Australian Idol 2005 - Official thread

Remove this Banner Ad

ant said:
Kate wasn't my choice, but congratulations to her and good luck.

Having said that, it's a bit of an indictment on the standard of this season's competition that someone who couldn't even crack the top 100 in two previous attempts, actually won the whole thing this year.

Quite humourous IMO.

What a load, it's more of an example that people can get better at what they do if they try hard enough.

Dunno about the racist overtones. i think she thinks she and emily are from the ghetto......which they ARE NOT! My god, they would be laughed at in the States.

They'd be laughed at in The Block, Redfern, and parts of Cabramatta, Salisbury North, Elizabeth and so on as well.

Good on Kate, I'm glad she won - she should make a pretty good CD, and is mature enough to deal with the media pressures that will no doubt come along with it.

Interesting quote from Emily today, taking about coming runner-up, and following in the footsteps of Noll and Callea...

"Those guys have paved the way for me. They said if you come second it doesn't matter, it doesn't mean crap because you can sell just as many records and they are right."
Sounds a bit disrespectful to me, maybe I'm reading it wrong... :eek:

You know what? I really don’t even mind if she taste a dose of temporary success because once everyone is over with her it’d be a stronger pain… Muhahaha!

EDIT: I'm talking about Emily and her quote.

Stumpy Pete said:
You don't here either Mark or Kyle being biased in their responses.
S. Pete
What a load of crap. Mark was so biased towards Emily it wasn't funny. Having a hissy fit when Emily almost got eliminated a few weeks back, the number of touchdowns he gave Emily when much better performances ddin't get them and his reaction after Emily's performance at the Opera House on moday night. Similarly, Kyle was biased towards Dan England.

Magpiespower said:
They'd be laughed at in The Block, Redfern, and parts of Cabramatta, Salisbury North, Elizabeth and so on as well.

Ever been to Inala?

Raskolnikov said:
Queenslanders are stupid.

Hey, shut up! Most of us are just not like that; we don't vote for a person just because they're from Queensland. In fact, I wasn't even going to vote at all but decided to at the end for Kate. Plus, even a local Queenslad radio station was insulting Emily for being a crap singer (which is true; she can reach high notes.. yes, but she tends to spend a lot more time screaming than actually singing). And although the radio host was rubbishing the quality of Australian Idol "singers", they commented that they would rather have Kate win the title than the Brissy girl, Emily. So there!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ant said:
Having said that, it's a bit of an indictment on the standard of this season's competition that someone who couldn't even crack the top 100 in two previous attempts, actually won the whole thing this year.

Quite humourous IMO.

agreed. However the entire 2nd and 3rd seasons of the show have been humourous. If you can't pick them out in the first year; why both going for the second best, the third best. I watched the last 2 purely for the humility factor.

Congratulations to Kate and Casey however.

Remove this Banner Ad

Australian Idol 2005 - Official thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back