Back to being hated Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if it's been posted, but there's an article with Sharrod Wellingham with him saying talking about our ducking and how frustrating it is for other players.

To be honest, I thought this whole thing would have petered out by now. It seems to be growing by the week...
Here's said article

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/pies-prepare-for-duck-season/story-e6frf9ix-1226401157447

Sharrod needs to shut the **** up and win the football - they haven't played us this year so I'm not sure how much frustration we can be causing him.

The Fox Footy chanel did their bit for the Pies, reran and reran multiple shots of Eagles payers being taken high, asked Shaw what he thought, had some recording of someone bagging us out for ducking. Its a real shame when the media takes sides in a rivalry and beats up the issue.

I can feeel the hate swelling inside them!!!!!:D

I wish someone with balls like Dennis Commetti told them all they are a bunch of sooks. Trouble is, our most respected west australian football personality is bit of a turncoat, and sucks up to the vic scribes at every opportunity...

The Fox Footy chanel did their bit for the Pies, reran and reran multiple shots of Eagles payers being taken high, asked Shaw what he thought, had some recording of someone bagging us out for ducking. Its a real shame when the media takes sides in a rivalry and beats up the issue.

I can feeel the hate swelling inside them!!!!!:D

thats the thing, all of those were genuine free kicks. apparenly if u dont straighten, you are ducking. and the issue isnt that, but rather the lifting of the arms. whats actually going on and whats being said are two completely different issues. hope we get one or two early. it will get into collingwood's heads. we win.

to be fair, media beat up every issue in afl, its a long bow to suggest its something againt eagles. media will latch onto anything that will create headlines and discuss it forever. of course, if its your team, you will always take it more personally but coverage of this issue isnt anything more or anything less than other issues over the years.

Imagine this hypothetical in any match this season:

We are trailing by 3 points with seconds left, the ball is in out forward 50. Either Hams, the Selwoods, McGinnity or Shuey gets a free kick for being taken high. The siren goes. The player kicks the goal after the siren and wins us the game.

Victoria would go into a statewide riot.

Imagine this hypothetical in any match this season:

We are trailing by 3 points with seconds left, the ball is in out forward 50. Either Hams, the Selwoods, McGinnity or Shuey gets a free kick for being taken high. The siren goes. The player kicks the goal after the siren and wins us the game.

Victoria would go into a statewide riot.

And many, many, many lols would be had

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched the game on fox on Monday night and it made me more annoyed. The commentators bias is amazing, however only the judd and joseph decisions did they really think were dubious, the rest were all there. The free kick against kerr in the centre square was not unlike the joseph one and they didn't say a boo. I know I am biased but looking at the game I thought we were hard done by due to the throws by carlton plus Warnock not once going for the ball and either holding Cox and Naita or just jumping in to them and the ball goes behind him. There was also one where Gaff was bent over and Kreuzer charged at him and hit him around the shoulder/neck area and no free kick was paid.

There is many reasons identified by us why we get more free kicks but all they want to believe that it is bias by the umpiring fraternity due to crowd pressure.

Herald Sun web site is doing their best. a little article on Shuey .. Giving out the stats. 28 high frees paid in 10 games this year 15 more than any player blah blah. She's on boys

It's a bit funny really. You guys were a bit of a story with the frees and ducking and it could have gone real quite with just a run of the mill type game against Carlton... Except Jack goes. Hey look me I'm staging for a free kick big time( I know the replay shows his hand hitting his face etc but no one cares about that now.. They want blood). Plus it's Carlton and they have a bit of a pull about the place.

If I was an opposition coach I would be fanning the fires as well because you guys are good and you are also good tacklers.
See, some of them are smart and can see exactly what is going on here.;)

Another week another another conspiracy theory against west coast, its beyond a joke now.
We didn't duck this week but apparently we are throwing the ball now, must have been those vic umpires.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back to being hated Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back