Australian Open 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just got home from the Tennis.

Had seats 6 rows from the front at RLA, and after a long day, couldn't be bothered staying and watching the outside courts with all the interruptions.

Got there a little late, but saw the end of the 1st set between the 2 Marias, and damn did they look good, although the same can't be said for Sharapova's game.

She struggled all match, although she showed glimpses of her best in the 2nd, but couldn't continue it.

Was disappointed for her, but happy for Kirilenko, who has her own injury worries last year, and also that we get to see more of MK at the OZ Open.:):D

The second match was pretty predictable, with the "Great White Hope" of the women's draw (not my comment, some guy 2 rows back ketp shouting it out) winning pretty convincingly, although the Canadian girl was competitive in the second set.

The 3rd match was a pretty easy one for Murray, he never looked in trouble and disposed of his opponent like a top player. Was very impressive, so much so that I consider him a real chance for the title after watching him today, although he faces Nadal in the Quarters or Semis, so that will be his big match.

Good day, lucky I chose to but reserved seats in one of the 2 stadiums with roofs, as outside must have been terrible for a spectator and players today.

Hopefully tomorrow's better, and I might go again later in the week.

Was fun, was also considering how lucky we are in Melbourne, as I do at each major sporting even I attend.:)

Play has resumed on outside courts (Tomic gets the break in the 2nd set), though some matches have been delayed until tomorrow because of the weather.

As a result, only RLA draw available at this stage for tomorrow

From 11AM EDST

Xinyun Han (CHI) vs Stosur
Serena vs Radwanska
Roger vs Andreev

From 7PM
Hewitt vs Hocevar (BRA)
Coin vs Molik

Luczak has had some chances to break Nadal this game, has missed them all. Probably will cost him.

Lusczak looking like a top 10 player atm. How long he can keep it up? My guess is he will win this set then compete halfway through the 2nd then fall away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Few matches have been moved around (not that we'll get to see them). Dementieva vs Dushevina will now follow the Henin match on Hisense (Henin has a break in the 1st). The MCA night match (Ebden vs Monfils) will now follow Tomic. Plenty of matches either suspended or delayed until a future time.

Molik is tennis answer to Jana Rawlinson. Both should find the nearest hole and cover it

Luczak finally breaks :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHH!

Tomic serving for the 2nd set on MCA, Flipkins breaks back against Henin on Hisense only to be broken back, Nieminen serving for the set against Lindahl on SC2.

10.2_Ozzie_choke_BDD.jpg

If you think about where Molik comes from and what she did a few years ago you might get a clue.
O rly?

Cmon now that is not a feature match.
As much as Stosur is "boring", showing her would be a load more appealing than a shit show served up by two players at the very bottom of the WTA barrel. Even if one of them is Aussie.
Should've switched them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back