Australian basketball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cooks v Kay is a tough one to me.

Kay is obviously the better shooter and stronger down low, but his cement boots were exploited way too easily at the world cup. And when you already have Giddey, Mills and probably Ingles playing big minutes, can you afford another defensive liability?

Cooks lets us play up tempo, which was when we looked out best last year. Can't shoot and not strong enough on the block.

If Jack White were an inch taller, this wouldn't even be a problem, but he's not.

I think they'll only take 1 out of McVeigh and Goulding. Who we going with??
I think we need both. Our lack of shooting is noticeable.

Pretty much at the end of the 3rd watching the replay - my 12 remains unchanged at this stage - without knowing if they check in during the last I think it’s safe to assume DJ and White are already cut, and I’m still not exactly a fan of Cooks fit, so that leaves 2 to cut - Delly and Kay. And tbh, I wouldn’t be upset at all if we took them over Daniels and Magnay.

A little from column A, a little from column B. I’m honestly less sold on some of the guys who will be getting big roles at this current stage and whether they should have them.

… Specifically Giddey and Mills.

A little from column A, a little from column B. I’m honestly less sold on some of the guys who will be getting big roles at this current stage and whether they should have them.

… Specifically Giddey and Mills.

Yep, they are 2 of many that fit into the flawed category for me right now.

Patty is obviously an all-time legend. It goes without saying. But 2024 Patty is not going to Paris based on playing ability.
Hoping he finds his shooting touch because we are desperate for some in the 1-3 spots.
I agree with your earlier post that we need Goulding.

Daniels pretty good last quarter, probably enough to see him keep his spot. Sorry Delly, you’re a warrior.
Yeah he mightve saved himself with that last quarter. Was invisible before that tho
Ingles, who I thought was past it was our best most creative passer.
Patty mills was bad..really bad. He'll go tho so hopefully he can start hitting shots
Both goulding and mcveigh should go. Before this series I didn't think either should.
Unsure on magnay. They looked for him a bit,usually in heaps of traffic. He doesn't seem a very clean ,one touch player but he also wasn't set up great. Can't hurt to have another big body to throw around tho
Can't wait for rocco to be ready

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

For me I'd def be cutting Magnay Cooks White and DJ. The last one to cut is really really really tough but ptob Goulding as Mills can hopefully come off the bench and play the Goulding role.

For me I'd def be cutting Magnay Cooks White and DJ. The last one to cut is really really really tough but ptob Goulding as Mills can hopefully come off the bench and play the Goulding role.
If mills makes it , hopefully its not one olympics too many . Like in afl sometimes veterans play one year too many

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fox Sports take on the squad. Reading this article they feel there are 7 locks:
Giddey
Mills
Landale
Reath
Green
Exum
Thyblle

Then based on how they discussed the remaining ten members of the squad.
Likely:
Daniels
Ingles
Dellavedova

2 from:
McVeigh
Goulding
Kay
Magney
Cooks

Longshots
Vasiljevic
White

Last edited:

Giddey
Mills
Handle
Reath
Green
Scum
Humble

Likely:
Daniels
Ingles
Dellavedova

2 from:
McVeigh
Goulding
Kay
Magney
Cooks

Longshots
Vasiljevic
White
Dellavedova likely is an interesting take that probably leaves us looking a bit small based on the other selections.

Slovenia beat New Zealand by 26, which at the very least wasn’t enough to avoid an early encounter with Greece in the semis.

That game probably decides who is in our group, but the winner will still have to go through Croatia/Dominican Republic.

As for the other team that ends up in our group I’d say it’s still likely to be Spain, with the Bahamas a bit of a smoky. Semis over there are Bahamas/Lebanon and Spain/Finland.

Giddey
Mills
Handle
Reath
Green
Scum
Humble

Likely:
Daniels
Ingles
Dellavedova

2 from:
McVeigh
Goulding
Kay
Magney
Cooks

Longshots
Vasiljevic
White

I see no reason to take both Delly and Daniels.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back