ATP Matsers Series 1000: Indian Wells

Remove this Banner Ad

He did 6-4, so that makes it a 10-0 H2H record ebtween Roddick and Melzer

And of course, let's schedule Sam's match not early like they have been all tournament on the day I have to work, when there should be a live stream too. :mad: I wouldn't of mind waking up early for it.

Nadal's been in good touch. Think playing doubles has helped him with his fitness and rhythm.

Soderling seems to have found his groove again.

He's been in pretty good form since Melbourne, really.

That was so disappointing he hurt his wrist/elbow when he did, because he could have gone far and needed to considering he has 1400 points to defend at Roland Garros.

Nobody has come in and mentioned Sam's win this morning? 6-3, 7-6(7) over Martinez Sanchez and now faces Jankovic. She's been a tough opponent for Sam so good to get a win on this sort of stage against her. Further proving whys he should be in the top 10. 6am start tomorrow for the match against Jankovic, look forward to it.

Ljubicic beat Monaco in 3 sets and Nadal's a set up against Berdych, haven't watched much this morning although nadal's looking good at the moment.

Nobody has come in and mentioned Sam's win this morning? 6-3, 7-6(7) over Martinez Sanchez and now faces Jankovic. She's been a tough opponent for Sam so good to get a win on this sort of stage against her. Further proving whys he should be in the top 10. 6am start tomorrow for the match against Jankovic, look forward to it.

Ljubicic beat Monaco in 3 sets and Nadal's a set up against Berdych, haven't watched much this morning although nadal's looking good at the moment.

Unbelievable brain fade by Martinez Sanchez on Match point. After her first serve was judged out by a Stosur challenge, she thought she had another first serve and served a big serve out of a double fault. Sanchez then stood her ground and prepared to serve again, before the umpire called Game Set Match Stosur.

Unbelievable brain fade by Martinez Sanchez on Match point. After her first serve was judged out by a Stosur challenge, she thought she had another first serve and served a big serve out of a double fault. Sanchez then stood her ground and prepared to serve again, before the umpire called Game Set Match Stosur.

Bizarre situation, almost seemed like the crowd were booing there in the highlights.

Nadal beat Berdych in straight sets so a Nadal/Ljubicic SF.

Ridiculous by MS, seriously what the heck was she thinking, why would you get a let and a first serve after your serve was proved by Hawkeye to be a fault? Seriously!! :confused:

Great week for Sammy! :thumbsu: She could win this.

As for the men, Roddick has officially moved into #1 on my boring last, moving ahead of Murray. And he acts like a tool on the court. He got aced, he THEN sticks up his hands as if to say I wasn't ready. Umpire looks at him, Roddick says he had his hand up, umpire replays the point. Even watcing live you could clearly see that his hands came up long after the serve went by him. Roddick's so full of double standards.

As for the men, Roddick has officially moved into #1 on my boring last, moving ahead of Murray. And he acts like a tool on the court. He got aced, he THEN sticks up his hands as if to say I wasn't ready. Umpire looks at him, Roddick says he had his hand up, umpire replays the point. Even watcing live you could clearly see that his hands came up long after the serve went by him. Roddick's so full of double standards.
I love his "I WAS THERE!" defence when the opponent hits a winner that is called out and then reversed on Hawk-eye. It doesn't matter if he was on the other side of the court, or if the ball was a mile passed him when the call was made... Andy is always there. Of course this is then followed by the customary belittling and humiliation of the umpire during Andy's 'I was right, you were wrong' tyrade. Just a giant douchebag really.

Bet of the day - Wozniacki to beat Radwanska @ 1.90. YES, the bookies actually have Radwanska as favourite. They play the same freakin game and Wozniacki is better at it. Has to be something more to this than just Radwanska having a good week. Anyway, all over this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She played pretty ordinary this morning, serve wasn't working, a lot of unforced errors, got to a point where she was just slicing the backhand back with not much bite straight to the Jankovic forehand and she was killing it. Just not much game plan it seemed. It wasn't until the last game where Jankovic served for the match where Sam had a couple of break points she seemed to hit more cleanly. Probably feel like its an opportunity slipped but a good week anyway.

Roddick beat Robredo as expected and Soderling beat Murray, didn't watch either but I guess Murray would been completely dominated by Soderling's big game.

Seriously, why was Radwanska favourite for this match. :confused: *cue Radwanska comeback*

Yeah, I'm not sure why I didn't jump on to that, Wozinacki is better at the same type of game, there was a lot of long rallies in that one. Good bet :thumbsu:

6am start for the men's semis tomorrow, you can almosts kip the first one Nadal should beat Ljubicic fairlyc omfortably but looking at the other semi very interesting with Roddick/Soderling, Robin's won both of their previous encounters, Roddick hasn't had too much of a test while Soderling just beat Murray, I see Soderling winning this, it's his week.

I'm looking at a tennis forum at the minute, and the hate for Wozniacki is ridiculous. I know people don't like the "pushing" gamestyle, and whilst it might not be the best spectacle at the end of the day she's winning matches. There's also a lot of hate for Stosur too...

I'm looking at a tennis forum at the minute, and the hate for Wozniacki is ridiculous. I know people don't like the "pushing" gamestyle, and whilst it might not be the best spectacle at the end of the day she's winning matches. There's also a lot of hate for Stosur too...

I assumer your looking at tennisforum.com, they seem to be getting stupider by the day it seems over there. Just ignore it really

As much as I dislike Wozinacki's playing style, you're right she's winning matches because and until other step it up it'll keep winning matches.

I won't get started on the hate for the Sam over there, just completely unecessary a lot of it.

Probably got the most unlikely final with Ljubicic/Roddick. Woke up 7.30 expecting Nadal to be almost done with Ljubicic but eventually it was Ljubo who got the job done 3-6, 6-4, 7-6, biggest surprise of the tournament. Nadal has been good all tournament so this kind of form was a surprise was missing a lot of forehands than he was used to, in the 3rd Ljubo was having the mroe diffculty holding serve but once it got to the TB, a couple of errors from the Nadal racket and a couple of winners including match point for Ljubo and won.

Roddick and Soderling match was ridclously up and down. Think Soderling stuffed a major opportunity here, played way too many loose service games and there was only so many opportunities you can give a big serve like Roddick. Wasn't exactly a high quality match at all. Hopefully Roddick can win this tomorrow, he has a 7-3 record over Ljubo but they haven't palyed since '07

Is the eurosport guide ever correct?

Seriously, why was Radwanska favourite for this match. :confused: *cue Radwanska comeback*

Yeah i was confused by it too. Odds i took didn't have Radwanska as favourite though, but still 1.9-something for Caro. Radwanska doesn't seem to beat the real top players much, despite getting a fair way through draws pretty regularly.

In contrast, I'm very tempted by Jankovic at $2.15. She's got a 3-0 record over Caro, and has just dropped the one set this week.

In contrast, I'm very tempted by Jankovic at $2.15. She's got a 3-0 record over Caro, and has just dropped the one set this week.

Not a bad bet, Jankovic has been playing well this week although I think Woz stepped it up a level against Radwanska. At those odds its good value

Well, Ljubicic is the winner, 7-6, 7-6 over Roddick. Roddick just couldn't return Ljubicic's serve, 20 aces for the big bald man and came up on top in the TB's. Roddick again just content to rally and if you are doing that then it will depend how well your opponent plays and Ljubicic played very well. Great story after we all thought his best years was behind him, now he has an ATP Masters 100 title.

Jankovic winning the women's, back to some sort of form she is capable of this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

ATP Matsers Series 1000: Indian Wells

Remove this Banner Ad

Back