Opinion AUSTRALIAN Politics: Adelaide Board Discussion Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Just when did the government say prices will go down. I received a similar note for my gas bill.:think:

Your energy prices are increasing and are shown below.
From 1 August 2024 your electricity prices will change. Based on your past usage, we estimate this will
increase your electricity bill by $373.00 per year.
Please note that this is an estimate only, the amount
includes GST, and your actual bills will vary depending on your usage. :mad:

1719490896375.png

Surprised we haven’t heard from One Great C. Advanced case of Carlson Derangement Syndrome that one.

OneGreatClub c’mon son, come out and play.

At least give us a “he’s a threat to our democracy.”

What about a “he shouldn’t be allowed into the country!”

Surely you’ve got a couple of those in you!
He’s a moron and a Putin sycophant.
Will that do?
Have you bought a ticket yet?

:p

Michelle Browning

osrSpeotdn806lfhru6 2u2f22a081gr169ygb3 luil7gchff0ul1727e0F ·
Right now the average wind farm is about 150 turbines. Each wind turbine needs 80 gallons of oil as lubricant and we're not talking about vegetable oil, this is a PAO synthetic oil based on crude... 12,000 gallons of it. That oil needs to be replaced once a year.
It is estimated that a little over 3,800 turbines would be needed to power a city the size of New York... That's 304,000 gallons of refined oil for just one city.
Now you have to calculate every city across the nation, large and small, to find the grand total of yearly oil consumption from "clean" energy.
Where do you think all that oil is going to come from, the oil fairies?
Not to mention the fact that the large equipment needed to build these wind farms run on petroleum. As well as the equipment required for installation, service, maintenance, and eventual removal.
And just exactly how eco-friendly is wind energy anyway?
Each turbine requires a footprint of 1.5 acres, so a wind farm of 150 turbines needs 225 acres; In order to power a city the size of NYC you'd need 57,000 acres; and who knows the astronomical amount of land you would need to power the entire US. All of which would have to be clear-cut land because trees create a barrier & turbulence that interferes with the 20mph sustained wind velocity necessary for the turbine to work properly (also keep in mind that not all states are suitable for such sustained winds). Boy, cutting down all those trees is gonna piss off a lot of green-loving tree-huggers.
Let's talk about disposal now.
The lifespan of a modern, top quality, highly efficient wind turbine is 20 years.
After that, then what? What happens to those gigantic fiber composite blades?
They cannot economically be reused, refurbished, reduced, repurposed, or recycled so guess what..? It's off to special landfills they go.
And guess what else..? They're already running out of these special landfill spaces for the blades that have already exceeded their usefulness. Seriously! Those blades are anywhere from 120 ft. to over 200 ft. long and there are 3 per turbine. And that's with only 7% of the nation currently being supplied with wind energy. Just imagine if we had the other 93% of the nation on the wind grid... 20 years from now you'd have all those unusable blades with no place to put them... Then 20 years after that, and 20 years after that, and so on.
Golly gee, how green is that?
Oops, I almost forgot about the 500,000 birds that are killed each year from wind turbine blade collisions; most of which are endangered hawks, falcons, owls, geese, ducks, and eagles.
Apparently smaller birds are more agile and able to dart and dodge out of the way of the spinning blades, whereas the larger soaring birds aren't so lucky.
I'm sure the wildlife conservationist folks are just ecstatic about that.
I'm so glad the wind energy people are looking out for the world.
Just when did the government say prices will go down. I received a similar note for my gas bill.:think:

From 1 August 2024 your electricity prices will change. Based on your past usage, we estimate this will

View attachment 2032081
LOL

But but $300 courtesy of Albo as of next week...bigger fools us.

View attachment 2032081
My Dad got something similar and he's with them, but I'm with AGL and my wife and I got this

1000005447.png

As someone who was only a few years old when it happened can any one tell me what it really was like when the State Bank collapsed? Did Tax payers really foot the bill?

I haven't really been able to find enough information that isn't super biased.

Did we as a state ever truly recover? It still seems like we're playing a catch up sometimes.

Isn't it the reason for all the privatisation of utilities and the reason we're in this mess now with the water and electricity stuff?

As someone who was only a few years old when it happened can any one tell me what it really was like when the State Bank collapsed? Did Tax payers really foot the bill?

Did we as a state ever truly recover? It still seems like we're playing a catch up sometimes.

Isn't it the reason for all the privatisation of utilities and the reason we're in this mess now with the water and electricity stuff?
Olsen sold off most of the state's assets like electricity & we have all been paying since...

May Marcus Clark rot in hell.

Certain assets, power and water, should never be sold off.

The State has recovered.

We need to understand that government debt isn’t like personal or company/business debt. Government debt doesn’t need to be repaid in the same way and generally it should be used to cover infrastructure projects etc. which last for decades.

The Adelaide Oval and RAH are two good examples - they will be around for decades. Money worth spent.

Well the long running SA ALP Premier John Bannon resigned so you work it out for yourself, the State Bank under his admin bankrupted the State.

I think you spelt John Bannon wrong, he was the Premier and the Treasurer at the time.
Marcus Clark was the one who put the state into debt & ruined our credit rating.

Bannon was mesmerised by MC, but yes he was asleep at the wheel as Treasurer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marcus Clark was the one who put the state into debt & ruined our credit rating.

Bannon was mesmerised by MC, but yes he was asleep at the wheel as Treasurer.

Bannon was the one who gave him the leeway to do it, Bannon should've had much more oversight.

He was as bad as Roo getting sucked into Firepower.

Bannon was the one who gave him the leeway to do it, Bannon should've had much more oversight.

He was as bad as Roo getting sucked into Firepower.
No doubt Bannon should have had proper oversight. No argument from me.

Marcus Clark was the one who created our debt though.

No doubt Bannon should have had proper oversight. No argument from me.

Marcus Clark was the one who created our debt though.
I may have mentioned this previously. At the time of the collapse a friend/Neighbour was a senior loans officer at another bank.
The State bank in his opinion was recruiting very average people on high pay and rewards. He couldn't believe the deals they were doing. He never would have entertained anything like them.

I think oversight was there but politically it could not be reined in, and Bannon just let it go.

I may have mentioned this previously. At the time of the collapse a friend/Neighbour was a senior loans officer at another bank.
The State bank in his opinion was recruiting very average people on high pay and rewards. He couldn't believe the deals they were doing. He never would have entertained anything like them.

I think oversight was there but politically it could not be reined in, and Bannon just let it go.
There was very poor oversight & Marcus Clark wasn't exactly providing the relevant reports to Treasurer/Treasury... who should have been asking proper questions.

I'd be interested to know when you get your next bill how far down, they went. I had an AGL quote and it wasn't as good at the time.
I think by decreasing they mean they'll use smaller font

Once again Albo can't even get anything right.....Suspended her for a week , can't even keep her in the tent after calling her in last week and reading the riot act to her. Then this morning on Insiders she publically defies him so he finally does what he should have done in the first place. Kicked her out of Caucus, of course the upshot of that will be the Greens are rubbing their hands together.

Fatima Payman has been suspended from caucus after she said she would cross the floor to support Palestine​

Anthony Albanese has taken swift action against Labor senator Fatima Payman after she vowed to vote against the government again.

Rogue Labor senator Fatima Payman has been suspended from caucus indefinitely after she said she would cross the floor again to support Palestine, defying warnings from the Prime Minister and other senior government leaders.
“By her own actions and statements, Senator Payman has placed herself outside the privilege that comes with participating in the federal parliamentary Labor Party caucus,” an Albanese government spokeswoman said.

“If Senator Payman decides she will respect the caucus and her Labor colleagues she can return, but until then Senator Payman is suspended from the right to participate in federal parliamentary Labor Party caucus meetings and processes.”

Senator Payman had initially been suspended from caucus for one meeting after she broke caucus rules last week to vote in support of a Greens’ motion calling for statehood for Palestine.

“Will you abide by the decisions of the Caucus in the future?” she was asked by Insiders host David Speers.

“If the recognition on the state of Palestine was to be brought forward tomorrow, I would cross the floor,” she said.
The 29-year-old Muslim senator from Western Australia said she respected Prime Minister Anthony Albanese, who had what she said was “a stern-but-fair conversation” with her after she crossed the floor.

Mr Albanese suspended from caucus meetings for the rest of the sitting fortnight.

“That’s the prerogative and the decision the Prime Minister came down to. When I made the decision on the Senate floor to cross, I did it with the understanding that this could lead to expulsion and costing my Labor membership,” she said in the pre-recorded interview.

Senator Payman said she wanted to remain in the Labor Party, bur realised she had upset some colleagues with her actions.

“I understand there’s been various colleagues who’ve been upset with me and frustrated. I’ve received the cold shoulder,” she said.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back