Trade Requested Bailey Smith [reportedly headed to Geelong]

Remove this Banner Ad

Look we are all just keyboard warriors here.. But me personally, if we only got him for this years 1st round which will approx pick 20, gee we have won that deal ..
But we definitely have to give up more for him.

My personal view it will be 1st round pick and a 2nd round pick

So let me get this straight, you're all fuming and tying yourselves in knots on a 4-5 selection upgrade?

Bit of a dumb take. If pick 20 is close enough to 12, why not pick 23 then. Or 25. 30’s not that much further back either, that’s probably fine.

Teams have paid good second round picks to get 1-2 pick upgrades in that range of the first round. If the Cats 2nd is good enough to move their first up to one that is actually around 10-12 then they should do that no worries and come back to us.

Just replying to a Bulldogs supporter whining about being bent over.

Haha JFC they’re not even remotely similar. Treloar was a salary dump of a player your club forced to leave against his will… and you still ended up with pick 14.

I hope the Dogs make Geelong pay up for him. Smith has disrespected their club for far too long. Dogs deserve some compensation and Geelong act like saints at the trade table but really they are clever grubs. When the shoe is on the other foot they set unreasonable demands.
This is coming from a brown paper bagger supporter

Bit of a dumb take. If pick 20 is close enough to 12, why not pick 23 then. Or 25. 30’s not that much further back either, that’s probably fine.

Teams have paid good second round picks to get 1-2 pick upgrades in that range of the first round. If the Cats 2nd is good enough to move their first up to one that is actually around 10-12 then they should do that no worries and come back to us.

Haha JFC they’re not even remotely similar. Treloar was a salary dump of a player your club forced to leave against his will… and you still ended up with pick 14.
Yeah but let's work on adding value to that pick. Most trade scenarios put forward by your supporters say it's maybe 25% too little so we need to get double or more

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just replying to a Bulldogs supporter whining about being bent over.

I can really see Bulldogs letting Smith go to preseason or the national draft and Smith ends up somewhere else simply because Geelong have nothing to give

Am I jumping for joy because RFC has pick one in preseason?? well we probably pick him up there if he went there but we are in a build/development phase so we could play him in the twos and think nothing of it so he could go through the national draft and other clubs pick him up before Geelong,

draftees for RFC are obviously more important for RFC

Yeah but let's work on adding value to that pick. Most trade scenarios put forward by your supporters say it's maybe 25% too little so we need to get double or more

The most ambitious calls are two firsts with a second going out and I don’t think that’s double really. It’s closer to a 50% increase. And it’s limited by what the Cats have to offer.

Honestly think if Geelong don't pay up the draft is a real threat here. Power won't cave in and given Smith being an utter flog of late then there's no desire to help him
agree and I say that neutrally because really RFC is more interested in draftees surely than a primed Bailey Smith currently that does not suit our current premiership windows frankly

North would be more interested in picking up Bailey Smith because their build is more advanced, but would the Crows pick him up??? Melbourne could at 5 maybe especially if they want a crack at 2025. Maybe it is what they need to turn out of the Oliver/Petracca mess

The most ambitious calls are two firsts with a second going out and I don’t think that’s double really. It’s closer to a 50% increase. And it’s limited by what the Cats have to offer.

I guess my view is probably shaded by what I would select if I was the cats. If I selected the 12th or 13th name I'd choose Bo Allen and he's probably there at pick 25 regardless because the draft is so deep. Someone will want a Whitlock in the teens while the other goes in the late 20s and there's not much between them. Sam Marshall best on in the futures match, and not that he's available but he'd go in the 20s.

The difference between the guy selected at 11 and 25 for me is just noise though I understand others may disagree

So let me get this straight, you're all fuming and tying yourselves in knots on a 4-5 selection upgrade?
That's probably 10 picks once you factor in FA compo, FS and academy bids.

This always ends up the same way - despite what people whinge about in relation to Geelong 'low-balling'.

The Cats will gather some more picks that won't exactly be what the Doggies want, but the best realistic deal.

It will take a few days to sort out.

In the interim, Doggies fans will (understandably) flood this board with demands for two first round picks, a first round pick and Shannon Neale, or SDK. They'll make irrelevant comparisons to other trades (if x is worth y, then Smith is worth z ... and a ... and b)

And when the deal is done, both sets of fans will claim they've had a win.

This always ends up the same way - despite what people whinge about in relation to Geelong 'low-balling'.

The Cats will gather some more picks that won't exactly be what the Doggies want, but the best realistic deal.

It will take a few days to sort out.

In the interim, Doggies fans will (understandably) flood this board with demands for two first round picks, a first round pick and Shannon Neale, or SDK. They'll make irrelevant comparisons to other trades (if x is worth y, then Smith is worth z ... and a ... and b)

And when the deal is done, both sets of fans will claim they've had a win.

has been done before Nick Stevens to CFC.

I think many sympathetic to Bulldogs and Smith is not appealing in his behaviour. I think some clubs would pick him up but for Smith's character

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Bailey Smith [reportedly headed to Geelong]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back