Australia v India - pre series discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Umm no

Still reckon young Konstas is in the frame if they go an opener..tough 40 odd today...selectors like hard runs

bangers wasn't picked when he was in form can't see him picked out of it ..he looks nervous reckon he is done...which is a shame..needs runs fast

Harris is probably the conservative pick and most likely they will go that way which is boring

But I wouldn't mind a left field decision and pick a middle order player in mcsweeney or Inglis in the middle order...both are batting nicely atm... and put marnus up the top
Need SA to give JFM a solid run at 5-6 too. Won’t help this summer but could pay dividends in a few years.

Umm no

Still reckon young Konstas is in the frame if they go an opener..tough 40 odd today...selectors like hard runs

bangers wasn't picked when he was in form can't see him picked out of it ..he looks nervous reckon he is done...which is a shame..needs runs fast

Harris is probably the conservative pick and most likely they will go that way which is boring

But I wouldn't mind a left field decision and pick a middle order player in mcsweeney or Inglis in the middle order...both are batting nicely atm... and put marnus up the top

Wish he went on and made 70 odd annoying he only made 40 ish.

Wish he went on and made 70 odd annoying he only made 40 ish.
yeah still a good innings in tough conditions with Boland running rampant....selectors will judge that more than making a ton on a flat deck

great to see from the young fella ..and he has a big future ahead of him

and on a side note ...great to see josh Phillipe score runs ....thats two 50s already...amazing what a change of scenery can do....still a jet

Just made a golden at district level. And with a first class red ball average of less than twenty I doubt they will be in a rush to put him back in.
A recent chunk of that being played as an opener, which he isn’t. Not saying he’s set the world on fire red ball wise, but feel a decent run at 5-6 might be what he needs. Surely SA don’t really need Lehmann

Looks frustrated Westie, which worries me. Worrying number of players out of form currently.

Yeah the top order worries me Jim

ussie is getting on
Marnus thinks he is Denis Lillee with the ball atm
Smudge playing soccer
Green dog injured
Head....okay
Mitch...wants to smash everything

Carey going great guns with the bat atm.....thats a positive

Going to be an interesting series

ussie is getting on
Smudge playing soccer
Green dog injured
Head....okay

Can’t disagree with any of that. Ussie has 18 months left max, Smith too, Mitch also in a similar boat (loving his McConnasance), Green will be back but a big loss, Head is great when he can get in - not ever going to be consistent.

We need 2-3 bats coming in soonish, and 2 -3 bowlers too. Bowlers in less concerned but still need them to play.

ussie is getting on
Smudge playing soccer
Green dog injured
Head....okay

Not really my place to say as a ‘non fan’ but probably the concerning thing about that analysis is that the most reliable player in that line up who isn’t probably on the verge of retirement (Usman), ALSO believes he has to smash everything in order to play his role in the side which he really doesn’t as he was just as good before he started playing that way as he was after it.

I’ll give Travis his due, he has played 2-3 genuinely momentum shifting knocks with his borderline England-esque approach but he really didn’t need to change what he was doing, and the downside of it has been that he’s had a couple of shockers at crucial times as well.

Dunno if this has been suggested anywhere but at the moment our in form Shield bats are Carey and Inglis. Carey can ditch the gloves and open the batting, reckon he’d become our best bat if he did this, has the technique for it. Inglis in at 7 while he’s in the form of his life.

If not that I don’t mind the idea of Marnus opening or bringing in McSweeney to do so.

Dunno if this has been suggested anywhere but at the moment our in form Shield bats are Carey and Inglis. Carey can ditch the gloves and open the batting, reckon he’d become our best bat if he did this, has the technique for it. Inglis in at 7 while he’s in the form of his life.

If not that I don’t mind the idea of Marnus opening or bringing in McSweeney to do so.
Love the boldness dude...but you are not going to see carey....open....smashing it down the order leave him there

but you are right both carey and Inglis ..killing it in the shield atm good to see

reckon Inglis is a smokie for the Sri Lankan tour to play as a batter in the middle order due to his ability against spin....one if not the best player of spin in the country IMO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah still a good innings in tough conditions with Boland running rampant....selectors will judge that more than making a ton on a flat deck

great to see from the young fella ..and he has a big future ahead of him

and on a side note ...great to see josh Phillipe score runs ....thats two 50s already...amazing what a change of scenery can do....still a jet

NSW will need Phillipe because it’s sure as anything cooked Henriques or Gilkes if he comes back offer squat

I hope Australia is bold and go Konstas we know what the average trio are (Bancroft, Harris and Renshaw), all are versions of average on a very good day

ussie is getting on
Smudge playing soccer
Green dog injured
Head....okay

Wonder if this is a reason why...

If Marnus bowls over 135km then he wins the bet with Fletch

Love the boldness dude...but you are not going to see carey....open....smashing it down the order leave him there

but you are right both carey and Inglis ..killing it in the shield atm good to see

reckon Inglis is a smokie for the Sri Lankan tour to play as a batter in the middle order due to his ability against spin....one if not the best player of spin in the country IMO

I just see a lot more potential with the bat with Carey, even moving him up to 5 or 6. Without the burden of keeping he could have a Sangakarra like improvement. Just looks so good with the bat.

Wouldn't mind seeing Neser for Green at 7, and Carey at 6.
No opener though so can't happen now

No thank you. Carey is not Gilchrist with the bat (neither is Inglis) to play less bats. We have no issue bowling sides out we have issues scoring runs how about we play 6 bats, keeper and 4 bowlers simple and done

Remove this Banner Ad

Australia v India - pre series discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back