Ballarat Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was told that Melton played an intra club match last weekend and struggled to have a player over 6 ft.

you were told wrong only 1 foward line player under 6ft, all of the back line over 6ft add the 3 ruck men and 2 wings thats 16 men over 6ft all things looking just fine at the bloods, top 4 not just a dream

With all these teams playing full scale praccy matches this weekend, what does it mean for the round robin competition? It seems that as every year passes, the more of a joke this day is becoming. I am lead to believe that with the Marsh playing on Sat, that they will be fielding their U18's at Eastern Oval on the Sunday.

Any of you Chicken and Seafood Kings interested in fielding a team? :p

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=314342

Regional Leagues Fantasy Footy League?

Seeking interest in players for a Regional Leagues fantasy footy comp.

This is a) not real footy and b) not pick-a-team-of-AFL-players footy. Its even lazier!

All you do is express interest, I'll do the rest via QOOTY, a crappy random aussie rules simulator I created years ago and have been trying to bring up to speed. FAQs here : http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75728

I'll try to collate a league of teams that are representative of the more popular local leagues here, so I need raised hands from the posters. I won't make up any names, I won't allow any sudden new arrivals.

So either post here or PM me if you want your Bigfooty alter-ego registered for a team.

Hopefully we can turn some rivalries into some even more potent partnerships!

I'll probably aim for starting the season, say, end of next week. I MAY have to be an inflexible prick with okaying a team and treating latecomers.

For this season, hopefully the inaugural season of an ongoing league, all we need are 20 players per team. There is already a Fantasy league, more closely based on the AFL clubs, at Bigfooty, here : http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30 - its into its 7th season and has developed a bit of history! There is also another league at another footy forum site, this year with only 3 teams but had been as strong as 5 clubs in its 3 year tenure.

So get in touch if you're interested. Remember you don't have to do anything apart from dob your Bigfooty nickname in for a spot. Please tell me which club/league of regional footy you would prefer to be aligned with (please state both).

We'll see how we go. If it doesn't happen, ah well, if it happens later than I hope ... I'll still give it a burl.

Onward lads! ...

With all these teams playing full scale praccy matches this weekend, what does it mean for the round robin competition? It seems that as every year passes, the more of a joke this day is becoming. I am lead to believe that with the Marsh playing on Sat, that they will be fielding their U18's at Eastern Oval on the Sunday.
Pretty spot on there 19th. The Marsh are fielding a team made up of reserves and u/18 players and also a few senior/reserves fringe players that Dion wants to have more of a look at.

Pretty spot on there 19th. The Marsh are fielding a team made up of reserves and u/18 players and also a few senior/reserves fringe players that Dion wants to have more of a look at.

Well I am umpiring the game ballarat vs bacchus marsh. Now that I know that piece of info, I reckon that the marsh will get done.

So what your trying to say is they are going to field the same side they fielded for 18 rounds last year. The couple of new blokes they have picked up will be able to sit and watch just how bad they were, and hopefully Dion will be able to workout who the best of the crap is.

Fair call FFAT, what is the word on the marsh, heard so much over summer, picked heaps up, then lost a few, now looking like being same as always, is that right?
Looks like most sides fielding ordinary sides for the lightning premiership, anyone know if you get fined for it? The BFL wouldnt be happy running a reserve/under 18 lightning premiership.
Redan playing North Shore this weekend, should be a better indication as to where the redanies are at as they prepare for their title defence.

news around town is melton bloods have a all new look team in '07' with a young group taking the field this year anybody heard much about them ??

Everybody see the write up on the BFL in todays herald sun? ... Definatley worth having a look if you havent already seen, about 10 pages in

does anyone know of the unders18s from last year who are stepping up to 1sts this yr

Jackson cheep, played at rupertswood last year and has moved over to the lions, is playing 18s this year but has played well in the praccys and would have to be a contender for round one in the seniors.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see Peace and Waight have been named on the bench for Nth Ballarat seniors this weekend. Good effort so early in the season.

Peace best on in reserves last week 19th. Also yuong Tayls from lakers, wasa bit of chat about him over summer, was named on bench last week I believe, has really impressed since joining the roosters, hope he can get a gig soon to.

Did you see or hear anything about Gisborne and Melton South last week 19th. Only report I was told was both had quite a few not play however the postage stamp certainly was no barrier for the big fwds. Any truth?

Fair call FFAT, what is the word on the marsh, heard so much over summer, picked heaps up, then lost a few, now looking like being same as always, is that right?
Looks like most sides fielding ordinary sides for the lightning premiership, anyone know if you get fined for it? The BFL wouldnt be happy running a reserve/under 18 lightning premiership.
Redan playing North Shore this weekend, should be a better indication as to where the redanies are at as they prepare for their title defence.
I can't see any fines coming into it. Serves the league right if they only get reserve/u/18's for putting together a pointless event. Simply a money raiser, i feel for the clubs coming down the highway to play. I'd pack an esky and make the most of a road trip.

I can't see any fines coming into it. Serves the league right if they only get reserve/u/18's for putting together a pointless event. Simply a money raiser, i feel for the clubs coming down the highway to play. I'd pack an esky and make the most of a road trip.
I think Darley are sending up an u14's side. The coach isnt too confident, but still thinks he can sneak a win over Gordon or Bacchus Marsh.

I think Darley are sending up an u14's side. The coach isnt too confident, but still thinks he can sneak a win over Gordon or Bacchus Marsh.
Heard Darley U/14's are a chance sunday. Sebas were seen down sturt street handing out flyers to anyone interested in playing sunday!

You Darley germs never cease to amaze me! When will you wake up and realise that you will be hanging out with the Marsh and Sebas in the cellar this year? I can't wait until bout round 4-5 and you are struggling and you start crapping on about the "kids" coming thru etc..... Joke of a club! Stack the 2nds and you may even win a flag!
I hope for the clubs sake, the new coach can change the culture at the devils.

You Darley germs never cease to amaze me! When will you wake up and realise that you will be hanging out with the Marsh and Sebas in the cellar this year? I can't wait until bout round 4-5 and you are struggling and you start crapping on about the "kids" coming thru etc..... Joke of a club! Stack the 2nds and you may even win a flag!
Didnt say Darley were going to be good this year mate, just meant no one takes this weekends rubbish serious. Whats the culture meant to be hero?

Peace best on in reserves last week 19th. Also yuong Tayls from lakers, wasa bit of chat about him over summer, was named on bench last week I believe, has really impressed since joining the roosters, hope he can get a gig soon to.

Did you see or hear anything about Gisborne and Melton South last week 19th. Only report I was told was both had quite a few not play however the postage stamp certainly was no barrier for the big fwds. Any truth?
Im not sure how many South had out but they looked pretty good to me . Sutton took some big strong grabs , they looked harder and faster than Sunbury did the week before . Although Gisborne had at least 10 senior players missing in the 3 period game .
In the end South got up by a few goals i think (no scoreboard)
I reckon they'll will win their fair share of games this year going on that performance .

So what your trying to say is they are going to field the same side they fielded for 18 rounds last year. The couple of new blokes they have picked up will be able to sit and watch just how bad they were, and hopefully Dion will be able to workout who the best of the crap is.

Yeh good one. :rolleyes:

The Marsh have a practice match the day before and I would say that Dion wants the senior side to have a full match hit out rather than the lightening prem' set up. Obviously he doesn't rate it so the marsh are putting in a team mixed of reserve players and U18s.
I know what I would prefer our players do - get a full game hit out instead of the set up for the lightening prem'.

2nds flags while a great achievement arent what clubs are based on ya tool. The culture at the club is already changing and i just hope that you post on here after 5 rounds.

playing finals every year, off field in a very strong financial situation, good supporters and events, Look after the locls and dont overpay recruits. Strong committee. Sounds like a joke of a club to me. your club must be awesome....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back