Australia v India - pre series discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Not surprisingly Warner's offer to make a comeback as a test opener hasn't gone down well.

I wouldn't mind seeing him return myself, it would be hilarious watching him fail and it would keep him away from commentating.

I was thinking this but sooner or later Aus need to blood some younger batsmen. Imo Warner returning is just delaying the inevitable. Uzzie is 37 too, he won't have long left.

I don't think Konstas is any worse of an option than the other 3, the question needs to be is picking him going to potentially hinder his development though in the long run. It is a hell of a gamble, the step up to test level is huge. The step up to facing Bumrah with a new ball is just asking for trouble.

Also think people are being a bit too harsh on Smith, yes he is definitely nearing the end but slightly premature to call him completely cooked. Unbeaten 90* to almost lead us to a win 5 test innings ago. A lean summer and questions need to be asked but i am not writing him off just yet.

Konstas got out repeatedly during the u19 world cup to balls swinging back through the gate, obviously he seems to slightly improved that but I suspect Bumrah would make absolute mince meat of stumps and pads. Probably will do the same to any other alternatives too though to be fair.

Last edited:
Konstas got out repeatedly during the u19 world cup to balls swinging back through the gate, obviously he seems to slightly improved that but I suspect Bumrah would make absolute mince meat of stumps and pads. Probably will do the same to any other alternatives too though to be fair.

At least at 19 he’d learn. We know what Harris/Bancroft/Renshaw are and it’s being poor to below average on a good day. Bancroft at least won’t drop catches like Harris would

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Few more rounds for Konstas to make his case, continue his good form and I wouldn’t be against it. Reckon the A match will have a big say

That I do agree with probably needs a score in the A game then let’s see. I’d probably pick him myself. It’s either him or Inglis and we’d be shuffling around half the top 6 to play Inglis not saying we can’t it’s just that in general we rarely do

That I do agree with probably needs a score in the A game then let’s see. I’d probably pick him myself. It’s either him or Inglis and we’d be shuffling around half the top 6 to play Inglis not saying we can’t it’s just that in general we rarely do
Can’t see how Inglis gets in, I’m not as much on the Head to open bandwagon as I was 12 months ago. Really for Inglis to come in it needs to be in the middle order.

I’d pick Konstas too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Australia v India - pre series discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back