Australian Idol 2005 - Official thread

Remove this Banner Ad

emily?? OMG, she'll be on oprah next crying about driving a forklift and her baby. (wheres the father anyway?).

emily can sing, but shes not the oz idol. is it me or does she look evil?

and hopefully this will be marcia's last year. her "girlfriend" stuff is wearing thin. just wish kyle would tell her to shut up!

whatever happens, they'll sell less than casey, which is bad.

no wonder kelly clarkson didnt wanna go on idol!

Put their personalities aside for a minute, this was meant to be a singing/ talent competition.

Kate wasn't good enough for two years running, she lost her voice half way through the competition and in terms of singing ability she ranks behind Emily, Ann and Dan.

She may be the Aussie chick with her blonde hair and blue eyes, but she was not the most talented singer in Idol this season. She worked hard, and good on her.... but Emily's voice is naturally good and untrained.

Good luck to both of them, but let's hope Dan is the one who finds himself recording and releasing music soon.

Nightwolf_69 said:
Funniest thing all night was when that fat mole Casey took the stage. My god, she has put on more kilo's since we last saw her :eek:

She is on right now in Perth, and i dont know if funny is the word id use to describe it :eek: .

Absolute fxxxxxx bush pig. Im against the entertainment biz pressuring girls to be anorexic, but Casey is gonna be lucky to reach fifty the way she is going. Someone needs to step in for the sake of her health.

Oh, and she cant fxxxxx sing either.

Nightwolf_69 said:
Funniest thing all night was when that fat mole Casey took the stage.

Reckon it was when they briefly cut to the three stooges after Kate was announced the winner.

The look on Marcia's face was priceless...

Mouth agape, completely stunned that her 'girlfriend' didn't come through with the goods.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kate deserved it, good on her. Emily might have a voice but she has zippo personality. Out of the choices you could make she was the best one. I would have liked if someone like Anne or Dan would have won but Emily wasnt right.

Magpiespower said:
Reckon it was when they briefly cut to the three stooges after Kate was announced the winner.

Mouth agape, completely stunned that her 'girlfriend' didn't come through with the goods.

That would be a funny sight to see.

AllStar7 said:
Put their personalities aside for a minute, this was meant to be a singing/ talent competition.

Kate wasn't good enough for two years running, she lost her voice half way through the competition and in terms of singing ability she ranks behind Emily, Ann and Dan.

She may be the Aussie chick with her blonde hair and blue eyes, but she was not the most talented singer in Idol this season. She worked hard, and good on her.... but Emily's voice is naturally good and untrained.

Good luck to both of them, but let's hope Dan is the one who finds himself recording and releasing music soon.

I'm with ya - Emily's best was better than Kate's best tho the last couple of weeks her songs did not show her talents off so well. Still, Kate is ok and gutsy effort to persist after two failed campaigns.

Magpiespower said:

Yep saw that, cracked me up. funny to see that guy with a USA accent in the auditions bag marcia and ask what songs has she sung. She NOTHIN! And I agree. I say get rid of her, she adds nothing to the comp, her advice is gary lyon fence sitting at best (illustrated by john forman's narration about how she was the queen and kyle the bad guy). is she the token female? at least paula abdul is good to look at.

unit should be happy that one of the "bull sisters" didnt win. i know im happy that emily didnt win, but for different reasons.

Serious question here folks:

Was the vote for Kate a vote for Australia from Grass Roots? Coming off the X Factor and the much maligned 'Australia's brainiest kid' where the major winners were of multi-cultural decent - was voting for a blonde haired blue eyed girl a show of deft racism by the Australian public?

ExTasDeeMan said:

Was the vote for Kate a vote for Australia from Grass Roots? Coming off the X Factor and the much maligned 'Australia's brainiest kid' where the major winners were of multi-cultural decent - was voting for a blonde haired blue eyed girl a show of deft racism by the Australian public?

umm....no. i think people got sick of emily's tear jerking, sympathy wanting act. the down to the earth girl was the better option in a fairly poor series. dan england shouldve won, but thats what happens when you put mobile phones in the hands of teenyboppers.

can anyone imagine lee singing the new idol song?

ExTasDeeMan said:

Interesting. I dont know about that. We pride ourselves on being a multicultural nation etc but you could be right. Random were crap IMHO compared to that Katai (girls groups that Mark loved!!). They fit the white, middle class sterotype you were talking about.

Peternorth said:

Yep saw that, cracked me up. funny to see that guy with a USA accent in the auditions bag marcia and ask what songs has she sung. She NOTHIN! And I agree. I say get rid of her, she adds nothing to the comp, her advice is gary lyon fence sitting at best (illustrated by john forman's narration about how she was the queen and kyle the bad guy). is she the token female? at least paula abdul is good to look at.

unit should be happy that one of the "bull sisters" didnt win. i know im happy that emily didnt win, but for different reasons.

I thought it was funny as well. Where we live (Western Qld) it wasnt shown until 10:30pm. So I taped it. When I got up this morning I thought that I would rewind the tape a bit and see who won. I got to the spot (on the first go mind you!!) where they showed the judges faces. Straight away I knew that Emily had lost. The other judges looked perplexed as well!!

ExTasDeeMan said:

I think that's an overestimation of the thinking capabilities of the mostly teen voters.

Random were hugely popular when they won, their version of Zip Dee Doo Dah was fantastic - they actually really represented the music that's currently in the charts. So I don't think there would have been a backlash towards them

A lot of Idol watchers probably didn't really watch Australia's Brainiest Kid (I didn't for one).

My preference for Kate was based on personality (I thought Emily was fake, and Kate I thought had a good sense of humour etc) and the fact that I liked the way she sang and the songs she chose better (most of the time). I thought Emily oversang. Plus Emily was bad on Sunday night - Since You've Been Gone was truly terrible.

If the public were reacting to anything it was probably more at Kyle's fat taunts to Kate.

good answers kiddies - all i know is there is no reality TV for a couple of months - enjoy it while you can!

I do admit I would have been happier with England winning, although winning it or coming 2nd doesn't really have much of a difference sales wise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Australian Idol 2005 - Official thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back