Ballarat Football League 2009 (part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For what it's worth I think Surge has the list and enough A grade players to take Sunbury back to the top, I will be watching with a keen interest at the Lions results and wish the club all the success in the world this season.

Rumour has it Sunbury are yet to sign a lot of their local boys due to paying so much on so called gun recruits?.. Another team is in discussions with two or three unsigned Sunbury senior boys if my sources are correct and im pretty sure they are...

Anyone heard of sunba's latest signing someone king ?
Hasnt played since under 10's but apparently showed a truckload of talent, could be the icing on the cake for sunba's premiership aspirations

I think it's easy for blokes to sit behind a computer screen and shit can the club they support but these same blokes have done nothing for the club and will continue to be professional behind the fence stragglers.

For what it's worth I think Surge has the list and enough A grade players to take Sunbury back to the top, I will be watching with a keen interest at the Lions results and wish the club all the success in the world this season.

what club will you be taking for a ride this year tige19?
Still jumping on the highest bidders bandwagon ?

what club will you be taking for a ride this year tige19?
Still jumping on the highest bidders bandwagon ?

Highest bidder?? I can barely get a kick these days, I feel like I'm 25 going on 40... not to many bidders out there pal, will be playing footy for a bit of a fun this year.

Thanks for your concern though nerd.

Highest bidder?? I can barely get a kick these days, I feel like I'm 25 going on 40... not to many bidders out there pal, will be playing footy for a bit of a fun this year.

Thanks for your concern though nerd.

Can anyongive me an insight on STEVE NICHOLSON from REDAN has signed at tatyoon in the mininera but is yet to be seen at training.whats his attributes and weaknessess.

Can anyongive me an insight on STEVE NICHOLSON from REDAN has signed at tatyoon in the mininera but is yet to be seen at training.whats his attributes and weaknessess.

good goal kicker. famously kicked a goal from a long way out after the siren to get redan into a grand final _ and then was dropped for the granny (2006?) if i remember correctly. good bloke to have around the club from all accounts.

The Courier is reporting that all senior games will be recorded this season and can be used in the tribunal, the article is here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't know where you got your info from Beton but Nicholson has been training a couple of times but he has cricket comittments at this stage like most of the Taty boys.

Trial-by-video arrives in BFL

BALLARAT Football League players beware: trial-by-video has arrived.
The league has confirmed a deal with a Geelong-based company which will provide video footage of every senior match in 2010.
While the purpose of the initiative is to capture BFL senior matches, which will be shaped into a 10-minute weekly highlights package for its new website, and give clubs the chance to review games throughout the season, the
flow-on effect means that the Ballarat Central Independent Tribunal will be able to call on replays to help make rulings.
Clubs would also have the opportunity to view replays of an incident before deciding their course of action.
RegionalOne BFL chief executive officer Rod Ward said the footage would prove an important tool in the judicial process. "Our tribunal is highly trained and does a great job. We think they're probably the premier tribunal in the state,'' Ward said.
"But this is just going to make their job easier.
"We think it is going to help clubs and the tribunal in their decision-making process.''
But Ward said the system wouldn't be flawless.
"There is only one camera at the grounds, so it's not going to be perfect,'' he said.
The cost of the project is largely subsidised by the BFL, but clubs will be required to pay $75 per week, entitling it to a DVD of the match.
"Coaches and umpires will find it fantastic for training,'' he said.
"It was tabled at our October meeting and voted on at our annual general meeting and overwhelmingly it was supported (by clubs).
"The BFL and the clubs have committed to 12 months, and we will review its success at the end of the year and determine where we go after that.''
This year's BFL interleague clash, on May 22, and grand final day will be streamed live to the new website, allowing supporters anywhere in the world to log on and view the action.
The BFL will launch the new website in four weeks, which will be a customised version of its current SportingPulse site. This will allow the league to set up a weekly BFL footy show, which will be recorded on Tuesdays and available on the website on Wednesdays. The show will feature panel members and special guests, who will recap the previous week's matches and take a look at the fixtures ahead.
"We think it's going to be a leading-edge website for grass roots sport," Ward said.
BFL players, sponsors and registered partners will be kept up to date with match results via SMS this season.
In a new deal with Red TxT, messages containing final BFL scores and an updated ladder will be sent direct to mobile phones about 6pm on Saturday nights. The service is free of charge to the league and recipients.

Still trying to contain my laughter at the comment in bold, surely he can't be serious.

I think he meant to say is "They are a bunch of power hungry hacks who have no idea and are blatant cheats and frauds"

Trial-by-video arrives in BFL

BALLARAT Football League players beware: trial-by-video has arrived.
The league has confirmed a deal with a Geelong-based company which will provide video footage of every senior match in 2010.
While the purpose of the initiative is to capture BFL senior matches, which will be shaped into a 10-minute weekly highlights package for its new website, and give clubs the chance to review games throughout the season, the
flow-on effect means that the Ballarat Central Independent Tribunal will be able to call on replays to help make rulings.
Clubs would also have the opportunity to view replays of an incident before deciding their course of action.
RegionalOne BFL chief executive officer Rod Ward said the footage would prove an important tool in the judicial process. "Our tribunal is highly trained and does a great job. We think they're probably the premier tribunal in the state,'' Ward said.
"But this is just going to make their job easier.
"We think it is going to help clubs and the tribunal in their decision-making process.''
But Ward said the system wouldn't be flawless.
"There is only one camera at the grounds, so it's not going to be perfect,'' he said.
The cost of the project is largely subsidised by the BFL, but clubs will be required to pay $75 per week, entitling it to a DVD of the match.
"Coaches and umpires will find it fantastic for training,'' he said.
"It was tabled at our October meeting and voted on at our annual general meeting and overwhelmingly it was supported (by clubs).
"The BFL and the clubs have committed to 12 months, and we will review its success at the end of the year and determine where we go after that.''
This year's BFL interleague clash, on May 22, and grand final day will be streamed live to the new website, allowing supporters anywhere in the world to log on and view the action.
The BFL will launch the new website in four weeks, which will be a customised version of its current SportingPulse site. This will allow the league to set up a weekly BFL footy show, which will be recorded on Tuesdays and available on the website on Wednesdays. The show will feature panel members and special guests, who will recap the previous week's matches and take a look at the fixtures ahead.
"We think it's going to be a leading-edge website for grass roots sport," Ward said.
BFL players, sponsors and registered partners will be kept up to date with match results via SMS this season.
In a new deal with Red TxT, messages containing final BFL scores and an updated ladder will be sent direct to mobile phones about 6pm on Saturday nights. The service is free of charge to the league and recipients.

Still trying to contain my laughter at the comment in bold, surely he can't be serious.

I think he meant to say is "They are a bunch of power hungry hacks who have no idea and are blatant cheats and frauds"

congrats are in order for this being the worst footy thread of all. or maybe its just the league. going by the thread and attendance at the gf last year it could be both

Did anyone head down to the sunbury intraclub on friday and see how all the new recruits went or can anyone give a rundown.

According to the Geelong Football League thread Redan and East Point lost their practice games, but there was no other real information. It is probably not a great sign for the Inter League match though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back