Aussie Test team yet to prove anything!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The two true greentops we have played on the past 6 months were hobart and cape town and we got belted on both, greentops with exaggerated sideways movement are not where our team dominates.
I wouldn't say we got "belted" on those two "greentops". We lost by just 8 runs in Tassie and in Cape Town we could have easily won that match if we'd held onto our catches in that last innings. We dropped about 4 on the trot, early in the innings, though and that broke our spirit and we rolled over from there, letting them run away with it. If we'd held one or two of those catches, we could easily have rolled them for another low score (like the 47 and 96 totals of the previous two innings that match) and they could have fallen well short of the 235 they needed to win. Our dropped catches cost us that match as much as the deplorable innings of 47.
Hopefully the next times we come across pitches like that we'll go the 4 pace options and rip through whoever we're playing, like we did in the Perth test. In the Cape Town match, for instance, we bowled a total of 3 overs of spin for the whole match (they bowled 10 in two innings), so Lyon was basically there for his batting and fielding. As for Tassie, well, imagine if we'd brought Hilfy in one game earlier than we did. He'd have gone ape-shit on that Bellerive pitch!

What a pile of crap.

Clarkes innings was lucky in a lot of ways and HE even admitted it. Yes he did. Yes he f-ing did. He said it in his own words after the game that he was lucky that the clouds disappeared and the sun came out. He was fortunate and even if you watched his innings you would see that. Same with Ponting and Huss at that time. It was remarkable how the Sydney track dished up different conditions each day.

India made 400 after that so you could see that the first day really meant the game.

You need to watch your cricket a little more closely and start to get an idea.

So if the pitch was only crap on the first day, how come India still got bowled out on it?

What a pile of crap.

Clarkes innings was lucky in a lot of ways and HE even admitted it. Yes he did. Yes he f-ing did. He said it in his own words after the game that he was lucky that the clouds disappeared and the sun came out. He was fortunate and even if you watched his innings you would see that. Same with Ponting and Huss at that time. It was remarkable how the Sydney track dished up different conditions each day.

India made 400 after that so you could see that the first day really meant the game.

I am guessing your dad is Brad Haddin and you were dropped on your head a lot??

People often trot out 'Michael Clarke has never lost a series as captain' and while that might be technically true, a drawn series where all games had a result against NZ at home for all intents and purposes is a loss.

When I think about our previous series' that one is always a 'lost' series to me.

Joined in 2007, still an apprentice, and is sprouting a lot of crap... I think I know what the OP is.

Sunil Gavaskar has a BigFooty account now?

My first thoughts exactly. This kind of crap belongs over at ICF.

Condescendingly advising people to watch cricket a bit closer while in the same breath claiming that we've gone backwards since last summer is a wonderful contradiction.

Most cricket fans aren't oblivious to the improvements in our bowling, both individually as well as a unit. Yes, a lot of work needs to be done on our batting, while our attack always has scope for improvement, but there is definitely more to be positive about than this time last year.

We've found an opening partnership which has the potential to flourish, a young strike bowler with an amazingly high ceiling (perhaps two if you want to include Starc), while others who were previously condemned to sub-par performances (Siddle and Hilfenhaus) have stood up and drastically improved.

Some people are overreacting in already making predictions about a return to being world number 1, and like I said, there is much more to do, but in no manner have we gone backwards.

What a pile of crap.

Swearing makes your argument far more convincing. It intimidates me, and makes me think maybe I'm wrong and you're right. :rolleyes: It makes you sound cool too.

You're picking stuff out like "the clouds disappeared and the sun came out" to try and denigrate the fact that a guy made a 300 plus score. You're searching hard mate. We rolled India for 191 in the first innings. That won the match.

India won the toss! and elected to bat.

Try the positives if you think conditions have been so favourable to Australia. Dhoni wasn't smart enough to send Australia in in Sydney, and Clarke was smart enough in Perth to send India in. So, not only have we outplayed them, they've been out-captained.

Hardly going backwards....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back