Australian basketball.

Remove this Banner Ad

I love goorj.

Paddy has a flame thrower.. sub him off with 6 minutes to go in the 1st half.

Meanwhile every other team plays their star to the last couple of minutes for a rest.

Not goorjjjj

Yep, you should never take a player off when he is as hot as Paddy was. Bad error by the coach, the game slowed down for Australia right at that very point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the end, did Landale fouling out cost us the win? Jokic essentially won them the game in OT and I would've thought Jock would do better on him than Reath did.

Ended up 1-3 for the tournament, don't deserve to feel too sorry for ourselves to be honest.

Poor coaching and loose handles the story for mine
Not sorry for ourselves. Just calling it how I see it.

Well, Boomers career over for Mills, Delly, Ingles and Kay. Hopefully we replace them with Furphy, Matisse and two more 2/3's

World Cup isn’t until 2027 but… 🤷🏻‍♂️

Giddey/Mills*
Exum/Green
Daniels/Furphy/Thybulle*
Reath/McVeigh
Landale/Zikarsky/Magnay*

Bizarrely I’m confident the 9 I don’t have asterisks next to will be there. Mills obviously (well, maybe not obviously given his FIBA GOAT status but…) won’t be there, but that spot is a raffle as it stands so he gets a juicy Joe Ingles role. Magnay is 100% surplus to needs with Rocco but again, idk who to bring in so I’ll leave the incumbent. Who knows if Thybulle wants a bar of us anymore.

Names to watch are probably Toohey, Travers, Ducas, Proctor, Armstrong, Siulepa, Daniels v2. Might be forgetting someone else. Ben Simmons anyone

Last edited:

Giddey/Mills*
Exum/Green
Daniels/Furphy/Thybulle*
Reath/McVeigh
Landale/Zikarsky/Magnay*

Bizarrely I’m confident the 9 I don’t have asterisks next to will be there. Mills obviously (well, maybe not obviously given his FIBA GOAT status but…) won’t be there, but that spot is a raffle as it stands so he gets a juicy Joe Ingles role. Magnay is 100% surplus to needs with Rocco but again, idk who to bring in so I’ll leave the incumbent. Who knows if Thybulle wants a bar of us anymore.

Names to watch are probably Toohey, Travers, Ducas, Proctor, Armstrong, Siulepa, Daniels v2. Might be forgetting someone else.
Who knows someone out of the wilderness may pop up. It's still exciting as majority of the boomers team is young.

Giddey/Mills*
Exum/Green
Daniels/Furphy/Thybulle*
Reath/McVeigh
Landale/Zikarsky/Magnay*

Names to watch are probably Toohey, Travers, Ducas, Proctor, Armstrong, Siulepa, Daniels v2. Might be forgetting someone else. Ben Simmons anyone
I'd go:

Giddey/Daniels
Exum/Furphy
Green/McVeigh/???
Thybulle/Magnay/Zikarsky
Landale/Reath

I don't mind going in with 2 point/5 wing/5 bigs approach.
watch the replay.
Yeah I ain't doing that

Frustrating watch that one.

Goorj was terrible, but that was a given.

FIBA Patty rolled back the clock, then fell into the trap of trying to do it all on his own.

Giddey our best player and our worst player - he has so much potential but desperately needs to tighten up his handle and choose better times to go for the miracle pass. I guess that's what happens when you hand over the keys of the team to a 21 year old who's not a finished product.

Couple of good reads. Replacing Patty is an impossible task - could really use Proctor becoming the guy we thought he’d become 3 years ago.

Not sure how they didn't get sets running for McVeigh. He just camped in the corner with hands up waiting for a pass. Really bad coaching the whole tournament. Terrible in fact.

Patty as much good he did, he did even worse stuff. Giddey needs to tighten up the passing.

Couple of good reads. Replacing Patty is an impossible task - could really use Proctor becoming the guy we thought he’d become 3 years ago.

Not sure I'm on the same page with the coaching article.

Remove this Banner Ad

Australian basketball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back