Official Club Stuff Ask Lions_Insider!

Remove this Banner Ad

Come on, it really has to be either Adam Heuskes or Albett Proud. Both such upstanding and solid club citizens.
It was a shame about Albert. I trained with him over two pre seasons whilst he was a Lion at Max Kennedy’s gym and he was a ripping guy...well before those incidents, which really shocked me to be honest.

3kz has to be a troll account or someone practicing to become a politician.
Funny you say that because for a number of years I served on the State Council of the AEU and I was ‘approached’ by a faceless apparatchik from the ALP. I declined.

Funny you say that because for a number of years I served on the State Council of the AEU and I was ‘approached’ by a faceless apparatchik from the ALP. I declined.

Pinskier?

It was a shame about Albert. I trained with him over two pre seasons whilst he was a Lion at Max Kennedy’s gym and he was a ripping guy...well before those incidents, which really shocked me to be honest.

I remember thinking he was such a wasted talent. Could have been half decent player but wasted it. Was a real shame.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He was... sober. Inebriated Albert a different equation.

I remember thinking he was such a wasted talent. Could have been half decent player but wasted it. Was a real shame.
I personally think Rhan Hooper was one of the biggest wasted talents at the Lions. He could’ve been anything and really should’ve been. I saw at Docklands against North when he kicked four and he really could’ve been as good as Cyril Rioli had he applied himself.

I personally think Rhan Hooper was one of the biggest wasted talents at the Lions. He could’ve been anything and really should’ve been. I saw at Docklands against North when he kicked four and he really could’ve been as good as Cyril Rioli had he applied himself.
Absolutely, the subject of "wasted talents" "could have beens" comes up quite regularly and whenever it does I always mention Rhan, another one of our players I thought showed some fantastic glimpses albeit all too rare was Jason Roe.

Yep. He had phenomenal closing speed when applying offensive pressure chasing opponents down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To complete a murderer's row, Tom Collier.
Ironically, I reckon I saw Tom’s best game for the club against St Kilda at Docklands and he actually had Riewoldt’s measure.

I remember being stoked when we landed Tom in the draft but it just didn’t come together for him for whatever reason.

Jesse O’Brien was another that should’ve played more than he did; not that he was in the camp of what some of those others could’ve been but when he applied himself, he actually showed a bit.
From my memory of one of the responses at a fan forum back in the day, he didn't apply himself off the field to the required standard.

From my memory of one of the responses at a fan forum back in the day, he didn't apply himself off the field to the required standard.
That would go for a lot of players that "don't make it" IMO, it's a bloody hard gruelling gig, particularly the off season and it only gets harder with every ensuing year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Club Stuff Ask Lions_Insider!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back