jaydylcole

Debutant
May 20, 2008
OZ
AFL Club
Melbourne
Mr Ablett,

I hope this post gets to you,
I am not one to beg, but please, please, please comeback and play for the cats.
I know it can be frustrating at times playing in the spotlight, and a lot of people can be arrogant, judgemental and so on, but these peoples opinion does't matter.
I beleive that you have enormous potential and with experience and persistance in my opinion have what it takes to become not only a fantastic player but a superstar.
I took great joy in watching you and your brother play 1n '07 its pure magic to watch, and you will only get better with age and experience, much like Gary.
A lot of people have said in the past that you have the potential to be better than Gary, and he is awesome.
I can hear Bruce Mcavaney now:

Ablett, Clears from the centle, Weaves around one player, Takes a bounce and another, Blind turn past another, Escapes another would be tackler, Kicks high to..... Ableeeeeeeeeeeettttttt, Screamer, Goal thats his 12th for the day!
Spppeeeccciiiaaaaaaallll!

Come back Nathan,
If not it will be a sad day for footy......

P.S Imagine if your old man had stayed away from the game, We would not have witnessed in my opinion the greatest player ever.

Yours Sincerly,
A Melbourne Supporter.

I just want one question answered

Is Nathan Ablett getting paid by Geelong?

I just want one question answered

Is Nathan Ablett getting paid by Geelong?

He is contracted for this year so you think they would have come to an "arrangement" regarding this season.

He is contracted for this year so you think they would have come to an "arrangement" regarding this season.

The arrangment should involve him getting 0 dollars. As I said a while ago if he is getting paid it will just prove he wants the money but not the work that you gotta do to get it

WTF?:confused: Let the guy be! He is enjoying playing local footy with his mates. Good luck to him!

yeah goodluck too him, i wish him all the best, i would just love to see him playing at the highest level, which he is obviously good enough too.
Im simply saying that he is missed, so cool ya jets!
either way good luck to him im not having a go at him!!!!!!!

his not playing local footy atm... he is getting payed by geelong as well, and at the moment he is on holidays in queensland, or he was last time i spoke to him. which was last week.

his not playing local footy atm... he is getting payed by geelong as well, and at the moment he is on holidays in queensland, or he was last time i spoke to him. which was last week.

AFLs lowest form if thats all true.

He has never been as good as Gary, and will never be. That said he still has the genetic make-up to be an above par AFL footballer, even when you could tell he wasn't entirely committed, or putting in 100%, he could still manage to do the freaky and show flashes of brilliance. Would be good to see him back next year.

As far as I can see he's a kid who won a flag in his first couple of years, so having accomplished that already why continue doing something he clearly doesn't enjoy/isn't fully committed to?

Who are we to tell him that he should play AFL footy?

The arrangment should involve him getting 0 dollars. As I said a while ago if he is getting paid it will just prove he wants the money but not the work that you gotta do to get it

maybe it's about how you manage a team list? Not exactly a strong point for the eagles. And you don't know if he's paid $5 or $50,000. It's generally supported by cat's supporters, and apparently by the Geelong players,so why should you give a rats?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A contract is a contract. He was left on the list so it will be honoured.

I don't see the confusion.

Not exactly correct. He is contracted to play football for the GFC and he "retired". If he had "retired" before list submission he would have been delisted and not paid a cent even though the contract was for another year. That said I would be supprised if there wasn't a agreement between GFC and Nathan that gave him a percentage of his salary over this year. He wouldn't have been on huge money (contract) anyway so I would think 50-70K for this year would be about right for him?

He should stay away from football, if you are not 100% committed then you don't just let yourself down you let all your team mates down as well.

I have respect for someone that is big enough to see the bigger picture, a lot of players infest a club with a bad attitude.

Just leave the kid alone and if he feels he can make the commitment then great.

AFLs lowest form if thats all true.

The AFL's lowest form atm belongs to that dynasty team that lost by 135 points in front of 40000 of their own fans at home with half a team of premiership players and hardened finals players.

As for Nablett, he didn't want to play AFL, the club talked him into it, he played for 3 years and contributed 37 goals in a premiership season as a KPP including 3 in the GF at 21 years of age. If he doesn't want to continue so be it.

Very few Geelong supporters would have an issue with him being paid for this year so why does it bother you? :cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Attention Nathan Ablett!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back