ATP ATP 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Popyrin isn’t half bad on the clay is he? Great result for both. ADM was disappointing this afternoon.

Seems like it's hus preferred surface.

Both ended up winning their semis and now have Wawrinka (Popryin) and Fritz (Vukic) in their finals. Pretty huge week.

I don't either will win but will make an effort to watch them both on the morning

Seems like it's hus preferred surface.

Both ended up winning their semis and now have Wawrinka (Popryin) and Fritz (Vukic) in their finals. Pretty huge week.

I don't either will win but will make an effort to watch them both on the morning
Fantastic week for both, huge week as you said. The Aussie men are piling up in the top 100, pretty amazing. We just need a legitimate slam contender. We have one but who knows how many more slams he’ll even enter.

This will be the test for him, does he have the motivation to go through qualifying to get into tournaments, i dont think he does

Wait till after the US Open, he's just pulled out of Toronto, he could very well be unranked.

But there will be wildcards for him. He brings people in so he'll be able to have as many as he wants (whether he plays again...)

Some challenging match-ups for Aussies in Washington R2 (assuming some get through winnable R1s):

Purcell v (1)Fritz
Vukic v (15)Murray
Thompson v (17)Mannarino
Kokkinakis v (13)Humbert

The Kokk through already.

sigh Is it really a quarter of a century since Pat Rafter would win the US circuit back-to-back double on his way to US Open success?

ETA Oh... It was more of a treble..

03 Aug MONTREAL d Krajicek 76 64
10 Aug MASON d Sampras 16 76 64
24 Aug LONG ISLAND d Mantilla 76 62
31 Aug USO d Phillipoussis 63 36 62 60

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ADM beats Tommy Paul, great result. He seems to enjoy Mexico.

Tsitsipas vs Jarry currently, it’s nearing midnight, it’s still 30 degrees, and there’s another match scheduled which if Tsitsipas extends it to 3, will start around 1am. Amazing crowds though, they’re packed in even though it’s practically midnight.

Not sure what it is about Mexican tournaments but they love there late nights, I remember Acapulco last year finished at 455am local time and there was massive crowd there all the way to the finish

Not sure what it is about Mexican tournaments but they love there late nights, I remember Acapulco last year finished at 455am local time and there was massive crowd there all the way to the finish

It's still 30 degrees at 10pm over there. Only time they can really play.

Great timezone for us

Final in Kitzbuhel just started, hometown hero Thiem against Baez. A title win for Thiem would be massive for him, I think Baez gets up here but Thiem has got a crazy crowd on his side.

Final in Kitzbuhel just started, hometown hero Thiem against Baez. A title win for Thiem would be massive for him, I think Baez gets up here but Thiem has got a crazy crowd on his side.

Home Thiem vs not home Thiem.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back