Race 7: 3 Pane In The Glass @ 4.50
Race 8: 4 Red Tracer @ 2.50

@ 61.88

Moonee Valley

Race 2: 5 Sir Hallowell @ 6.00
Race 8: 9 Base @ 5.50

@ 33.00

Warwick Farm

1-8 Alvitas - I'm going with the midweek form here from the couple down the bottom of weights. Alvitas last sectionals were super and he was going to go straight past Sienna Red last start with an extra 50m, which we have today. Has a better gate too to not work as hard early.

2-5 Our Cannavaro - Should hit his peak today and nicely weighted.

3-8 River Jordan - closed quickly on Bereft last start after giving a massive head start from last, can't believe he is $10 with the extra 200m in trip! I'd take a exacta saver with the two, but great value.

4-3 ThankGodYoureHere - forgive my bias but despite his winless campaign in Autumn I think he can pull out a good race, if they ride him quietly enough on a wet enough track, which we've got today. Winter King couldn't be any more impressive though last run.

5-3 Manawanui - You really have to see his maiden win to see what the fuss is all about with this horse, jumped poorly settled well back then went past the whole field with great ease. Then he followed it up with a great win against classy Freewheeling where he showed versaitilty by sitting on the speed then running away at the end. Really liked Double Rangas last run so like this exacta.

6-13 Sacred Choice - the best wet miler in Australia is whispered to be up and about early and she's got her track today - has been crunched all week in betting, not too confident about much in this race however.

7-2 Streama - as much as I like Eagle Falls I think her style will be against her today up against Streama who will get a cosy run on speed and have too much of a start.

8-4 Red Tracer - always know what youre going to get from her fresh, where her main dangers take a touch longer to come to task I feel. One of my favourites in races like these.

Moonee Valley

1-2 There's Only One - obvious pick

2-11 State Grade - More of a miler but gets a nice race here to chalk one up, may need some luck and may only just get there, may race more forward which he can do.

3-10 Shylight - Won over this distance by 5 lengths first up last prep after bombing the start! Shes a very good horse, beat Southern Speed and Absolutely last prep too over longer. Don't know how wound up she is but if she is up there around the turn she will be very hard to run down, I really think she was made for this track.

4-9 Savaging - Always liked this one coming up through the grades and todays race looks a good next step. Flying.

5-7 Sweet Ella - Have really liked the way she has won both her starts, has clearly been put away for these Spring races. Good race.

6-5 Secret Hills - a real chance to pinch this based on his last run here, think a few of the good ones here will want further where he is pretty speedy.

7-8 Kulgrinda - flying, big opinion of her from the stable. Safe pick.

8-9 Base - just seems to be the right race first up, probably an underrated horse for this Spring. Everyone will be watching how December Draw runs though, big Cups hope. Cabeza owns the mile record for this track too, so watch for a big run, 2nd up though swayed me from it.

Ron you said you like The New Boy, apparently he is Derby bound

Dunno if he and December Draw will win today but their runs will be most interesting

How freaking good is Manawanui - $15 for the Guineas on tab might be worth a dollar

How freaking good is Manawanui - $15 for the Guineas on tab might be worth a dollar
That was impressive. I took the $1.95 early as I expected it to come in more, so a bit bittersweet. Schofield never made it a secret of how good he thought it was.

Two plays at Geelong today.

Race 7- Chase the Rainbow. Only due to a tip. Horelacy is super confient.

Race 9- Lucky Thunder. Ridiclous odds at $14 tab fixed odds. Rate it as a $6 chance in this field. Great run in the Sale quality 2 starts ago, got home nicely down the straight last start in much tougher race. Getting out to the 1300 suits. Only knock is that it's never seen the all weather surface.

Remove this Banner Ad

August - Daily Punt

Remove this Banner Ad

Back