Australian Idol

Remove this Banner Ad

Nightwolf_69 said:
What the hell was Chanel wearing, totally gross! Why does she wear crap like that when her thighs are big?

The outfit may not have been very flattering but her thighs aren't that big. Beyonce's thighs are substantially bigger than Chanel's but she wears those sort of outfits all the time and I wouldn't say that it flatters her, either.

And am I the only person who can't stand listening to Casey and Anthony's voices. Anthony's voice especially grates on me so very, very much.

Anthony is dogs vomit. Of course I aint a giggling female teeny bopper either.

"hehehehehe - look! BOYS!!! hehehehehe. Its winter but lucky i have ugg boots on otherwise I'd be cold in this ultra short mini and top that shows of half or more of my breasts. hehehehe. BOYS BOYS!!!!

bomber0018 said:
The outfit may not have been very flattering but her thighs aren't that big. Beyonce's thighs are substantially bigger than Chanel's but she wears those sort of outfits all the time and I wouldn't say that it flatters her, either.

And am I the only person who can't stand listening to Casey and Anthony's voices. Anthony's voice especially grates on me so very, very much.

Dude, Beyonce is a stunner, Chanel is not...

I actully think the musical arrangements have a lot to answer for.

Hayley was the most listenable tonight - commercial song I know but there you go.

I wonder if they are trying to get her the flick because the panel said the minimum possible - as if they know if they bag her more people wll be moved to vote for her.

She was certainly in top 3 tonight

Last night's performances:
Chanel was average, and could have chosen a better song (although that genre was always going to test her).
Anthony was good, although I found the song boring.
Casey was excellent.
Courtney did a very good version of a song I love- although he did struggle with the choruses.
Hayley- complete karaoke.

May I also say that Marcia was extremely annoying, as well.

I think that Chanel or Hayley will go tonight (hopefully Hayley, as the competition won't be the same without Chanel!)

Bulldogchick76 said:
Last night's performances:
Chanel was average, and could have chosen a better song (although that genre was always going to test her).
Anthony was good, although I found the song boring.
Casey was excellent.
Courtney did a very good version of a song I love- although he did struggle with the choruses.
Hayley- complete karaoke.

May I also say that Marcia was extremely annoying, as well.

I think that Chanel or Hayley will go tonight (hopefully Hayley, as the competition won't be the same without Chanel!)

Jimmy Barnes - complete Karaoke - Hayley not 'pure' enough for you huh ?

Remember Kurt last year beat the pants of everybody with a popular song sung well - all the wobbly voices lost

Mark Rudd said:
Anthony is dogs vomit. Of course I aint a giggling female teeny bopper either.

"hehehehehe - look! BOYS!!! hehehehehe. Its winter but lucky i have ugg boots on otherwise I'd be cold in this ultra short mini and top that shows of half or more of my breasts. hehehehe. BOYS BOYS!!!!

Panel getting more and more open with the 'gay' references. Has a voice but will never make it , unless he grows a few inches of course

Yes she's not a natural entertainer like casey and courtney, or was that courtney and casey.

But she is getting better, and I think the singing can get much much better.

Chanel was booring but I don't like wobbly voice music anyway

ok this may be the first anti-Courtney post on this forum but I have to ask, what is so good about this guy??

Week after week he sings these daggy '80s numbers from his crappy band's songlist and sure he sings them ok, but I can't remember him doing one knockout performance during the comp, i can barely remember any of his performances actually, they're usually so bland.

He has got a good voice, a very distinct voice, and sure he hasn't put up any shocking performances, but he's hardly improved at all over the weeks. Maybe i'm missing something here but i just think he's very very overrated.

Casey was good last night, Anthony too. I think Hayley will go, like someone said - it was karaoke - will get you through when there's 12 finalists, but not in the final 5, just wasn't enough.

This whole comp's lacking much spark right now. Down to 4 next week, will they sing 2 songs each does anyone know? i can't remember from last year.

DIG said:
Down to 4 next week, will they sing 2 songs each does anyone know? i can't remember from last year.

It has to be next week. They couldn't possibly string out 4 songs for an hour or more.

In fact, I thought it would have been this week (5 singers) actually but not to be.

My top from based on last night's performances:
1. Anthony
2. Casey
3. Courtney
4. Hayley
5. Chanel

It hurts me to place Hayley in 4th spot, as she's my favourite - but the song choice was poor, I'm afraid to say. I think someone sang that last year on Idol and from memory it didn't go down too well. It's certainly a kareoke song.

Anthony and either Casey or Courtney will be safe tonight. My tip to depart is Chanel. she's struggled to survive in past weeks, even when she's been amongst the better performers, so given she was possibly in the bottom 1 or 2 last night, wont help her cause at all.

Anthony hasn't had a "bad" performance yet, and would be my prediction to win at this stage! :cool:

It's just a weak competition this season. How Hayley and Chanel got into the top 5 is beyond me. Casey has no personality or looks to be an idol.

Anthony might be a favourite for the teenage girls, but he's the only one that delivers quality performances week in, week out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

luke2177 said:
Anthony hasn't had a "bad" performance yet, and would be my prediction to win at this stage! :cool:

Didn't you see his screamingly bad version of "I Saw Her Standing There"? That was pain both visually and aurally.

And Shannon was fantastic - couldn't sing as well as many others but could actually connect with songs.

Pessimistic said:
Panel getting more and more open with the 'gay' references. Has a voice but will never make it , unless he grows a few inches of course

Elton John is about the same height as Anthony.

What has height got to do with how well you can sing?

:rolleyes:

DIG said:
ok this may be the first anti-Courtney post on this forum but I have to ask, what is so good about this guy??

Week after week he sings these daggy '80s numbers from his crappy band's songlist and sure he sings them ok, but I can't remember him doing one knockout performance during the comp, i can barely remember any of his performances actually, they're usually so bland.

He has got a good voice, a very distinct voice, and sure he hasn't put up any shocking performances, but he's hardly improved at all over the weeks. Maybe i'm missing something here but i just think he's very very overrated.

Casey was good last night, Anthony too. I think Hayley will go, like someone said - it was karaoke - will get you through when there's 12 finalists, but not in the final 5, just wasn't enough.

This whole comp's lacking much spark right now. Down to 4 next week, will they sing 2 songs each does anyone know? i can't remember from last year.

I agree....I don't look forward to watching it as much..

Yeah Courtney, I think, he's very confident with his voice and is sure he'll win, although he needs to give more!!! He's got lots of experience, fans, knows his stuff, but yet no touchdown.

Kasey - 3 touchdowns

Anthony - 1

Chanel - she will probably go tonight as she doesn't have a teenage fan base but she has more personality in her little finger than any of the others.

Courtney- should be the one that's going tonight. He started the competition well but it is becoming blatantly clear that he is one-dimensional.

Hayley - sweet girl but very ordinary singer. I don't know how she has made it this far considering she was in the bottom 3 after the first final.

Anthony - good singer but plastic fantastic.

Casey - my choice for Australian Idol. Best singer. Boring personality and needs to go on a strict weight loss programme but she is only 16 and therefore has more potential than the others.

Pessimistic said:
Look back with rosie glasses - Shannon Noll, the fro ? quality ? the only quality last year was pauilini
Paulini was quality and really the "showdown": should have been between herself and Guy. But; alas, it wasn't meant to be as Shannon got the notch again.

For what it's worth, Paulini in Swing night, I thought was magical. I was so surprised that Guy and her were the bottom 2 that night. Surely at least, one of those seats were saved by Cosima.

But the thing that was Paulini's downfall in the end, was the judges. The constant praise and the better then the rest comments got on people's nerves. Especially Mark Holdens comments the weeks before about Levi and Paulini being in the bottom 2.

Oh and you need to realise, 'The fro' is quality as a performer, singer, entertainer. He just needs to get his realtionship deals in order ;) As if he got back together with Jules! Errrugh! :mad:

Remove this Banner Ad

Australian Idol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back