Australian Fans - Get Ready For The Free Fall

Remove this Banner Ad

We've just seen the confirmation that Australian cricket is about to enter into a free fall to the depths as experienced back in the late 80s. Not only have we lost top spot in the rankings but the fact that we were unable to defend such a high total with the young bowlers available to us paints a very grim picture of what is to come in the next few years.

We're now seeing finger pointing as was the case with the Poms during their Ashes demise and injuries to some star players are exposing some very disturbing weaknesses in our stocks.

I'll be honest with you - I thought Tait, Johnson and White, just to name a few, could cut it at the top but I have my doubts now. The fact is, we don't have any stand out bowlers coming through the ranks. Only one player that impressed me this summer was Stewy Clark, but he was dumped for the ODI's and for what?! I'm so glad he continued his awesome form in the domestic comp and stuck it up the selectors.

In terms of batsmen, apart from Punter, Mr Cricket and Hodge, all over 30, no one else stands out to me. Our other current greats in Gilly, Hayds and Roy are all nearing the final years of their careers too.

So, whether it be bowling or batting, no one in the domestic arena is really floating my boat.

On a side note, IMO, the selectors are preferring to keep players in the team based on reputation rather than form and Gilly is a classic example of this. Don't get me wrong, I love the guy, but he isn't pulling his weight therefore why is he in the team? Pup is another.

So get ready folks! Parachutes won't be required. I hope not but I can't see anyone stopping what is going to be a dramatic demise.

dramatic...who are you kidding!!!!!

it's called a production line mate.

99 world cup, 03 world cup, 07 world cup..a transition from the waugh brothers, warnie, lehmann, bevan, martyn, fleming etc etc.

i'm guessing it won't be long before someone else comes along and produces.

dramatic...who are you kidding!!!!!

it's called a production line mate.

99 world cup, 03 world cup, 07 world cup..a transition from the waugh brothers, warnie, lehmann, bevan, martyn, fleming etc etc.

i'm guessing it won't be long before someone else comes along and produces.

Now the Saffies and Poms will be saying, "Once Ponting goes, you guys are done and dusted. A freefall infact where I predict Australia will end up like the West Indies, bla bla bla blaaaaaaaaa."

:D

Great thing about so many wc wins in a row is for each new wc you get half a squad who are wc winners and the other half are hungry to get a taste.

The reserves from 03 like bracken are the stars of the 07 wc.

good point frank

johnson, haddin and hodge will probably play at the next wc...maybe even clark?

We've just seen the confirmation that Australian cricket is about to enter into a free fall to the depths as experienced back in the late 80s. Not only have we lost top spot in the rankings but the fact that we were unable to defend such a high total with the young bowlers available to us paints a very grim picture of what is to come in the next few years.

We're now seeing finger pointing as was the case with the Poms during their Ashes demise and injuries to some star players are exposing some very disturbing weaknesses in our stocks.

I'll be honest with you - I thought Tait, Johnson and White, just to name a few, could cut it at the top but I have my doubts now. The fact is, we don't have any stand out bowlers coming through the ranks. Only one player that impressed me this summer was Stewy Clark, but he was dumped for the ODI's and for what?! I'm so glad he continued his awesome form in the domestic comp and stuck it up the selectors.

In terms of batsmen, apart from Punter, Mr Cricket and Hodge, all over 30, no one else stands out to me. Our other current greats in Gilly, Hayds and Roy are all nearing the final years of their careers too.

So, whether it be bowling or batting, no one in the domestic arena is really floating my boat.

On a side note, IMO, the selectors are preferring to keep players in the team based on reputation rather than form and Gilly is a classic example of this. Don't get me wrong, I love the guy, but he isn't pulling his weight therefore why is he in the team? Pup is another.

So get ready folks! Parachutes won't be required. I hope not but I can't see anyone stopping what is going to be a dramatic demise.

Your stupidity masks your ignorance.

No doubt the Australian side will not be as dominant without Warne and McGrath, however we do have a reasonable amount of depth in bowling and have many options on the batting front.

Of course we won't be the all time great team we were with warne/mcgrath.

But last time i looked mcgrath and warne aren't moving to another team. we aren't up against australia from 95-2007 we are playing the other teams in world cricket and it's like any of them are looking in better shape than we are.

The english go on about dads army but you know what if i was them i would be more worried if my up and coming bowlers were mahmood and plunkett.

Remove this Banner Ad

Australian Fans - Get Ready For The Free Fall

Remove this Banner Ad

Back