps gets a game in the rest week before the season starts, he'll stands an OK chance to be in reasonable shape.

I get the impression that his absence from the training track is as much precautionary as anything else. He is training, just not with the group. The big questions are how much match practice he needs to get back up to speed and whether his body simply can't do what it used to. We'll learn a lot from those final weeks of the pre-season but my gut feel is that if he can get through the practice matches, he'll be in decent nick for round 1.

In 2010, Drummond enjoyed a strong start to the year scoring wise despite an interrupted preparation. He missed some of the off season but I admit that he was certainly in the main group by January, so clearly ahead of where he is now. But it still goes to show that he doesn't need an ideal preparation to score well.

Playing with injury restrictions late last year, he still managed a 100+ and a 90+ score in 4 matches (average 89), despite clearly being incapable of playing anywhere near his best footy. An average of 89 puts his value at around $487K so you effectively get a deduction of around $120K on that. At his current value, his break even score is 68. He'd have to have a phenomenally slow start to average around that (he averaged 59 early in his comeback from LARS which is proving to be one of the toughest things to recover from).

He's undoubtedly a risk but when he plays he's in the top tier as far as defenders in SC go. I can understand people avoiding him because of the risk but there is plenty of potentialy reward and, moreover, my gut feel is that the worst case scenario is he will cost you one trade.

Jed Adcock..how's his preseason going so far, do you guys expect him to maintain or increase his output this year?

Jed Adcock..how's his preseason going so far, do you guys expect him to maintain or increase his output this year?
His pre-season has been fine. In terms of his scoring, it is a big unknown. He may be asked to play more lock down roles if Hanley and McGrath play other roles. Then again, someone like Golby might be given the opposition's most dangerous small forward.

It is interesting to note that Adcock had a great start to 2011, with 6 of his first 8 games scoring over 100. His decline in scoring coincided with the loss of Merrett which meant Adcock may have felt the need to be more accountable down back (coupled with the loss of his fellow game day captain, in the absence of Brown). With an almost full list to select from, Jed might return to that level of scoring.

Across a whole season, I don't expect massive gains in his scoring but a slight bump (closer to 100 than 90) isn't out of the question.

His pre-season has been fine. In terms of his scoring, it is a big unknown. He may be asked to play more lock down roles if Hanley and McGrath play other roles. Then again, someone like Golby might be given the opposition's most dangerous small forward.

It is interesting to note that Adcock had a great start to 2011, with 6 of his first 8 games scoring over 100. His decline in scoring coincided with the loss of Merrett which meant Adcock may have felt the need to be more accountable down back (coupled with the loss of his fellow game day captain, in the absence of Brown). With an almost full list to select from, Jed might return to that level of scoring.

Across a whole season, I don't expect massive gains in his scoring but a slight bump (closer to 100 than 90) isn't out of the question.

Appreciate your thoughts, thanks mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have to disagree with you POBT on why Adcock declined after round 8.

I upgraded to Jed around week 8 last year and that put the kybosh on him well and truly.

I've got Adcock, but having seen a few comments about him do you reckon Hanley will be a better option?

Have to disagree with you POBT on why Adcock declined after round 8.

I upgraded to Jed around week 8 last year and that put the kybosh on him well and truly.
It was one of the few times my Lions bias worked in my favour! (I'll be burned by Drummo though!)

I've got Adcock, but having seen a few comments about him do you reckon Hanley will be a better option?
Adcock is the surer bet to average 90 but there's a risk/reward factor with Hanley. If Hanley moves up to a wing/midfield and thrives, then his scoring could rise again quite significantly.

I'd go Adcock just for certainty. Injuries aside, you can lock and leave him. Hanley might give you some concern, particularly if a new role means that he struggles early.

Watch in the preseason to see which is being used as the goto guy coming out of defense. Jed was that early last year before Hanley largely assumed the role. Whichever of the two has that job jump on as it is a DT/SC gold position for us.

Watch in the preseason to see which is being used as the goto guy coming out of defense. Jed was that early last year before Hanley largely assumed the role. Whichever of the two has that job jump on as it is a DT/SC gold position for us.
Drummo :p

But good advice. Depending on structure and fitness, we have lots of competition for spots in the small/medium defender roles.

Cheers guys, will look closely in the NAB cup :thumbsu:

Thanks for all the. I'm considering either brown or christensen. Just got a feeling the latter will go bang after what I saw late last year. But it its an if and I do think brown is a solid pick for that price.

for those list experts out there can brisbane promote wrigley now or "shudder" or need a long term injury???

We have two vets so we need a LTI. Staker is one although you would think that has been promised to McKeever.

Round 11 we can promote someone without a LTI.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask DT/SC Questions Here (Please check player's roster watch thread before Posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back