Australian basketball.

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve watched the first half so far, thoughts -

Commentators - enough said, wtf.

Kay is playing way too many minutes. Him and Magnay playing more minutes than Reath is bizarre, although Magnay has been good.

Giddey and Landale connection is good.

Mills is cooked.

I’ve watched the first half so far, thoughts -

Commentators - enough said, wtf.

Kay is playing way too many minutes. Him and Magnay playing more minutes than Reath is bizarre, although Magnay has been good.

Giddey and Landale connection is good.

Mills is cooked.

Social media is ALIGHT with confused comments surrounding Reaths non playing.

You said commentators - enough said. I dont think you said enough. What happened?

Social media is ALIGHT with confused comments surrounding Reaths non playing.

You said commentators - enough said. I dont think you said enough. What happened?
Will Magnay plays for the Gold Coast Rollers.

Reath not even stepping on the court in the 2nd half… Bizarre. Kay playing bulk minutes in 2024 is a… decision. Not that he was bad, but still a strange decision.

Giddey and Landale were comfortably our best. Scoreline flattered us.

Reath not even stepping on the court in the 2nd half… Bizarre. Kay playing bulk minutes in 2024 is a… decision. Not that he was bad, but still a strange decision.

Giddey and Landale were comfortably our best. Scoreline flattered us.

I like Kay, but there are better options.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Odd considering the impact he can have for Portland at times. He mustve had a really bad training camp, or has some niggles and needs rest

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app
In the one game he played against China he was our best player.

Patty Mills might need to be cut from the rotation altogether as harsh as it sounds. Needs to find his groove quick smart.

Managed to watch the game just now. We were getting blown out at half time but our ability to score at will inside made the scoreline respectable in the end.

Big issue is our backcourt currently have no ability to score in the midrange or from 3 (4-18) and need to improve in that area before the Olympics to be competitive. Mills was 2-8, Giddey 7-18, Exum 2-8. Daniels was the only backcourt player who could make shots at 6-8. The rest of the role players were elite at cutting to the rim and rebounding. Backcourt needs to start practising otherwise teams will just pack the paint and then its an autoloss for the team.

Last edited:
Will Magnay plays for the Gold Coast Rollers.

Tbf to those horrid commentators, Magnay did sign to play with them in the NBL1 this offseason, so they probably got that information as his last team.

Thought he was ok, at least he has the athleticism and willingness to challenge and bang at the rim.

Goorj is still a South Sudanist, it’s infuriating. If that lack of playing time continues, I’d almost support Reath walking out.

Thought Daniels was much better, which pleased me, as I was skeptical of his inclusion. McVeigh is just a competitive animal and willing to get dirty, probably didn’t get the space he was accustomed to on offense but still found ways to get involved.

Patty, hmmm. It’s going to be one hell of a turnaround if he starts firing but I’m massively doubtful.

We made four 3’s for the game, that’s abysmal. We have nobody who can get a shot up quick, other than Patty and he can’t throw it on the ocean from a boat. Every other player hesitates when they get a look from 3, it kills us.

All in all, it was better than I expected, especially when we were getting pummeled. And all hail Nick Kay, getting up and stuffing one.

The fact that we only lost by 6 despite some of the coaching decisions is positive I guess.

Why is Goorjian even coaching.. a blind man’s dog can see the moves his making are fundamentally wrong.. is it really a good long term decision to alienate NBA players.. I hope they don’t start boycotting our program..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Australian basketball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back