Bachar Houli wants out, to Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

- no opportunity under knights
- more money offered by richmond
- richmond gurantee him midfield time
- fresh start

All valid reasons to go, just hope we don't get bent over with this one, he can walk in to the PSD.

Any pick over 46 is useless as we won't use it. Can't see Richmond giving up 29 when they can get him for nothing in the PSD.

be wary of the lethal bachar houli hospital handball richmond.

btw I'm just gonna point out to the opposition fans that houli is very a much a love/hate figure at essendon. 50% of the board think he's a gun with amazing kicking skills that Knights ruined and will star at Richmond, the other 50% think he's a dud who doesn't go at it hard enough and has bad decision marking. I'm obviously in group b. These battle lines were draw up during the season, so if people say he's a dud and so on, it's not a new evaluation based on bitterness.

If he didn't get opportunity under Knights, why couldn't Hird convince him to stay? Still wouldn't get opportunity? Too many top shelf midfielders getting in his way?

btw I'm just gonna point out to the opposition fans that houli is a very a much a love/hate figure at essendon. 50% of the board think he's a gun with amazing kicking skills that Knights ruined and will star at Richmond, the other 50% think he's a dud who doesn't go at it hard enough and has bad decision marking. I'm obviously in group b

Spot on...he has a great kick and handball but he often gets himself stuck in traffic, panics and then shoots the ball off to anywhere. If the tigers can teach him first option, best option then he'll be a much better player!

Just needs lots of game time to let his confidence grow. Its a shame to see him go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe he is more rated by people outside the club..... Is that the answer you were looking for?

I'm just asking questions looking for a response from Essendon supporters. I'm not looking for a particular answer.

I don't really see why we need him, myself. But if we can get him cheap or through the PSD, he's probably worth the punt.

If he didn't get opportunity under Knights, why couldn't Hird convince him to stay? Still wouldn't get opportunity? Too many top shelf midfielders getting in his way?

yep. So he should be a shoo-in in your team. Won't be a fringe player there at all. I mean, he only has the likes of Cotchin, Deledio, Foley etc to get a game in front of.

Wait, wat

You're not really painting a great picture of Bachar are you, if you're suggesting Essendon's midfield is packed full of duds and Houli couldn't get a game in it.....................................................................

He probably realises he's not good enough and this way he gets $400k-$450k over 2 years before he's sent into the abyss.

Nice kick of the footy. Soft as melted butter. Very strange that Richmond would even want him considering how tough a player Hardwick was and how many talented young midfielders Richmond have.

Hardwick during the year was on On The Couch and said that we lack outside midfielders with pace, and one would think that's where Houli fits in.

Our midfield is made up largely of in and under types with a couple who can play both outside and inside in Cotchin and Martin you could also say Deledio would be one who can play outside but his preferred position for him atm is HBF.

yep. So he should be a shoo-in in your team. Won't be a fringe player there at all. I mean, he only has the likes of Cotchin, Deledio, Foley etc to get a game in front of.

Wait, wat

Poor ol Lance.

I am a bit nervous though that the armies of Dons "fans" that jammed talkback this year lamenting that Houli wasn't being given a gig will in 2011 again jam aforementioned talkback to lament that their club couldn;t keep him.

Hird sits down with Houli and begs him to stay. Next morning, Houli's manager says he will never return to Windy Hill.

Smooooooth, Mr Errred.

Pick 50. Or Dean Polo. Has more Brownlow votes than Houli and absolutely flogged the hapless Dons in his debut. 3 Brownlow votes as I recall.

You're not really painting a great picture of Bachar are you, if you're suggesting Essendon's midfield is packed full of duds and Houli couldn't get a game in it.....................................................................

He probably realises he's not good enough and this way he gets $400k-$450k over 2 years before he's sent into the abyss.

which is less than the AFL average wage....

Don't be angry with us - you giuys treated him like shyte, so little wonder he walked. He was sensational against the Saints, and then gets turfed a fortnight later.

Can you really blame him? Especially when Hird has been keen to keep the likes of Myers et al who have shown SFA....

Spot on...he has a great kick and handball but he often gets himself stuck in traffic, panics and then shoots the ball off to anywhere. If the tigers can teach him first option, best option then he'll be a much better player!

Just needs lots of game time to let his confidence grow. Its a shame to see him go.

finally someone who can just be plain honest
its amazing how when a player wants to leave their club the supporters just rip into them

good work on being honest and not ripping into him:thumbsu:

Poor ol Lance.

I am a bit nervous though that the armies of Dons "fans" that jammed talkback this year lamenting that Houli wasn't being given a gig will in 2011 again jam aforementioned talkback to lament that their club couldn;t keep him.

Every supporter group has NFI nufties. As I've said before, it's those nufties that the less they see of a player the better those players get.

Hird sits down with Houli and begs him to stay. Next morning, Houli's manager says he will never return to Windy Hill.

So Hird didn't say that he'd be hard-pressed for opportunities?

Smooooooth, Mr Errred.

Pick 50. Or Dean Polo. Has more Brownlow votes than Houli and absolutely flogged the hapless Dons in his debut. 3 Brownlow votes as I recall.

Was a great debut by Polo, hasn't done anything since though hence we didn't want him. We're trying to have less hacks on our list than more, this is why we allowed Bachar to walk, I'm sure he would've stayed with a 3 year deal on the table. It's very hard for you and your other Richmond supporters to understand that Essendon won't be using any picks in the ND beyond pick 47.

I think you'll get "footsteps" in the PSD. I doubt we'll get anything of value for a guy deemed not good enough last year.

Poor ol Lance.

Smooooooth, Mr Errred.

enjoy him mate, you can have him via the draft. He'll fit in beautifully down at Tiger land.

Bit weird that Dimma is going against his stated policy of not recycling players, but hey, it's the Richmond way I guess.

Bachar can go from being a fringe player in a bottom 4 side to, well, being a fringe player in a bottom 4 side :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Bachar Houli wants out, to Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back