FTA-TV Australian Idol

Remove this Banner Ad

For mine:

Tom - Awful again, not quite as disastrous as last week at least. Can hit the right higher note ok on those random occasions his weak pitch stumbles through it but the lower ones are poor. Has no stage presence. Can only look goofily into the camera with his cutesy expression. And why was he singing Evermore - a Kiwi band on Australian night?
Sophie - Better but will be bottom 3 again.
Teale - Also was better but still behind many of the others.
Thanh - Was crap, poor song choice too.
Madam - Liked it at first, then it turned creepy. Should have enough points in the bank.
Mark - Judges were harsh on him, he made Farnham sound easy cos he sang it well. Not progressing like some of the others tho.
Luke - Was ok, on the piss all week and then rips out Jimmy Barnes, great stuff.
Chrislyn - Can't believe some of the comments on Chrislyn, just petty backlash against the judges- she was awesome last night.
Roshani - absolute quality. Is nearly there now.
Wes - just a class above the rest. He is a superstar in the making.

Best 3 last night - Wes, Chrislyn, Roshani
Worst 3 last night - Tom, Thanh, Madam.

Bottom 3 predicted: Thanh, Sophie, Teale. (Madam should still have enough support to keep her going, and Tom's screaming fan base will keep him out again).

Sophie - will probably go, a shame cos then the best looking girl left will be Tom.

It was a fairly average night, thought Mark copped a bit of undeserved crap, pretty much because he isn't as 'camp' as they would like him to be.

He researched his work well hehe - Barnsey did allright being a major pisshead. Undeserved, yep.

Chrisyln? Yep, I agree, don't think she nailed it, and the sympathy vote only gets you so far

No didn't nail it and a turnoff being so fat. But pitch etc ok.
Sophie - nice voice but the song sounded a bit weird,could be bottom 3 again.
Madam - voice ok but the arrangement / phrasing? NQR, not bottom 3

For mine:

Tom - Awful again, not quite as disastrous as last week at least. Can hit the right higher note ok on those random occasions his weak pitch stumbles through it but the lower ones are poor. Has no stage presence. Can only look goofily into the camera with his cutesy expression. And why was he singing Evermore - a Kiwi band on Australian night?

Im sure bombersno1 will tell us he had on his myspace that he didnt know any Australian songs :rolleyes:

I think Sophie will go too. Terrible song choice, average performance.

I never said Madam should go. I said this whole night did not suit her. She should have done a NZ song

umm, wasnt it aussie night?

For mine:

looking forward to bombersno1's spin on this. oh he didnt know it was aussie night :rolleyes:

Lets be honest....

Tom could walk out on stage, spew his guts up on the floor, bow, walk off and he would still get through because of the tweenies.

Its a floored system.

I can just see it coming down to Wes vs Tom and Tom winning.

Toms performance was ordinary again. Agree with most of what people have said on here. Its a popularity contest, not a singing contest.

Worst 3 were

Madam
Than
Tom

Yet i'd say Sophie will go tonight.

As to Bombers01 saying that Madam ruined her favourite song or something....i'm sure if she went and listened to the Veronicas live she would be saying the same thing. Its amazing what happens when autotune is on...

That’s my point, last week Tom was out of his depth and his performance suffered but you were unrelenting in admitting how horrid he was. This week you came out and said Madam was horrid, why is she not one of your favourite singers

Double standard me thinks

I said Aussie night did not suit Madam. That is a fair comment as it is obvious why this is the case.

You’re missing the point. No one said he was drunk just as no one said he was under the influence of alcohol tonight. Maybe last night or Friday night he had too many drinks and continually doing this will have an influence on his vocals but he did not show any evidence of being intoxicated tonight on stage.

The first hint of drinking was said by Darren Hayes during the workshop clip and that wasn’t filmed today. It would have been Wednesday or Thursday last week.

There should not even be a HINT of drinking excessively. I am all for people having a wine over dinner, but when in the competition that is where it should end.

No didn't nail it and a turnoff being so fat. But pitch etc ok.
Sophie - nice voice but the song sounded a bit weird,could be bottom 3 again.
Madam - voice ok but the arrangement / phrasing? NQR, not bottom 3

Agreed on all, except you are being nice to Madam, the chorus is completely off pitch, it stood out. I watched it again today and saw exactly the same thing

Im sure bombersno1 will tell us he had on his myspace that he didnt know any Australian songs :rolleyes:

I think Sophie will go too. Terrible song choice, average performance.

Nope, I was actually surprised on Tom's choice- but I do know why. Many girls especially people a bit younger than me LOVE Evermore, and that song appealed to the teens. It is about playing your cards close to your chest. Tom did that. Good performance though, nailed most notes.:thumbsu:

Lets be honest....

Tom could walk out on stage, spew his guts up on the floor, bow, walk off and he would still get through because of the tweenies.

Its a floored system.

I can just see it coming down to Wes vs Tom and Tom winning.

Toms performance was ordinary again. Agree with most of what people have said on here. Its a popularity contest, not a singing contest.

Worst 3 were

Madam
Than
Tom

Yet i'd say Sophie will go tonight.

As to Bombers01 saying that Madam ruined her favourite song or something....i'm sure if she went and listened to the Veronicas live she would be saying the same thing. Its amazing what happens when autotune is on...

I have seen the Veronicas live both in Australia and overseas. They do not stuff up the chorus. It is the main part of the song you know. It is what makes the song stand out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope, I was actually surprised on Tom's choice- but I do know why. Many girls especially people a bit younger than me LOVE Evermore, and that song appealed to the teens. It is about playing your cards close to your chest. Tom did that. Good performance though, nailed most notes.:thumbsu:

There's the issue...

They asked him if he had a couple of beers....he said yes.

Whats the issue?

The issue is he is doing it before being on national television..and then having a "excuse" as to why he was not 100%:thumbsdown:

The issue is he is doing it before being on national television..and then having a "excuse" as to why he was not 100%:thumbsdown:

Obviously, you cant tell the difference between having beers during the week and having beers 10 minutes before going on stage.

He was not drunk on national television and nowhere did the judges or anyone else suggest he was.

I have more of a problem with the EXCUSE he was given. I honestly could not care less what he does off the screen, but don't tell us you are not 100% if that is becuase you have been drinking during the week

are you sure that's why he sung that song? how is his performance playing cards close to his chest? do you even know what it means to play cards close to your chest?

why did he sing a song by a kiwi band when it was aussie night?

let's face it tom can never do wrong in your/teenybopper eyes. the judges were right to tell the teenybopper crowd to shut up. hope they mature when they're old enough to vote for a prime minister. in fact legislate now, they must never be allowed to vote in an election.

so make him the oz idol, but dont dare criticise him because he'll start crying and run off to his mum. if he makes a mistake just pretend it never happened or use an excuse like "he's only a kid". or perhaps when he tours america, he'll get bagged mercilessly but its ok cause he's only a kid and he was excited to go to disneyland.

I have more of a problem with the EXCUSE he was given. I honestly could not care less what he does off the screen, but don't tell us you are not 100% if that is becuase you have been drinking during the week

but it's ok to use the excuse tom didn't know many songs from the 80s :rolleyes:

are you sure that's why he sung that song? how is his performance playing cards close to his chest? do you even know what it means to play cards close to your chest?

why did he sing a song by a kiwi band when it was aussie night?

let's face it tom can never do wrong in your/teenybopper eyes. the judges were right to tell the teenybopper crowd to shut up. hope they mature when they're old enough to vote for a prime minister. in fact legislate now, they must never be allowed to vote in an election.

so make him the oz idol, but dont dare criticise him because he'll start crying and run off to his mum. if he makes a mistake just pretend it never happened or use an excuse like "he's only a kid". or perhaps when he tours america, he'll get bagged mercilessly but its ok cause he's only a kid and he was excited to go to disneyland.

The fans love Tom and rightly so, he is quite pretty looking for a young singer, has a stack of marketability as well. He sang a song that most teen girls LOVE. That is a good, smart decison and to be honest as much as it is a NZ song, it was the right song for him. I would have rather Madam do that song and Tom do the Veronicas though. But maybe Tom is saving the Veronicas for Big Band Night. As for the judges telling the crowd to shut up- well that was immature of them. The crowd has every right to love Tom.

For gods sake i wish all the tweenies would stop voting for that poor excuse for a performer/singer that needs a haircut........

Wes and Sophie are about the only 2 i would even contemplate buying an album by.

Sophie? WTF..apart from being blonde what is she good at? That song choice last night was a shocker..and please tell me what she was doing sitting on her arse all song. Move around the stage you bimbo. I knew there was something about her I did not like

There is a difference between causing your body harm and not knowing a song. Huge difference.

So now having a few drinks during the week is causing your body harm? what the hell?

Didn't Madam lose her voice a couple of weeks ago? She must have had about 30 vodka cruisers i guess?

Why was Sophies song choice a shocker? :confused:

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV Australian Idol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back