Australian basketball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cheers Goorj. You've been a great coach but a little past your time now. Will always thank you for your part in 2021

I'd go:

Giddey/Daniels
Exum/Furphy
Green/McVeigh/???
Thybulle/Magnay/Zikarsky
Landale/Reath

I don't mind going in with 2 point/5 wing/5 bigs approach.

Yeah I ain't doing that
I think Alex Toohey will make the team and probably Dash Daniels would be likely to make the team by the next Olympics in my opinion ahead of Thybulle and Magnay. Furphy can play 3/4 if he adds muscle as can McVeigh. Roman Siulepa is a very interesting prospect at the 3/4 if he can improve his 3 point shot. He's now 200cm but with a longer wingspan and he's still growing. I have high hopes Zikarsky will end up being a top 10 pick in a very good draft class. He's currently around 20 in most mocks. Alex Condon is also a potential big that should be drafted this year with a chance he's a lottery pick. I think he's also a very good chance to make the next Olympic team.

Id go massive changes with:
Giddey, Dyson and Dash Daniels
Exum, Green
Toohey, Furphy,
Siulepa, McVeigh
Landale, Zikarsky, Condon,

If anyone wants a wildcard for mine it would be 7-1 Sa Pilimai who's come on strong in the last 12 months with the NBA Global Academy. So he'll be 21 at the next Olympics.

My tip is that Siulepa is the player that exceeds expectations.

Last edited:

Ben Simmons anyone
I know his name is mud at present, but if and it is a massive IF... if he can put together a couple of decent years I absolutely expect him to play the next Olympics.
I have always felt that he was as close as could be to a lock for LA... because it is in LA basically.

That said his back could be well and truely knacked now and it might just be the great wasted talent... lot's of time though, he might be bounced out of the NBA next year and if he is playing somewhere in Europe and well he will want to do well in an Olympics to show he can still play.

I am absolutely aware there is lots and lots of water to go under the bridge in this regard, and as a % chance it all coming together and happening is at the lower end of the scale

Had Thybulle made the squad and Duop played more we would have won more than 1 game - what was the point of Joe and Delly?

Xavier Cooks would have been handy too as he wouldn't turn it over as much as Giddey did

Stlll be interesting to see who the new coach is and and how we line up in 4 years

Last edited:
Had Thybulle made the squad and Duop played more we would have won more than 1 game - what was the point of Joe and Delly?

Xavier Cooks would have been handy too as he wouldn't turn it over as much as Giddey did

Stll beinteresting to see who the new coach is and and how we line up in 4 years
Such a weird callout.

Cooks wouldn't have been able to turn it over much because we would have been stuck in the Reath, Ingles situation riding the pine for the majority of the time anyways.

Not sure I'm on the same page with the coaching article.
I like the idea of Roth tbh. But yeah I don’t necessarily think we need to gut the roster and go full youth.

The moment Thybulle was left off this Olympics team our quest for a medal was doomed. One of the best defenders in the world should never be left off the Boomers. He was a top 3 player for us when we medaled in Japan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never understood the inclusion of Ingles but to then have him ride the pine for basically the entire tournament (except for 2 mins) was mind boggling.

If you take Matisse over him at least you can put him in for defensive purposes only
They talked up his off court work.... then put him on the bloody staff......

Onya Opals!! 🥉

Prior to the tournament I wasn't super high on our medal chances. When we lost Allen on the eve of the games I was even less confident. And after that Nigeria ambush to open the tournament ... yeesh! Even the first win vs Canada was more like the slightly less maimed participant in a cripple fight.
Huge effort to bounce back from there and get this done.

GUsuiVqbcAAKbjn.jpg

No! Mo medal for you, Belgium!

Onya Opals!! 🥉

Prior to the tournament I wasn't super high on our medal chances. When we lost Allen on the eve of the games I was even less confident. And after that Nigeria ambush to open the tournament ... yeesh! Even the first win vs Canada was more like the slightly less maimed participant in a cripple fight.
Huge effort to bounce back from there and get this done.

GUsuiVqbcAAKbjn.jpg

No! Mo medal for you, Belgium!
Lauren Jackson's fifth Olympic medal.

Hey guys. Looking for interest for an NBA redraft. Let me know if youre interested. Sending invites now

Remove this Banner Ad

Australian basketball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back