Trade Requested Bailey Smith [reportedly headed to Geelong]

Remove this Banner Ad

I can’t see a recruiter ever taking the view that there’s negligible difference in value between pick 11 and pick 25 in any draft. The trades made every single year bear that out.
I'm not saying negligible, just that the 6-7ish pick difference between 12-13 and 19-20 in this draft is worth the 2nd we'd chuck in

You do realise that the flow-on effect of "power to the players" is the players congregating at the biggest clubs. It's hardly as if the player power losses to clubs are evenly distributed.

I agree but he's right in that the aflpa and not the clubs themselves are the ones driving it.

Unfortunately he’s not the first or he won’t be the last player that screws over clubs. We lost Dawson for a packet of used Twisties because of this.

Whilst I recon two firsts is fair with something back so let’s say pick 20 plus (12-16 ish next year) seems fair with a swap in the second/third round to balance it. The swap going Cats way.

Geelong won't trade the future 1st it's too much risk for a player where we don't have to trade the future 1st. There will be other pick swaps but it won't involve that.

Must drafts i would say yes. This draft specifically i would say not a big difference. The pick is currently 17 with FA compo and unlikely any more FAZ band ones come through. Ashcroft and Lombard will get bids with an outside chance of Kako but I think unlikely. The pick will be 19 or 20 i think

Berry available at 12 would entice the Dogs.

Hannaford would be their next target and he’d be right around that 20 range, which was fine before band ones but now it’ll make them nervous holding Cats first.

Unfortunately he’s not the first or he won’t be the last player that screws over clubs. We lost Dawson for a packet of used Twisties because of this.

Whilst I recon two firsts is fair with something back so let’s say pick 20 plus (12-16 ish next year) seems fair with a swap in the second/third round to balance it. The swap going Cats way.

The twisties were USED? Christ that’s grim.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Bailey Smith [reportedly headed to Geelong]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back