Racing August Daily Thread - Happy Birthday Nags

Remove this Banner Ad

If not the Cox Plate what would be Hartnells main goal. I guess the Mackinnon now Emirates over 2000m flemington carries enough prizemoney to warrant it as a target

would accumulate 4 g1's and 2.3mil before he has to choose a mixture of CC, CP and Mackinnon. maybe does all 3. just get him firing and pick up all the low hanging fruit.

Which they cannot.

It'd be a 57-58kg job for him for a CC wouldn't it for Hartnell? Preferment carried 57kg last year with a similar 115 odd rating.

yeah can't see hartnell getting more than 58. Preferment had won twice as many g1's at that point compared to hartnell atm. +6kg on most horses in australia shouldn't be too much of a problem. probably has +2.5kg on most major threats.

yeah can't see hartnell getting more than 58. Preferment had won twice as many g1's at that point compared to hartnell atm. +6kg on most horses in australia shouldn't be too much of a problem. probably has +2.5kg on most major threats.

Plus was well held in the last two Melbourne Cups carrying 55.5 and 56 respectively.

Are you saying he can't win a CC with 58?

Won't be a walk in the park. Through the Turnbull run for example he'd have struggled to beat a 52.5kg rated Jameka last year and he has looked nowhere near that horse since.

I cbf looking back but was just working on the assumption that horses generally get around the same weight in both and there is no way in hell you could give him 58 in a Melbourne Cup.

Won't be a walk in the park. Through the Turnbull run for example he'd have struggled to beat a 52.5kg rated Jameka last year and he has looked nowhere near that horse since.

I cbf looking back but was just working on the assumption that horses generally get around the same weight in both and there is no way in hell you could give him 58 in a Melbourne Cup.

well thats cool because we're talking about the caulfield cup. and ****ing lol on the Jameka reference. please tell me how that 3.25L margin disappears he beat her easing up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well thats cool because we're talking about the caulfield cup. and ******* lol on the Jameka reference. please tell me how that 3.25L margin disappears he beat her easing up.

There would be a 3kg turn around for a start

Esperance won like a superstar albeit at Echuca. I note its second line now in the Caulfield Guineas
I'm on it at $12 for the Guineas, don't usually bet this far out but think after today we won't get that.

Interested in R2 No 3 Groundbreak up in Sydney today at $8 small look at those odds may get better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Racing August Daily Thread - Happy Birthday Nags

Remove this Banner Ad

Back