Workshop Australian Flag

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry to barge in but I Seen this yesterday and thinks it's fantastic..apologiesif it's already been posted earlierView attachment 209721
still think just remove union jack and move the larger star up in its place. or euraka flag

images%2Farticle%2F2016%2F01%2F26%2FbJ1GHn1.png

Was actually having a discussion about this yesterday with mates about what our flag would be if we became a republic.

We agreed on keeping the flag but moving the Federation Star up so it's centred and colouring it gold. I think the Obsidian/Gold colour combo is very classy and is quite Australian. Very similar to what maggotz posted in this thread aaaaaages ago but without the star so high.

Was actually having a discussion about this yesterday with mates about what our flag would be if we became a republic.

We agreed on keeping the flag but moving the Federation Star up so it's centred and colouring it gold. I think the Obsidian/Gold colour combo is very classy and is quite Australian. Very similar to what maggotz posted in this thread aaaaaages ago but without the star so high.
The Australian flag is more royal, than it is obsidian.

The eureka flag is so damn good looking...

But will never become the Australian flag as it has too much history behind it to represent all of Australia.

The Southern Horizon is my current preference of all designs as it is ethnically neutral, features colours that both have history (the blue) and are recognisably Australian (green and gold) as well as keeping the federation star and southern cross, and as some have put on other sites (which I tend to agree with) it looks good alongside the Torres Strait and Aboriginal flags.

10750277_330317630506855_2681209448856696185_o.jpg

And would not look out of place with the potential new New Zealand Flag

11187449_394458254092792_5681687102118142946_o.png

But will never become the Australian flag as it has too much history behind it to represent all of Australia.

The Southern Horizon is my current preference of all designs as it is ethnically neutral, features colours that both have history (the blue) and are recognisably Australian (green and gold) as well as keeping the federation star and southern cross, and as some have put on other sites (which I tend to agree with) it looks good alongside the Torres Strait and Aboriginal flags.

No.
It is disgusting and looks as the some toffy nosed scum designed it to (as you put it) be neutral.

Drop the green and gold and it could be a winner.

The TI and red black and yellow flag should never be flown next to the Australian flag anyway, they are after all non State Flags.

Also the collingwood logo is still against the law the flag the way it sits does not have the canton up against the flag pole.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like the sporting flag best, tough it probably needs a couple changes.
The wattle flag looks nice and professional, but in all the photos on their website, it doesn't look like it'd represent Australia too well, more like one of the pacific islands.

The Southern horizon probably shouts Australian the most, I'd cop it as a new flag.

And would not look out of place with the potential new New Zealand Flag

11187449_394458254092792_5681687102118142946_o.png
the green and gold together with the blue and white imo is a massive eyesore. colours just dont go

No.
It is disgusting and looks as the some toffy nosed scum designed it to (as you put it) be neutral.

Drop the green and gold and it could be a winner.

The TI and red black and yellow flag should never be flown next to the Australian flag anyway, they are after all non State Flags.

Also the collingwood logo is still against the law the flag the way it sits does not have the canton up against the flag pole.

Each to their own, I used to prefer a blue, red and white design, but this one just resonated with me and with many people it seems.

Without the green and gold it will be too plain.

the green and gold together with the blue and white imo is a massive eyesore. colours just dont go

For me the colours actually do work together.

so if this whole changing of the flag thing is going to happen when will it be ?

No discussion has really been held recently so there is no timetable in place. It may kick up a notch though if NZ decide to change their flag which might actually happen as some of the latest polls are seeing a trend towards the silver fern winning (between 52% and 57% in favour of changing).

so if this whole changing of the flag thing is going to happen when will it be ?

It's an ongoing thing like the republic.
It always comes up when thr Government or higher fabric of life get bored listening to the everyday Australian.

My Grandfather, Uncle and Cousin have all been to an overseas conflict for us under the flag we have and i don't want it changed at all but if it does i want it to maintain some semblance of what it was.

If the Southern Horizon had green and gold stripes at the bottom instead of the wavy stuff I could see myself being okay with it being the Australian flag. The one below it is good. The rest are pretty eh though.
I don't think just stripes would look as good.
plus, the wavy stuff has some kind of meaning about it, something like our beaches and hills or whatever.

The one below (sporting flag) is alright, but I reckon changing the shades a little, and fixing the southern cross so it doesn't look slapped on.

I'd also like to point out a flag looks way better when displayed like this
0,,18917700_303,00.jpg

than this
6948528-3x2-940x627.jpg

I quite like the top one, but not the bottom, even though they are the same, so forming an opinion on the more animated ones is probably the wrong way to go about it, seeing them properly can change your perspective on it.

I'd also like to point out a flag looks way better when displayed like this
0,,18917700_303,00.jpg

than this
6948528-3x2-940x627.jpg

I quite like the top one, but not the bottom, even though they are the same, so forming an opinion on the more animated ones is probably the wrong way to go about it, seeing them properly can change your perspective on it.

Yeah exactly, digital vs real makes a massive difference. Like the below, it isn't the best video but it gives a better perspective of the Southern Horizon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Workshop Australian Flag

Remove this Banner Ad

Back