Australian Basketball. Where to from here?

Remove this Banner Ad

Cowan got screwed, but shouldn't have been plaing side ball with Seamus.

I was all ready to volunteer my team to be the Victorian team as well.... oh well.

Aus ball has a LOT of work to do.

For a game with such high youth participation, it's dead in the water at the moment.

The Adelaide 36ers vs. Wall - E All Stars at Albert Park :D - Crowd = Mum's Dad's and a few mates. Isn't that the NBL now? :(

Haha we do play on the Albert Park showcourt already so we've got the home court advantage!

Wouldn't be too embarrasing losing 12-187 would it?

You could always come out before hand and say playing the Adelaide 36ers would be like playing a ‘dream final’ No one ever gets smashed after proclaiming that a game to be there ‘dream final’

Implement the Chad Cornes theory of avoiding embarrassing losses

http://www.sportsentral.com/pro/main/storyreader.aspx?sid=11692&sr=all

South Dragons co-owner and chairman Mark Cowan has fought back tears after admitting his club is on the verge of extinction just ten weeks after celebrating its first NBL title.

Cowan re-affirmed on Friday that South would not be seeking to join the new elite men's basketball competition this season and maintained the league needed further reform to become viable.

I was down in Sale last night and Rhys Carter of all people was working behind the bar we were at! He has had offers from Adelaide and one other team but he is looking at going over to Sweden. I think a lot of those mid-range players will be doing the same next season.

Melbourne Victory linked as a second team in Melbourne. I must say, after just coming back from Barcelona and seeing BarcelonaFC has its own Basketball, Handball, Fusball team etc, it works amazing over there why cant Melbourne Victory branch out into other sports?

http://www.melbournevictory.net/forum/showthread.php?t=53390

Some Victory fans thoughts.

God, I read some of them saying "yay we can throw coins now" or "Euro style chants at Basketball cool" and Im having seconds thoughts, those 2 activites are not Basketball in Australia.

Chanting I can handle, but the stigma football has in this country with flares etc that still exists no matter how well the A-League is doing, I dont want to see dragged into the NBL.

those 2 activites are not Basketball in Australia.

Chanting I can handle, but the stigma football has in this country with flares etc that still exists no matter how well the A-League is doing, I dont want to see dragged into the NBL.

Stiff shit....if we get our team in, it will happen...

http://www.melbournevictory.net/forum/showthread.php?t=53390

Some Victory fans thoughts.

God, I read some of them saying "yay we can throw coins now" or "Euro style chants at Basketball cool" and Im having seconds thoughts, those 2 activites are not Basketball in Australia.

hahaha throwing coins? it happens more in bball (euro) than in the a-league doesnt it?

im not sure chanting will take off in bball.

what is "basketball in australia"? is it a laughable comp whereby the league falls over played in front of 2 men and his dog?

**** i hate Seamus McCheat.

NBL in Australia is lost on me forever if the Tigers is the only Melbourne team in the comp. Have grown up hating them with a passion and what they've done in the last week has only further emphasised this. They are just a **** of an organisation.

hahaha throwing coins? it happens more in bball (euro) than in the a-league doesnt it?

im not sure chanting will take off in bball.

what is "basketball in australia"? is it a laughable comp whereby the league falls over played in front of 2 men and his dog?

throwing coins is a euro thing in basketball yes, its not an australian thing. theyre just importing a european mentality is what im saying.

basketball in australia is a family-friendly atmosphere where you should be able to take your kids along and not expect to see coins thrown or flares, it always has been and it should remain that way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

throwing coins is a euro thing in basketball yes, its not an australian thing. theyre just importing a european mentality is what im saying.

basketball in australia is a family-friendly atmosphere where you should be able to take your kids along and not expect to see coins thrown or flares, it always has been and it should remain that way.

i agree, dont wanna see throwing of coins etc here.

whilst we're at it can we ban those who attend from saying "dee-fence" (american way)

Well we've released Rillie and Egan. Be interesting to see how the rosters shape up.

Depending on what you read he's rated a second round pick to not being drafted, although most expect him to go number 70 - 90.
Found that gem re: Ingles on the Victory forum from the guy who is positioning himself as a basketball expert.

Sounds good to me.

6a.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Australian Basketball. Where to from here?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back