Speculation Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

If i were geelong, i know smith is only 23 turning 24 i think, i would take as many picks in draft right now before tassie come in.

Hawks and pies for me, wouldng be surprised if pies got him

Smith will be the main midfield man in Geelong which may be the major interest for him.

I do wonder though how Geelong have looked the last 7 weeks may see players lose interest in Geelong as they don't look a consistent top 4/8 team going forward
When you have a bad midfield everything looks bad. The bookends are good though, we just need to stop burning them with a poor midfield

Cheers
And what would you think Smith is worth in a trade

It’s hard to say. The ladder position for his nominated club is going to be interesting. It’s such a fine line.

Something 6-9 and we probably gotta give something back.

I think a pick between 10-14 is probably fair at this stage.

Picks 15+ I think are unders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s hard to say. The ladder position for his nominated club is going to be interesting. It’s such a fine line.

Something 6-9 and we probably gotta give something back.

I think a pick between 10-14 is probably fair at this stage.

Picks 15+ I think are unders.
That's about where I have him. 10-14 is about right.

If i were geelong, i know smith is only 23 turning 24 i think, i would take as many picks in draft right now before tassie come in.

Hawks and pies for me, wouldng be surprised if pies got him

We are stocked with kids, that’s what we’ve been doing the last 3 years. Drafting a lot of young blokes.

The problem isn’t guys under 23 and it isn’t experience with guys 29 and older, it’s the gulf sized gap between 24-28 year olds we don’t have

We are stocked with kids, that’s what we’ve been doing the last 3 years. Drafting a lot of young blokes.

The problem isn’t guys under 23 and it isn’t experience with guys 29 and older, it’s the gulf sized gap between 24-28 year olds we don’t have
It's amazing that people still can't grasp that.

I get that we all follow our own clubs so closely that we leave little room for what everyone else is doing...but the same lines over and over get old pretty quickly.

Fast forward the ages of SDK, Holmes, Bruhn, Henry, Dempsey, Neale, Clark, Conway, O'Sullivan etc to 25-26 and we'd be fine right now.

Unfortunately, you can't do that...so all we can do is bring in players around that age group to steady the ship until those guys develop.

Guys like Smith are perfect in that they're in that prime age range, while still being young enough to be around for the next tilt.

It's amazing that people still can't grasp that.

I get that we all follow our own clubs so closely that we leave little room for what everyone else is doing...but the same lines over and over get old pretty quickly.

Fast forward the ages of SDK, Holmes, Bruhn, Henry, Dempsey, Neale, Clark, Conway, O'Sullivan etc to 25-26 and we'd be fine right now.

Unfortunately, you can't do that...so all we can do is bring in players around that age group to steady the ship until those guys develop.

Guys like Smith are perfect in that they're in that prime age range, while still being young enough to be around for the next tilt.
It depends on if they are all the right pieces. Not sold on a few of those yet especially as they will need to move into bigger roles.

It depends on if they are all the right pieces. Not sold on a few of those yet especially as they will need to move into bigger roles.
I think the point is they'll be fine role players but we need ready made players to go into bigger roles. Good players for those roles are hard to find but we only need a couple.

No probs - all the best with your mail.

Yeah I get people come in with rumours that are basically baseless.
But you’ve been here pretty much from the get go and you’ve basically been in on him going to the Cats for a while but also on what the Dogs were offering him to stay.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out. Anyone who says he isn’t worth it is kidding themselves.

You're right, we don't know for certain...but that's the same with every young group of players.

What we do know is those names - amongst others - aren't experienced or mature enough to carry a side to premiership contention by themselves, and won't be for some time.

In the meantime, we need to bridge that gap with players who are closer to their prime football years, with the goal of having a core of players who have developed together ready to peak in 3-5 years.

I had a good source from within the dogs (a player sponsor) in March say that he’s preferring the cats and that the cats are offering the most money.
Oh that explains it, I thought our club was trying to conceal their interest.
Clearly Geelong told us to back off.

Oh that explains it, I thought our club was trying to conceal their interest.
Clearly Geelong told us to back off.
Oh that article? Did you go back and watch the passage of the show where landsberger says the actual talking point that the entire article is based on?

Pies players told to stop putting photos on social media of them partying with an oppo player who isn't playing this year and won't be tested for recreational drugs, with a history of recreational drug use. You don't need some trade scenario to explain why Collingwood would ask them not to take photos.

I don't know where he ends up, he may well end up at the Pies, but that article specifically is baseless.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back