Bad Fitness is no excuse

Remove this Banner Ad

Phillip Matera

Debutant
Mar 28, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
What has really annoyed me this year more then anything else.
More then our terrible skill and decision making.
More then our bad coaching.
More then our bad forward line and midfield

The absolute worse thing that's pissing me off is John Worsfold coming out this week and admitting that we have fitness concerns and it shown in all games we've played.

WTF happen at preseason training, weren't we the first one's on the track back in October. Did they just sit on there asses hoping that they were fit. Did they even run a lap. Seriously for this reason the coaches are to blame and the lot should be replaced at years end including Woosha.

You disappoint me people.
Here I am trying to make you a thread with meaning.
a thread with emotion
a thread with great taste
a thread that interesting.
and this is how you repay me.

Your forcing me to do this.

I Quit.:thumbsdown:

Dude..given it's around 5.30 in WA most of the people who would respond are probably on their commute home.

Relax give it time.

Could be lack of physical fitness but more than likely mental. I suspect the team has lost belief in the game plan and aren't putting in as a result.

Shannon hurn on 10 news said he dosnt think we have a fitness problem but it is more skill related, which is tireing the boys out.

i think youre quite funny or brave..in a sad way ;)..and was starting to feel sorry for you..so WTF..

what has been annoying me since reading that article..is that woosha has been flatly denying the fitness issue in past couple of weeks..and some of the players have refuted a fitness problem-in the press-as recently as a few days ago..now the coach wheels out this excuse, which is as lame as a 3 legged dog!...and who's to blame for this, the players?-hardly..more like the fitness coaches, as are the skills coaches..and ultimately the head coach..

and what have they been doing all preseason..

the excuses get lamer as the weeks go by..theres something going on,theres denial,theres club propaganda/facesaving spin or theres a club just not in touch with reality..as others have said.."blind freddy could see these problems"..fans have seen these problems..ive noticed a 3rd qtr fadeout all this season,esp.in bombers match..now the coach sees it???????

and i'm tired of hearing the club spin,and talking themselves up..they should take freo's example and shut the F@ck up,and let their playing do the talking, or knuckle down and do some hard graft at training etc,whatever it takes to get on track and at least play respectably..without building themselves up all the time..its starting to sound pathetic, and look tragic.

no problem with them being at the bottom-thats footy-but stop the bullsh@t.

I'm over it, we just aren't good enough in every single facet to compete for a full 4 quarters and really this low ebb reminds of 1999 and 2000.

It will take something like Judge getting tramped and a big clean out to fix that which is so broken at West Coast sadly.

You can't turn this season around and "without something being changed" we are destined for the same....quote me on that too btw.

But alas its the Eagles and as sure as $hit they will rise once again :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we do look underdone.

fitness is obviously taken very seriously by the clubs. training is geared from months and months out for teams to peak at various points during the season. we can't say for sure when our first 'peak' is supposed to be but i do know that last year we didn't look this far off the pace for as many weeks in a row.

there might be something in what hurn said about skills/turnovers making us do extra work. our skills were rubbish for much of last year though and i didn't notice our legs being affected as much.

We have won half of our first and second quarters, two of our third quarters and none of our last quarters. Hawthorn, West Coast and Adelaide have not won a last quarter, Richmond have won one.

Fitness could be a genuine issue, either that or a lack of spirit. I think its because we work so hard for no reward.. if you dont get reward for effort you will drop off. If the boys aernt fit enough though there skills will nose dive.

i think youre quite funny or brave..in a sad way ;)..and was starting to feel sorry for you..so WTF..

what has been annoying me since reading that article..is that woosha has been flatly denying the fitness issue in past couple of weeks..and some of the players have refuted a fitness problem-in the press-as recently as a few days ago..now the coach wheels out this excuse, which is as lame as a 3 legged dog!...and who's to blame for this, the players?-hardly..more like the fitness coaches, as are the skills coaches..and ultimately the head coach..

and what have they been doing all preseason..

the excuses get lamer as the weeks go by..theres something going on,theres denial,theres club propaganda/facesaving spin or theres a club just not in touch with reality..as others have said.."blind freddy could see these problems"..fans have seen these problems..ive noticed a 3rd qtr fadeout all this season,esp.in bombers match..now the coach sees it???????

and i'm tired of hearing the club spin,and talking themselves up..they should take freo's example and shut the F@ck up,and let their playing do the talking, or knuckle down and do some hard graft at training etc,whatever it takes to get on track and at least play respectably..without building themselves up all the time..its starting to sound pathetic, and look tragic.

I know! Broadbridge has been teaching the players on how to kick tennis balls, rocks and anything else that isn't a footy.

Sumich has been building sand castles.

Worsfold has been getting wristies off Hansen, Jones, Nicoski etc (that is why is why they're not delisted.

Shannon hurn on 10 news said he dosnt think we have a fitness problem but it is more skill related, which is tireing the boys out.

maybe whats making the boys tired is all that running around handballing in circles for no reward..the handbally keepy-off tactics are going nowhere,and take twice as much effort for half the score..the amazing new coaching strategy is whats making them tired..

Could be lack of physical fitness but more than likely mental. I suspect the team has lost belief in the game plan and aren't putting in as a result.
Also a belief in each other may be waning. It may take a surprise win, but with a bit of confidence, a few more younger players 2 or 3 instead of some of our less favourite elders, and we may turn our game plan into a success.
Maybe.
Excellent quote. Really has been a lot of spin and BS covering up the gaping gaps.
I know! Broadbridge has been teaching the players on how to kick tennis balls, rocks and anything else that isn't a footy.

Worsfold has been getting wristies off Hansen, Jones, Nicoski etc (that is why is why they're not delisted.
:D
I ROFLED lotz:)

I thought John was over this "playing his favorites" flaw he had back in 2008 but seems its just more of the same. Its obvious how Rosa keeps getting a game week in and week out --> His Pet.

what I want to know is when fremantle rebounded out of our forward 50 (mainly due to skill errors) how the hell were there 3-4 dockers play free in their forward 50 with our defenders no where to be seen.

It seems to me that the players have to work 2-3 times harder than the opposition just to be around par on the scoreboard at the half. Skills more than fitness I think.

what I want to know is when fremantle rebounded out of our forward 50 (mainly due to skill errors) how the hell were there 3-4 dockers play free in their forward 50 with our defenders no where to be seen.

zone didnt adjust

lack of midfield leadership and concentration.
Concentration drops with fatigue?

Remove this Banner Ad

Bad Fitness is no excuse

Remove this Banner Ad

Back