Australian Idol

Remove this Banner Ad

Haley is unfairly judged. She is the only one that takes it out of the comfort zone and stays true to the theme of the night. The rest of them sound the same every week, Anthony isnt too bad.

Interesting that Dicko slammed Haley's dancing. Casey & Chanel couldnt dance for ******** either, its just that they dont put themselves in that position and play it safe with song choice. The one time Casey couldnt play safe (the beatles night) she bombed badly.

the interesting one's gone now...

So it's just the fatties (who aren't too bad), pansy boy (the best singer of the group) and Sharon Noll (she's blonde). Which one's gonna make the moola for the execs?

Thankgod.
The most anoying thing on tv at the moment, I really dont like that show.
But I like it that much more that she is gone, would have been a total disgrace if she won.
Lets go courtney, Anthony ur next!

I am sad that Chanel has gone- by far the most interesting and unique person on Idol. However, there was no way that she was going to fit the idol 'mould' if she won, anyway. I can't imagine her ever recording an album in one week (or compromising on song choices easily, either).
I can't believe that Hayley's still there.
Hopefully Courteney makes it to the final, his weekly song choices are about the only thing of interest to me left.
I agree that Casey has some problems with basic converstaion- she needs to fix that up quick smart.

Bulldogchick76 said:
I am sad that Chanel has gone- by far the most interesting and unique person on Idol. However, there was no way that she was going to fit the idol 'mould' if she won, anyway. I can't imagine her ever recording an album in one week (or compromising on song choices easily, either).

I totally agree with this. She was the only reason why we tuned into Australian Idol - she's got a very good voice, her song selections were great (or at the very least, she appealed to my taste in music), and she had spark and personality.

I don't think she could ever be a top 40 pop song singer. She would do well singing jazz or (what I like to call) "noir music".

After all the singers who have gone through the Popstars/Aus Idol competitions, she's the only one whose records I would buy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was actually reminded last night why I originally liked Chanel. Listening to her sing Glory Box was fantastic, she often chose songs I love, and usually did them reasonably well (Stop was an appalling misinterpretation of the song's meaning, didn't like Constant Craving either). It was only her personality and her attempt to flirt her way into the judges good books that totally turned me off her. She came across as so pretentious I felt and so desperate to be different, it seemed forced.

I'm happy to see her go because although I'd probably buy her album I couldn't stand seeing her on TV anymore, but I'd bring her back if Anthony would go in her place.

As for Hayley, if she's going to go anywhere she needs to return to what she was doing in the first few finals and pick less obvious songs, she chooses the most obvious, boring songs every week. (Yesterday for lord's sake - Ain't No Mountain High Enough, last week she didn't even sing a real 80s song!)

GO Courtney, his attitude's beginning to grate on me but he's the only left I really enjoy listening to.

God this season's been an absolute dud.

RooBunny said:
GO Courtney, his attitude's beginning to grate on me but he's the only left I really enjoy listening to.

He is the biggest sook on television. He cannot take any constructive criticism on board, just rolls his eyes and acts like a queen.

Is it just me or are the top 5 or 6 from last year better than ANY of the remaining 4?...I think since Ricky Lee left it's been a very average bunch.

IMO Casey>Hayley>Courtney (can't stand sooks) > Anthony (pretty boy)

IMO someone like Paulini would ******** on any of the ones left.

Mad Dog said:
Is it just me or are the top 5 or 6 from last year better than ANY of the remaining 4?...I think since Ricky Lee left it's been a very average bunch.

IMO Casey>Hayley>Courtney (can't stand sooks) > Anthony (pretty boy)

IMO someone like Paulini would ******** on any of the ones left.

I thought the other way round , with the exception of paulini of course.

Perhaps the direction is poorer this year

Another vote for Chanel here, I would possibly buy her album.

Ted Pellitts said:
chanel unique?

just a tryhard, compromised bjork if you ask me

Even if you believe that to be true, wouldn't you think that it's better to aspire to be interesting like Bjork rather than to be a "headed for cover band hell" singer (the dreadful Marty), a "let's go through all my vocal ranges" diva (Ricky-Lee), a "in another life, I would've been a soapie star before becoming a singer" (Hayley), or the "no, I haven't left a boy band to persue a solo career" pretty boy (Anthony).

Mark Rudd said:
The judges critisizm of Haley is outrageous. Especially Mark Holden. He's a goose.

Hayley tried out in Canberra and couldnt get through, then she went to Sydney and got through. I thought at least one of the judges would develop a grudge on her for 'pushing' them into selecting her to go through to the next round in the first auditions. Anyway the words 'Mark Holden' and 'd*******' would fit into a lot of sentences describing Mark Holden.

I reckon that Chanel's problem was that the people who like her work (like me) would think it beneath them to vote in a show like this (as I do).

I think that my problem with the show can be summed up by the fact that one of the favourites picked "I saw her standing there" as his Beatles song because 'it's the only song of their's that I know' and still got through.

MrMeaner said:
I reckon that Chanel's problem was that the people who like her work (like me) would think it beneath them to vote in a show like this (as I do).

Agreed. I'm the same, I don't mind Chanel, and she is a good singer (although her performance on Sunday night was pretty horrific!). I'd never vote though.

I don't know how Hayley's getting through...?? Her voice is nice, but it's 'sweet' - no real power in it. Oh well.

Casey's easily the best voice left. Not Anthony.

Remove this Banner Ad

Australian Idol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back