Speculation Liam Baker [reportedly headed west]

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

Pretending like what happened last night didnt drastically lower Bakers trade value wont make it true im afraid

One man put his own ego ahead of the clubs trade amibitions and lowered everyones worth in 2 sentences.

That isnt warped. Its the truth
What did he say about Baker specifically?
I’m curious you were so invested in the Richmond B&F. It was an absolute snore fest.

But do enlighten us.

Geez a few Eagles posters have gone full nuff because our President patted a bloke on the back for staying loyal.

Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

Geez a few Eagles posters have gone full nuff because our President patted a bloke on the back for staying loyal.

Tigers fans dont understand how the world works is all im seeing.

If you walk up to two girls and are like "Hi Beth, you are looking lovely tonight, Stunning. Oh and Hi Stephanie How are you tonight" well Stephanie gonna be pissed.

Liam Baker is Stephanie in this scenario. He be pissed

Pretty poor comment from your club’s CEO.
You can’t lure guys like Lynch, Taranto, Hopper etc, some of who have been involved in flags and celebrate. Then, have guys wanting out and have a sook.

If Baker was a vengeful type he’d be at peace with Eagles now offering a F3.

Despite his speech, he probably has a bit more class.

They now also must get deals done. Shai and Rioli wouldn’t want to walk back into that.

Absolute turd burger speech.

I also think it’s an obvious indictment on the appointment of Yze.
People twist the narrative - ‘Bolton ran his own agenda’
Closer to the truth is you made a dud appointment in Yze when you had McQualter right there.
Baker and Graham nominated Eagles seconds after McQualter was confirmed.

Open your eyes Tigers! It’s right there in front of you.

Pretty poor comment from your club’s CEO.
You can’t lure guys like Lynch, Taranto, Hopper etc, some of who have been involved in flags and celebrate. Then, have guys wanting out and have a sook.

If Baker was a vengeful type he’d be at peace with Eagles now offering a F3.

Despite his speech, he probably has a bit more class.

They now also must get deals done. Shai and Rioli wouldn’t want to walk back into that.

Absolute turd burger speech.
President 😉

Full sook by saying how lucky we are to have a player recommit like Broad did? 😂

The person that came off looking worse off last night was Liam Baker for his pathetic speech after everything the club has given him.

Now hand over that pick 13 thanks 👍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The reality is that West Coast has convinced Liam Baker to chose it to play for moving forward. If it didn’t want to jeopardize rebuild, it frankly shouldn’t have gone after Baker. But it has so that discussion is frankly moot.

I'm not sure they have so much 'chased' Baker this season though unless I missed some things along the way.

Unless you're talking about the fact they have chased him in the past, but if so srsly that is a moot point.

Until a few days ago the talk has more been about Baker CHOOSING between Freo and West Coast BECAUSE he wants to return home, has it not?

I'd understand if we were talking about Graham this season. It seems him we have targeted and chased as a free agent.

President 😉

Full sook by saying how lucky we are to have a player recommit like Broad did? 😂

The person that came off looking worse off last night was Liam Baker for his pathetic speech after everything the club has given him.

Now hand over that pick 13 thanks 👍

We both know what he was doing. The fact he had to name a player is actually embarrassing. Having a 31 year old sign a 2 year extension as your example is funny stuff.

It’s amateurish at best.

I actually do hope WCE use 13 on Baker. I follow Freo.

Just pointing out this at best is nothing. At worst costs you at the trade table. There’s literally no reason to mention it, other than his feelings are hurt and he’s having a sook.

Yes, a sook.

West Aussies are up and about on a speech our CEO (heh) made at our clubs best and fairest.

But no one can tell me exactly what was said that was so shocking.

Are you dumb?

Why make a comment about someone staying and showing loyalty? It was another way of saying ‘To all the campaigners leaving, we don’t wish you well’

You only have to pass year 4 primary to understand that.

If you want to give a clip, do it AFTER deals.

Dumb speech. Dumb timing. Dumb supporters not understanding.

Are you dumb?

Why make a comment about someone staying and showing loyalty? It was another way of saying ‘To all the campaigners leaving, we don’t wish you well’

You only have to pass year 4 primary to understand that.

If you want to give a clip, do it AFTER deals.

Dumb speech. Dumb timing. Dumb supporters not understanding.
So our prez praised a player that’s shown loyalty in a tough year where we finished last. To a supporter group and club that is disappointed in their performance and wanted some form of positivity.

And he didn’t mention anyone leaving. And no one by name.

Geez, what a clip.

I know some kids today are pretty sheltered but if you think that’s a clip, you have lived quite a nice coddly little life with mummy and daddy protecting you from the ‘big bad world’.

Baker wouldn’t have given a shit about the comment about Broad. It’s only the wallflowers out west who think it’s so heinous.

So our prez praised a player that’s shown loyalty in a tough year where we finished last. To a supporter group and club that is disappointed in their performance and wanted some form of positivity.

And he didn’t mention anyone leaving. And no one by name.

Geez, what a clip.

I know some kids today are pretty sheltered but if you think that’s a clip, you have lived quite a nice coddly little life with mummy and daddy protecting you from the ‘big bad world’.

Baker wouldn’t have given a shit about the comment about Broad. It’s only the wallflowers out west who think it’s so heinous.

So, you are dumb?

Intelligent response as usual Cobbler.
When you can’t have a rational conversation, play the man.

I’m unsure how to respond when it’s bleeding obvious what he was INFERRING to.

If you wish to think his comments were very literal… well, like I said. Dumb.

Will it cost? Highly likely no, because I’m sure deals have been somewhat sorted in principle. Doesn’t alter the fact it was poor words, poor timing. There’s a thousand ways to project positivity in a speech.

Yet, he chooses to name a player staying when they could’ve gone home as his example? In a year when there’s a bunch of players seeking trades?? You don’t think it’s correlated???

Eagles posters?
Your presidents speech is being interpreted as a swipe at the departing players by AFL's trade wrap, on SEN, in articles by the Herald Sun, 7NEWS as well as half a dozen other publications.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Liam Baker [reportedly headed west]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back