Australian basketball.

Remove this Banner Ad

I get that Reath might not be his first choice option. But he didn’t play the second game against China, 4 minutes against the US and DNP today.

Why pick him? If you knew you weren’t going to play him, don’t waste his time. It may change in upcoming games but based on history, I doubt it.
And he was pretty much BOG in the first China game. Just doesn’t make sense.

And he was pretty much BOG in the first China game. Just doesn’t make sense.
I saw on another forum, someone said a journo was deciding whether to run a story about one player being very unpopular with the squad.

Wonder if there’s anything in it, probably not but trying to make sense of it.

I saw on another forum, someone said a journo was deciding whether to run a story about one player being very unpopular with the squad.

Wonder if there’s anything in it, probably not but trying to make sense of it.
TBF, it all makes about as much sense as Thybulle being rested for the second China game when he was supposedly on the fringe.

As an aside, apparently Matisse had started vlogging again before he got cut. So that’s another thing we missed out on.

TBF, it all makes about as much sense as Thybulle being rested for the second China game when he was supposedly on the fringe.

As an aside, apparently Matisse had started vlogging again before he got cut. So that’s another thing we missed out on.

Maybe the coach has a problem with the Portland Trailblazers… Duop and Matisse both with the Blazers..
Did Goorj ever have a run in with Clyde Drexler.. I’m not sure.. It’s the only explanation I can come up with..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Maybe the coach has a problem with the Portland Trailblazers… Duop and Matisse both with the Blazers..
Did Goorj ever have a run in with Clyde Drexler.. I’m not sure.. It’s the only explanation I can come up with..

Goorj is a product of Pepperdine. Peppers are in the same conference as the University of Portland.

Furphy will take over seamlessly from Ingles next tournament
Future looking bright

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

He’s got attributes that Ingles dreams of having.. He’s got amazing hops..He and Giddey would complement each other nicely.. Furphy seems to be want the ball in end of game situation, unlike our other athletic types like Green and Daniels.. I like what I see in Furphy.. Why did he drop out of the first round?? Seems easily a first round talent …

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s got attributes that Ingles dreams of having.. He’s got amazing hops..He and Giddey would complement each other nicely.. Furphy seems to be want the ball in end of game situation, unlike our other athletic types like Green and Daniels.. I like what I see in Furphy.. Why did he drop out of the first round?? Seems easily a first round talent …

It was a reasonably late rise up the rankings, it was a weak draft but I guess he was still a relatively unknown.
Definitely think he'll justify the predraft rankings. More offensive nous than say a green or daniels

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ben simmons attitude may have affected on clubs choosing aussies

Inb4 giddey and daniels high pick

The fact that we only lost by 6 despite some of the coaching decisions is positive I guess.
I reckon only going down by 6 to this USA team is a massive positive full stop.

More negativity in here than I was expecting after catching up on those 2 games. Practice matches or not, I thought we'd get blown out in both, team composition/coaching aside really good efforts I thought. We look manic defensively, would have been nice to see Matisse flying around in there disrupting and getting deflections :rolleyes:

Interesting to see if we can maintain the same heat once the real stuff starts. FIBA Patty might not be dead and buried just yet, lucky coz boy oh boy do we need him to hit some 3s.

I join just about everyone else on not playing Reath, wtf is going on :drunk:

Will he get minutes at Indiana ??
Can he crack the starting 5, alongside Halliburton?? Pretty nice line up the Pacers..

Good question. I’m gonna say no. Too many guards and wings already in Indy

The thing I like about him, is that he’s fearless. Attacks the rim without thinking, crashes the glass, just doesn’t give a ****.

You know who else is fearless?

IMG_8041.JPG

Good question. I’m gonna say no. Too many guards and wings already in Indy

You know who else is fearless?

View attachment 2051211

Very interesting seasons for our aussies in the NBA next year.. Giddey will be the main guy at the Bulls. Green at the Hornets will be a big player, Simmons plays a full year or he mightn’t be in the NBA the following year.. Sounds like some good talent coming through as well..
Will certainly be a very different boomers after Paris, from the top down..

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Australian basketball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back