Society & Culture Awkward Situations

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
An awkward situation is only as awkward as the recipient makes it IMO. For example. Been going out with my current girlfriend for 4 months. We were kind of set up on the first date. We were at the pub. I made the comment

"This is one of the worst bands ive ever heard. I dont like this music normally but this is too much, lets go across the road"

In the end we went somewhere quiter and stayed. Next morning talking to my friend I realised her 2 brothers were part of said band playing. Now she could of made it real awkward and mentioned that fact to me but she let it slide and because of that we were able to have a fantastic unawkward guilt free evening. I asked her about it. She thinks they are good but understands everyone has different tastes in music so she didnt care. Moral of the story really is if someone does something awkward dont shine the bright light on it. Just let it pass by as quickly as possible and ignore it. Lifes alot smoother that way

YOu were set up on a date where her 2 brotehrs were playing at that location? That's ****ed up!

i hate it when people call you on the phone and dont bother to tell you you're on speaker until after you have let something vulgar slip out

LOL... don't say vulgar shit on the phone then.

The worst is in a business environment when you get an unplanned call that's like "Hi, you're on speaker and I've got Greg, Michael and John sitting here with me..." - feels like you're being ambushed. As a courtesy they should at least call you direct, and ask if it's okay to bring others into the conversation.

Had a job interview today and got caught staring at the HR ladies cleavage (in my defense they were nearly impossible to ignore) I then proceeded to **** up every question she asked while trying not to look anywhere near her chest.

An hour or so later she called me to request a 2nd interview.

Had a job interview today and got caught staring at the HR ladies cleavage (in my defense they were nearly impossible to ignore) I then proceeded to **** up every question she asked while trying not to look anywhere near her chest.

Clearly staring at her cleavage worked the first time. Make sure you do it in the 2nd interview but stare for even longer and try to make a really perverted expression. You're hired:thumbsu:

I had a slightly awkward situation at work today. Our firm often has to get temporary staff to fill monkey jobs on the back of machines (I work at a Print Finisher and most of the time they are stacking finished work on pallets). Of these people, a high number of them are Indian students trying to help pay for their tuition.

Anyway, one of these Indian guys was on the back of the machine I was working on today. To drown out the noise of the machines, most of us have an Ipod in our ears. I often sing along quietly to myself as I work.

On came Run For The Hills by Iron Maiden. One of the lines in the song ends with "...the only good Indians are tame." I happened to be walking past him as I sang it, obviously loud enough for him to hear. I got the darkest look from him.

Just so you know, the song is about native American Indians and is actually a positive song. Didn't help me though as this guy didn't really like me for the rest of the day but I didn't care. I wasn't singing about him and more than likely I will never see him again. Not my problem.

Was a bit awkward though.

I called my indian boss in england and indian giver once. The thing was no-one in england has heard the expression before.

Come to think of it, that is the most awkward situation i've ever been in.

Clearly staring at her cleavage worked the first time. Make sure you do it in the 2nd interview but stare for even longer and try to make a really perverted expression. You're hired:thumbsu:

She might be hiring someone just to use a sexual harrasment claim against. :D Let's hope he at least gets a feel. :thumbsu:

This has happened to me also.

Not looking at a wonderful pair staring you in the face is one of the hardest things in life.

It was similar to the seinfeld episode but worse because i actually said it. My boss was like "I'm a WHAT???????"

I shrunk to the size of a coin and explained how the expression originated from America (she was asian indian) because american indians would give reserves then take them back (or something like that).

My friend said "ooh, that sounds very racist"

The whole ordeal was horrendous. Even my friends in the office wanted to distance themselves from me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i hate it when people call you on the phone and dont bother to tell you you're on speaker until after you have let something vulgar slip out

My mates always start the conversation with "hey mate you are on speaker and "insert name" is in the car with me"

Probably says more about me than their good etiquette ;)

My mates always start the conversation with "hey mate you are on speaker and "insert name" is in the car with me"

I didn't do that the other day and my friend started bagging the person i was in the car with. Luckily the person in the car was my brother and knows my friend well so made a joke of it.

The reason i dont automatically say "hey you're on speaker" is i think that's really obvious and could imply potential heavy bagging which out weighs some light bagging.

The reason i dont automatically say "hey you're on speaker" is i think that's really obvious and could imply potential heavy bagging which out weighs some light bagging.

I just yell out "Hey, I have ****head sitting next to me, and you're on loudspeaker so don't say any of that terrible shit we normally say about him, it could cause him permanent damage". (While winking into the phone)

Me and my ex wife decided to get the train on Christmas day because it was free.

We went to Warnambool and swam.

Then we had dinner in a Chinese restaurant. I had sweet and sour and prawn crackers and a coke.

On the way home we got a bit frisky and did sex in the train toilet.

When we opened the door there was a cross lady there with two toddlers. Whoops.

Me and my ex wife decided to get the train on Christmas day because it was free.

Then we had dinner in a Chinese restaurant. I had sweet and sour and prawn crackers and a coke.

hell yes, good choice!

i loled :thumbsu:

it sounds like a perfect day except the ending.

[YOUTUBE]uItK9t-nWG4[/YOUTUBE]

Had a woman in at work today that started telling me about the pizza shop she runs. As she goes on I realise I know which shop it is and ask her "Are you talking about X pizza shop?" She said it was and asked how how I knew it. I told her that I played indoor cricket with a guy that I knew to have worked there, thinking that she might be a sibling or work-mate.

Turns out they had been married. It got awkward when she went into the story about how the marriage ended. Apparently the trips to Europe he had been on to meet some Norwegian bird he'd met on the internet, had happened while they were still together. He even got married to the new woman (presumably overseas) while still technically married to his first wife and without her knowing.

All the while I'm standing there wishing I had kept my mouth shut

Had a woman in at work today that started telling me about the pizza shop she runs. As she goes on I realise I know which shop it is and ask her "Are you talking about X pizza shop?" She said it was and asked how how I knew it. I told her that I played indoor cricket with a guy that I knew to have worked there, thinking that she might be a sibling or work-mate.

Turns out they had been married. It got awkward when she went into the story about how the marriage ended. Apparently the trips to Europe he had been on to meet some Norwegian bird he'd met on the internet, had happened while they were still together. He even got married to the new woman (presumably overseas) while still technically married to his first wife and without her knowing.

All the while I'm standing there wishing I had kept my mouth shut

Lulz :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back