Australia getting the FIFA World Cup could be a great opportunity for the AFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

Win-win if we get the World Cup. As an AFL fan we know we'll get a couple of brilliant new stadiums out of it and I'm willing to shelve 6 weeks of the year as the game will benefit in the future with the new stadiums and I'm sure the AFL will figure out a reasonable strategy to combat the enforced break.

As a soccer fan we get to witness the greatest tournament in the world and the economy gets a huge boost. Get behind our bid as the World Cup is the pinnacle. Forget the Olympics.

Win-win if we get the World Cup. As an AFL fan we know we'll get a couple of brilliant new stadiums out of it and I'm willing to shelve 6 weeks of the year as the game will benefit in the future with the new stadiums and I'm sure the AFL will figure out a reasonable strategy to combat the enforced break.

As a soccer fan we get to witness the greatest tournament in the world and the economy gets a huge boost. Get behind our bid as the World Cup is the pinnacle. Forget the Olympics.

After reading some of the posts in this thread, I'm trying to figure out why you even want the World Cup.

I agree. I'm really excited about it, even though the actual sport itself bores me to death.

Its more about the event than the game. Its the only sport that almost every single corner of this earth plays or at least recognises and I know so many people that have immigrated here and have lived here for so many years but still follow soccer with a passion.

I agree. I'm really excited about it, even though the actual sport itself bores me to death.

Its more about the event than the game. Its the only sport that almost every single corner of this earth plays or at least recognises and I know so many people that have immigrated here and have lived here for so many years but still follow soccer with a passion.

See, exactly. What are you going to do with the World Cup? Bring it here, so the media can dump on it, the people can hate it, and the govt. can ridicule it?

Makes about as much sense as the Neo-Nazis holding their annual conference in Israel.

Your comments do not reflect that.

If you've got a better way to get on jackmac's nerves, I'd like to here it.

You can't insult a monkey. When it flings shit at you, all you can do it fling shit right back.

If they cannot enjoy soccer then they are missing out. Their choice.

About 99% of the Australian population would fit into that category. So why bring it here?

About 99% of the Australian population would fit into that category. So why bring it here?
That is incorrect. The way Melbourne embraces the Victory is enough to let you know that there is support for soccer. Everyone will jump on when it comes. Will be something sports fans have never experienced before.

That is incorrect. The way Melbourne embraces the Victory is enough to let you know that there is support for soccer. Everyone will jump on when it comes. Will be something sports fans have never experienced before.

Embraces Victory? MVFC get about 22000 to each game, in a city with no competition and almost four million people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And you call yourself a Carlton supporter?

You're a disgrace mate. What are you doing on these boards anyway?

Somebody get onto the chief.:D

He's here to preach the A-league with little success:rolleyes:

His stupidity amaze's me....................

Heck I even saw 4 port players at the soccer tonight. Enjoyed tonight. Always good to have another sport to watch.

Isn't that a bit out of their way?

But back on topic, I do agree that Australia probably won't (and probably shouldn't) get the World Cup. There are so many other nations that are better prepared (and deserving).

Why would I do that? I hardly even like the A-League.

Another lie.

Again check his post History. Melbourne Victory supporter who has his head up GC Utd's arse and anti GC17, praising Perth Glory, promote's the A-league as more exciting then AFL, A-league will be bigger and better then AFL etc, etc, etc, etc, etc

It's all there. Enjoy watching the Victory this season RH as much as you do watching Carlton.;)

Another lie.

Again check his post History. Melbourne Victory supporter who has his head up GC Utd's arse and anti GC17, praising Perth Glory, promote's the A-league as more exciting then AFL, A-league will be bigger and better then AFL etc, etc, etc, etc, etc

It's all there. Enjoy watching the Victory this season RH as much as you do watching Carlton.;)

I support Victory, but I don't like the way the A-League is administrated. Not that you'd know anythign about that.

Your a F****** disgrace mate, an absoloute F****** joke.

I can't believe your humiliating yourself on the internet like you are. Shows how stupid you are.

Why? Because I don't blindly follow Demetriou like you?

I have the capability to support more than one league and code. And just because I follow a club or league, doesn't mean I like the admin.

But anyway, what's it like being a sheep?

I support Victory, but I don't like the way the A-League is administrated. Not that you'd know anythign about that.

Your even more pathetic then I thought-

"Ohhh, I don't even really like the A-league"

"AFL is ok, I don't mind it"

Did you have a change of heart in the last 15 minutes or something, why the big backflip?

Don't try and just bumble and mumble your way through this your only digging yourself a deeper hole. This thread was on topic till you came along goose.

Remove this Banner Ad

Australia getting the FIFA World Cup could be a great opportunity for the AFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back