Ballarat FL 2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We lost the first final but compared to sunbury player payments its 150K difference in our player payments to theirs to win one final. Our strong juniors got a taste of senior finals footy. Watch out in the coming years as our home grown develop

Sunbury do not pay anywhere near what you people think they pay and if you look at their list this year 90% of players are local guys who played juniors at the club or nearby clubs

North City to beat the Sunbury mercenaries by 10 goals in a cold blustery day at the Darley sewer. Things to watch for will be the tincans rattling to raise money for the sunbury mercenaries trip to las vegas and who has more teeth, darley ferals or sunbury supporters

Grand final will be much closer and depend on the weather with north city's pace a concern for redan. Redan will finally get their coaches tried out in a big game with Robbie Waters a great tactical coach

Will KA ever show his face at a sunbury game? James Kerr where are you?

North City to beat the Sunbury mercenaries by 10 goals in a cold blustery day at the Darley sewer. Things to watch for will be the tincans rattling to raise money for the sunbury mercenaries trip to las vegas and who has more teeth, darley ferals or sunbury supporters

Grand final will be much closer and depend on the weather with north city's pace a concern for redan. Redan will finally get their coaches tried out in a big game with Robbie Waters a great tactical coach

GO SUNBURY. 99% of the Ballarat football community are behind you.

How are you holding up oral69? Its been a sad couple of months for you. Thought you would have more on your plate then be on here stirring the pot

Surely you are too old Jamesy and have better things to do than get on the internet stiring up rubbish. You sound like you are 10 years old but we all know who you are, grow up mate, Ballarat are out, find a hobby till next year.

Sunbury into the Grand Final - you certainly know your football dopey.

As for Ballarat they have a meeting next thursday with the league in regard to racking up a massive debt. 3 quarters of players have not been paid from half way through the year. The Ballarat Football League will help them however they will have to go into recession for the the 2012 year. They offered massive contracts that they could not financially commit too and now the coach was walked and will be coaching a CHFL club next year and the alot of the Ballarat players will follow him.

Anyone thinking of playing with the Swans next season should now look elsewhere and all Ballarat clubs should be be speaking with current Swans players to get them across to play for them in 2012.

Don't let the door hit you on the a$rse on the way out Ballarat.

Have not watched much BFL footy, however I did watch the game at Eastern Oval between Redan and Sunbury last week.

Out of curiosity, how would this ground compare in terms of size and dimension to Darley football ground? From my perspective, I would have thought Eastern would be a fair bit narrower and around the same length but am happy to be proven wrong.

Also, do the ground sizes differ much or are the generally all quite large and wide?

Cheers

Sunbury into the Grand Final - you certainly know your football dopey.

As for Ballarat they have a meeting next thursday with the league in regard to racking up a massive debt. 3 quarters of players have not been paid from half way through the year. The Ballarat Football League will help them however they will have to go into recession for the the 2012 year. They offered massive contracts that they could not financially commit too and now the coach was walked and will be coaching a CHFL club next year and the alot of the Ballarat players will follow him.

Anyone thinking of playing with the Swans next season should now look elsewhere and all Ballarat clubs should be be speaking with current Swans players to get them across to play for them in 2012.

Don't let the door hit you on the a$rse on the way out Ballarat.

Well thats some pretty good gossip if it is true Old Fella, somehow i couldn't see a bloke of Northey's reputation and quality going to the CHFL if the Ballarat lads know he is available though, however stranger things have happened so time will be the best judge, all the same if proven to be true then CHFL have scooped a major drawcard for players.

Well thats some pretty good gossip if it is true Old Fella, somehow i couldn't see a bloke of Northey's reputation and quality going to the CHFL if the Ballarat lads know he is available though, however stranger things have happened so time will be the best judge, all the same if proven to be true then CHFL have scooped a major drawcard for players.

Hutchinson is the coach snake & is already rumored to be talking to hepburn. Sewell is coaching newlyn. So he will take a few players with him.

at 3/4 time yesterday, the game was there for the taking, only 15 pts the difference. Unlike coach Waters, I thought the pressure was on both sides, not just sunba, and as the result showed, 1 side responded, the other side buckled like marshmellows over an open fire.

any wonder Nth City are about as popular as a pig farm in Israel with all other BFL sides - roped off huddles at 1/4 & 3/4 time - what's that about ? Is Mick Malthouse in charge down there now ? People go to local footy to get close to the action, listen to coaches, etc. etc. Nth City do all BFL fans a disservice by this elitist attitide.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

at 3/4 time yesterday, the game was there for the taking, only 15 pts the difference. Unlike coach Waters, I thought the pressure was on both sides, not just sunba, and as the result showed, 1 side responded, the other side buckled like marshmellows over an open fire.

any wonder Nth City are about as popular as a pig farm in Israel with all other BFL sides - roped off huddles at 1/4 & 3/4 time - what's that about ? Is Mick Malthouse in charge down there now ? People go to local footy to get close to the action, listen to coaches, etc. etc. Nth City do all BFL fans a disservice by this elitist attitide.....

Listening to the game on the radio, seemed like Sunbury ran the game out the best. Their run and carry was non-existent the week before so they would be focussing on bringing that form into the GF, particularly against the bigger bodied Redan.

Sunbury have never paid what everyone thinks, but, hopefully they will win this year's GF and then move to the EDFL, which they should have done years ago!!! Amen.

No discussion on here about GF

I reckon Redan will win and the big ruckman from Redanfor BOG

Will Cheep play?- if he does might be a bit underdone, but is still a quality player and would have to be watched closely.

Interesting selection for both teams

Good weather predicted, so should be a big crowd, you would hope

No discussion on here about GF

I reckon Redan will win and the big ruckman from Redanfor BOG

Will Cheep play?- if he does might be a bit underdone, but is still a quality player and would have to be watched closely.

Interesting selection for both teams

Good weather predicted, so should be a big crowd, you would hope

i am on the sunbury bandwagon! coach horwood said at the presser if cheep plays there will be 2 changes with nialll mcgovern coming back in aswell! there will be 2 disapointed players after training thurs night i reckon! could we have a derek kickett type situation on our hands? good luck sunbury i hope you reverse the semi final result!!!! and hopefully you get a much better run with the umpires than the crap you had to put up with last saturday(espically from umpire number 11 who might aswell of been wearing a north city jumper)

Whats this rumour floating around about east point playing an unregistered player or something in the 2s on the weekend??? surprised the darley people arent on here talking about it. Didnt the same thing happen a few years ago in the u/18s???

anyone know the story?

Whats this rumour floating around about east point playing an unregistered player or something in the 2s on the weekend??? surprised the darley people arent on here talking about it. Didnt the same thing happen a few years ago in the u/18s???

anyone know the story?

Tom Blackford has played the whole finals series in the 2nds (gun senior player and interleague representive). He was listed on the team sheet v’s the Marsh during the H & A season, but was not even at the ground. He is not qualified, but the league did not have enough evidence to do anything apparently.

No point complaining, its 2nds football after all. Imagine the uproar if an Eastern team tried to cheat like that.

Hopefully we see a cracking game between Redan and Sunba this week.

i am on the sunbury bandwagon! coach horwood said at the presser if cheep plays there will be 2 changes with nialll mcgovern coming back in aswell! there will be 2 disapointed players after training thurs night i reckon! could we have a derek kickett type situation on our hands? good luck sunbury i hope you reverse the semi final result!!!! and hopefully you get a much better run with the umpires than the crap you had to put up with last saturday(espically from umpire number 11 who might aswell of been wearing a north city jumper)

Blaming the umpires again... u obviously know as a team ur scared of a lose and looking for a reason before the game... if they were the best umpires in the country they would be doing afl... like the sunbury and redan players, they all make mistakes.. lets hope they are in redan favour though:D

Blaming the umpires again... u obviously know as a team ur scared of a lose and looking for a reason before the game... if they were the best umpires in the country they would be doing afl... like the sunbury and redan players, they all make mistakes.. lets hope they are in redan favour though:D
no need to hope mate, they are more biased for Redan than any of the Ballarat clubs

Good luck to Sunba, you will need it

Have just finished watching the live feed via the broadcast. When the commentator said on a number of occasions the umpire (one in particular) was a cheat, you've got a huge problem. When he then even went as far to say that he obviously had his money on Redan, well BFL you have an even much bigger problem. I hope Sunbury get a copy of the footage - that shows the very obvious one sided decisions and do something about it. This has been going on since Sunbury went to the BFL, hopefully this will be the death nail and they'll move leagues. Great GF by two great teams, shame is was once again spoilt by very dubious umpiring, that was very one sided.

Have just finished watching the live feed via the broadcast. When the commentator said on a number of occasions the umpire (one in particular) was a cheat, you've got a huge problem. When he then even went as far to say that he obviously had his money on Redan, well BFL you have an even much bigger problem. I hope Sunbury get a copy of the footage - that shows the very obvious one sided decisions and do something about it. This has been going on since Sunbury went to the BFL, hopefully this will be the death nail and they'll move leagues. Great GF by two great teams, shame is was once again spoilt by very dubious umpiring, that was very one sided.

Didnt take long

I also watched the feed.... was the most biased 'commentary' you would here...every quick handball he called a throw...
so hardly would take anything that peanut said seriously

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back