Speculation Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

If that's the case then that's not the worst thing.

Geelong could do a quick rebuild by shipping out a few players for top picks.

But unfortunately you guys have a coach by the name of scott who said 'bottoming, nah, no gonna happen...'

It's going to topping up with free agents like smith to maintain geelong in the top 8 or just outside of it.

Smith for a start isn’t a free agent.

Secondly, I’m not sure we have many players suitable for trading that would bring us much value at the trade table other than perhaps Stengle.

I think most Cats fans are pretty realistic as to where we are at. We’ve enjoyed a terrific last 18 years so to endure a bit of pain for a few years isn’t the worst scenario. Hopefully we can identify some good young talent and be back in 3-4 years.

Respectfully, if you’re going to include top 25 picks from the prior 5 drafts that the Cats traded in, unsure why you wouldn’t include top 25 picks we traded in for Wingard, Impey and Mitchell

I was comparing Geelong in 2024 (before we might be getting Smith) to Hawthorn in 2016 (before they got Mitchell and O'Meara) and Richmond in 2022 (before they got Hopper and Taranto).

None of Wingard, Mitchell or Impey were on your list in 2016.

Can’t wait to see the back of him. Players like him who think they can dictate what position they play and then have a sook and skip games when it suits them are not worth it. Beware hawks and cats more trouble than he’s worth.

It's alright, neither two teams will get a massive boost from him so it won't be a 'steal' type get as both team has fallen into the trap of midtable quagmire in their quest to top up and stay competitive and in the case of hawthorn, 'accelerate' rebuild...which doesn't exist.

I was comparing Geelong in 2024 (before we might be getting Smith) to Hawthorn in 2016 (before they got Mitchell and O'Meara) and Richmond in 2022 (before they got Hopper and Taranto).

None of Wingard, Mitchell or Impey were on your list in 2016.
Also Mitchell isn't anymore and wingard is a soft tissue from retirement

Can’t wait to see the back of him. Players like him who think they can dictate what position they play and then have a sook and skip games when it suits them are not worth it. Beware hawks and cats more trouble than he’s worth.

I'd back our ability to bring people in with our good culture to keep him on the right path.
We have a pretty damn good track record.

Back this week isn't he? Good player deserves a decent send off this year
Think he's still getting match fitness in the twos but came off with a calf niggle in the last match he played. Think we'll definitely try and get him back especially if there's a sniff of finals.

Turning 31 this year and OOC. Had multiple opportunities to leave in the past few years but wanted to stay. If we offer him another contract it won't be much at all.

He would have been a perfect pickup for say Carlton or Collingwood last year, I wouldn't be surprised if they have another nibble this year offering more $$ than us.

Think he's still getting match fitness in the twos but came off with a calf niggle in the last match he played. Think we'll definitely try and get him back especially if there's a sniff of finals.

Turning 31 this year and OOC. Had multiple opportunities to leave in the past few years but wanted to stay. If we offer him another contract it won't be much at all.

He would have been a perfect pickup for say Carlton or Collingwood last year, I wouldn't be surprised if they have another nibble this year offering more $$ than us.
Yeah, I think his body is just spent. Shame, he's pulled some truly mercurial moments out

Fox Footy now parroting the CatAttack podcast rumour that Bailey was looking at housing in Bellbrae.
BF Poster on Cats board said he's already put an offer down on a house which i mean...we would need to confirm that its actually happened but that's a lonnnnnnnng way to drive to go to training at Waverley/Dingley or AIA Centre

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fox Footy now parroting the CatAttack podcast rumour that Bailey was looking at housing in Bellbrae.
BF Poster on Cats board said he's already put an offer down on a house which i mean...we would need to confirm that its actually happened but that's a lonnnnnnnng way to drive to go to training at Waverley/Dingley or AIA Centre
Long way to drive to Dingley no matter where you live.

Hard to be looking at a house in Bellbrea while in Greece.

Hasn't been in Bellbrae

Genuine rubbish, came from some bloke who call up KRock
Wasn't a caller. Ben Casanelia just said he was a connection who was not in the football industry and implied to be in the real estate industry in the region. Who knows if true.

Hard to be looking at a house in Bellbrea while in Greece.
Reportedly looked at it before he left.

Who knows if the report is true

Wasn't a caller. Ben Casanelia just said he was a connection who was not in the football industry and implied to be in the real estate industry in the region. Who knows if true.

Reportedly looked at it before he left.

Who knows if the report is true
While I can appreciate your points

The whole “he looked at it before” came post any of this report

And Scott Gullan has latched onto it as an exclusive

Mitch Clark and jack steven say hello
Seriously? Mitch Clark was really good in his short time at the Cats. He retired due to mental health issues.
The man was struggling and playing footy wasn’t helping him, that has nothing to do with any club, he had those issues wherever he went.

Steven came in out of shape and struggling with his marriage breakup.
Cats gave him a shot and he retired shortly after.

Neither of those things constitute bad culture? What a dumb comparison.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back