Multiplat Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Assassin's Creed : Brotherhood

i stopped reading this thread cause for a while when it came out there was nothing but spoiler tagged posts so i thought it was going to stay down that path and avoided it.
but since starting it thought i might as well jump on and have a look.

honestly this game is amazing.
from the get go you just know it's something special. it also doesn't hurt that its the follow on to one of the best games i've ever played in AC:2.
the graphics are insane (probably in the top 3-4 i've ever played), the sound is awesome and the city design/re-creation as a whole is spectactular.

also having been to rome in the past and being to the amazing places in real life then seeing them in game and remembering specific moments and photos is just a truly weird and awesome feeling.
it's really giving me a strong desire to go back soon.

i'm only in chapter 3 at the moment but i can't wait to see how it all plays out.

mate that's what got me so excited initially too. They've done such an amazing job recreating Rome.

I mean, from the very start of the game where you walk through the Sistine Chapel, then turn down the hallways with the windows overlooking the courtyard with the big egglike sculpture - if you've ever been there yourself it's friggin uncanny!! Just like being there.

I had the same feeling when I realised I was at the Pantheon, too, with the Oculus in the roof (no Macca's across the courtyard though!) :D

And it just gets better. The story and voice acting is incredible. I've said it before, but I just loved this game. I'm shattered I'm finished it tbh

I had the same feeling when I realised I was at the Pantheon, too, with the Oculus in the roof (no Macca's across the courtyard though!) :D

haha i know right!
the maccas and all the little coffee shops around it.
i ate at that maccas as well hehe :D
the pantheon was my first true feeling of "this is ridiculous"

also the collosseum and the arches on the outside with the ruins to the left.....
it was weird being taken back to before all the cars just driving right by it like it's a normal building!
also when i was inside the collosseum in game i ran around trying to pinpoint the spot where i had a stupid but pretty cool gladiator pose shot taken.....couldn't tell for certain but can vaguely remember the area.

i've played games with a recreated new york etc... but it simply doesn't compare to what's inside this game with the history of rome.

Alright Full Sync..., are we getting it right first before moving on, or are we leaving it and coming back to it whenever?

Still loving it, online too.

Alright Full Sync..., are we getting it right first before moving on, or are we leaving it and coming back to it whenever?

Still loving it, online too.

for the 2/3 of the game I was letting it go, last 1/3 I started re-starting. I figured I could go back and get 100%, but I'll be honest, it's not as motivating as when you're actually still in the game imo.

The other thing it took me a while to figure out was that, even if you get to a checkpoint and, say, lost a square or kill someone wrong, then die and start from the checkpoint, that's still your 100% sync ****ed. You have to actually restart the entire memory to ensure full sync.

I kinda wish I'd got my head around that a bit sooner

I've only ever played the original AC on PS3, and while it was a reasonable game, it seemed to get boring and repetitive after a while. I never bothered with AC2.

However judging by this thread and other reviews, this game is meant to be a ripper. What does it have over the original?

I've only ever played the original AC on PS3, and while it was a reasonable game, it seemed to get boring and repetitive after a while. I never bothered with AC2.

However judging by this thread and other reviews, this game is meant to be a ripper. What does it have over the original?
Pretty much everything.

Improved combat, better free running. Bigger and better looking cities.

Awesome story, TONS of side missions, no repetition. And a ****load of fun.

[YOUTUBE]II_g4_LSSRA[/YOUTUBE]

I know it's more AC1 & 2 but I thought I'd post it in here anyway. Found this video amazing. It actually kinda makes me miss Atair a little bit haha.

The best thing about AC was the story, but the gameplay had a lot to improve on - AC2 and Brotherhood are both so, so, so much more fun to play than the first. Do yourself a favour and get AC2.

Picked this up yesturday thanks to JB's 3-4-1 (only cost me $45 for the trade ins :D)
Only problem is i have to finish AC2 and i think im only around half way through.

The couple of weeks off over xmas will have some serious gaming sessions i do beieve lol.

More new and free DLC coming for AC:B MP. New map and mode, bringing a CTF like mode.:thumbsu:

Source: http://www.giantbomb.com/news/more-free-assassins-creed-brotherhood-dlc-hitting-in-jan/2791/
Later in January, you'll be able to get this DLC's predictable follow-up, "Animus Project Update 2.0," for the very same price of nothing.

Just like previous DLC, Update 2.0 will add a new map and game mode. The map is called "Pienza Map," a "perfect free-running playground" according to creator Ubisoft. The fresh mode is a twist on Capture the Flag called "Chest Capture," which will feature two three-man teams capturing and defending chests.

Update 2.0 will also include a "new Templar Score feature" that Ubisoft says will "reward diligent work by Abstergo recruits."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

also having been to rome in the past and being to the amazing places in real life then seeing them in game and remembering specific moments and photos is just a truly weird and awesome feeling.
it's really giving me a strong desire to go back soon.

I'm going to Firenze, Venezia and Roma (Florence, Venice and Rome doesn't sound right anymore) next year and I know I'm going to spend most of my time walking around looking for things I recognise from the games. My friend went this year and from looking at her photos I saw half a dozen places that looked very familiar

I'm going to Firenze, Venezia and Roma (Florence, Venice and Rome doesn't sound right anymore) next year and I know I'm going to spend most of my time walking around looking for things I recognise from the games. My friend went this year and from looking at her photos I saw half a dozen places that looked very familiar

it's absolutely amazing dude, you'll love it!

Just finishd AC2, now onto Brotherhood (or Batman AA)
A quick qustion, can u party up in MP on Brotherhood?

Just finishd AC2, now onto Brotherhood (or Batman AA)
Personally I reckon you'd be better off going and playing through Batman AA just so as you don't get AC burnout, since AC2 and ACB are very similar games with ACB just taking what AC2 does and making it bigger and better.

But Batman AA is it's own game of awesomeness that will give you a nice little break in between Ezio adventures.

I got an email last night from Ubisoft. Because I was signed up to Uplay they gave me free in-game access to a new area "The Trajan Market". Pretty sweet considering all I did was sign up to Uplay ages ago, haven't given it a go as of yet, but I love that Ubisoft is giving away so much free content for this game.

Also a new patch is inbound soon to finally fix some of the worse issues. One is trophies not unlocking, I had this happen with the first 3 chapters and another beginning trophy not unlocking (so I had to go back and start a new game just to get them). Also is fixing the quick travel system.

Source: http://www.joystiq.com/2010/12/21/assassins-creed-brotherhood-patch-to-correct-animus-bug/
Title Update 3 aims to free players who get stuck either during the match search process, or in the Animus seat when they visit the 2012 timeline in the single-player campaign.

Multiplayer

• "Sometimes players may remain stuck during matchmaking (game never starts)."
  • "In extremely rare occasions, a crash may occur if another player of the same session quits while another player is loading the map at the exact same time."
  • "When joining a session In Manhunt, in the chased team, you may have a sound present during the entire session."

Single player

• "The player may remain stuck in the present optional (2012), in a spawning loop in Monterigioni, while interacting with the Animus (Animus Bug)."
  • "Using fast travel towards Northern Campagna may result in Ezio getting continuously desynchronized."
  • "Sometimes a bug can occur that prevents the player from unlocking any additional Trophies (Trophy Bug)."
  • "On rare occasion, if the player changes their outfit at the completion of a mission, they will respawn in the same world, being stuck, without any possibility of returning to Rome."

Same.

Just tried out the multiplayer because I havent finished the singleplayer of ACII yet. It's pretty fun, but I think the replay value is pretty low. It's quite a novel approach to multiplayer, but I'm not sure how long the fun will last.

I need some serious tips on the multiplayer. Are we allowed to kill any assassin or just our contract?

Just completed it tonight

Fantastic stuff. Would move to number 2 for my GOTY from last year now, pushing RDR for 1st

Unbelievable game

I'm so into history, consparicies, hidden rooms through out history and the such ( i loved the National Treasure films) so i got a lot out of it

Bring on November 2011 for the story to continue

I beat it last week. Ended up loving it, even though it started off slowly. Couldn't be arsed with the multiplayer.

Hope they don't release AC3 this year, though. Might be a bit burnt out by then.

I beat it last week. Ended up loving it, even though it started off slowly. Couldn't be arsed with the multiplayer.

Hope they don't release AC3 this year, though. Might be a bit burnt out by then.

Oh, but they will

Ubisoft are just like evry other company. they have comp sales figures to go against each year, so they need another Creed game to match November last year

Pretty sure it already has a November 11th date in our system too

But if you're burnt out, don't buy it straight away.

I want it now to find out where the story goes!

If they can make it just as good as brotherhood I'm all for it!

What does everyone think will happen in Ezio's story the next time around?

I think it would involve
looking for Eden (which is what I thought would be a good explanation from the link below), as Desmond will be looking for his 'Eve'.

Hoping it also involves more use of the assassins! Loved using your own personal army to attack a group of guards allowing you to easily pass. Hoping for more strongholds too with a wider range of difficulty. Also needs more cowbell.

Btw a lot of very imaginative people at http://forums.n4g.com/spoilers-assassin39s-creed-brotherhood-ending-explained-my-theory-m871200-p1.aspx have tried to sum up the ending and WTF happened.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back