Ballarat Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
tommahawk_07 said:
where does the coach of sunbury get off saying redan has a suspect backline apart from snibson and lubeek in todays courier. matthew pitt is one of the most rock solid defenders ive ever seen. not to mention the likes of king, peace etc. does anyone else think redans backline is suspect or is it just that bloke?

They would have a suspect backline but their midfield dominates. lubeek and snibbo shut down the talls and the rest are great runners and create the loose man. Pitt i am not sure about. think your pumping him up a bit. very easy to shut down the third option if your half decent. Peace is a midfielder and doesnt know how to man up. Zfinals will tell how good this backline is.

Massive clash today and Redan would want to win.

Kings Army said:
Great mental disintegration on Snibbo Kings Army.

Would be good to see sunbury play a challenger instead of getting on the band wagon after beating the marsh, south & ballarat. A true test. Hope they smash them though.

And further to our group discussion. How many clubs in any country comp won a flag without a group of distinguished recruits who arent from that area.

Gisborne - every player last year either went to school in Gisborne or played junior football there. The only player you could count as an outsider is Duff Tyler who moved to Gisborne 4 years ago.

Good call kings army. great side gisborne and saunders coming back proves they are a great local side. Do have lots of cash though.

Vineyard said:
They would have a suspect backline but their midfield dominates. lubeek and snibbo shut down the talls and the rest are great runners and create the loose man. Pitt i am not sure about. think your pumping him up a bit. very easy to shut down the third option if your half decent. Peace is a midfielder and doesnt know how to man up. Zfinals will tell how good this backline is.

Massive clash today and Redan would want to win.

redans forward line is their weakness not their backline. Lubeek Snibbo pitt king and cummins have been good all year and will stand up come finals time. good win to sunbury yesterday however would like to know if they were at full strength? redan were missing some key players in lubeek, sibbo, jones and nicholson. also noticed brendan peace got best, seems to have a habit of getting best against sunbury. but from yestrdays game is shows sunbury are the real deal and lets just hope for everyones sake they stick to playing football and dont throw away another great chance to win a flag

gault said:
redans forward line is their weakness not their backline. Lubeek Snibbo pitt king and cummins have been good all year and will stand up come finals time. good win to sunbury yesterday however would like to know if they were at full strength? redan were missing some key players in lubeek, sibbo, jones and nicholson. also noticed brendan peace got best, seems to have a habit of getting best against sunbury. but from yestrdays game is shows sunbury are the real deal and lets just hope for everyones sake they stick to playing football and dont throw away another great chance to win a flag

Sunbury were missing Power, Payne, Cheep and Clarke from there best.

Interesting to hear Power at quarter time. He spoke how Blommely plays unaccountable football and would not get a game at Riddell if he had to play accountable football. As there were half a dozen Riddell players there I thought it was a great back handed swipe at them!

what or who were the differences in the 2 sides yesterday KA? did Serge out-coach or did his boys simply out play the Redan lads?

simplesimon said:
what or who were the differences in the 2 sides yesterday KA? did Serge out-coach or did his boys simply out play the Redan lads?

I was impressed with Redan - fully fit they are the best side in the comp.

Sunbury kicked the 1st 4 goals and looked like Sunbury were going to smack them yesterday. Redan's 1st 3 goals came fom soft free kicks.

When Redan lead going into the last and kicking with the wind I thought they would get up. Lewis and Griffen had a great last quater to drag Sunbury over the line. I thought Serge had a great last quater and has been a better coach since hurting his knee.

Sunbury will finish 4th now and have a tough run to get any where near this years premiership. Melton is the big fraud - will finish 3rd and get a soft final against Ballarat.

Kings Army said:

Sunbury kicked the 1st 4 goals and looked like Sunbury were going to smack them yesterday. Redan's 1st 3 goals came fom soft free kicks.

When Redan lead going into the last and kicking with the wind I thought they would get up. Lewis and Griffen had a great last quater to drag Sunbury over the line. I thought Serge had a great last quater and has been a better coach since hurting his knee.

Sunbury will finish 4th now and have a tough run to get any where near this years premiership. Melton is the big fraud - will finish 3rd and get a soft final against Ballarat.

interesting serge said that about blommely. couldn't agree more, most over rated player going around. never hand passes when 60% of the time he should, he is just lucky he is quick enough to get away with running in a big arc but in the end hurts the team by not dishing off to a player running forward. also when i watched redan play east point the first time the msg at quarter time was simple from east's coach 'if you get near nath blommely put him down and make him feel it cause he's a sheep dog and hates it tough'. sure he looks good cause he kicks it a long way and can out run most blokes in the league but anyone can just bomb it long to a pack.

gault said:
interesting serge said that about blommely. couldn't agree more, most over rated player going around. never hand passes when 60% of the time he should, he is just lucky he is quick enough to get away with running in a big arc but in the end hurts the team by not dishing off to a player running forward. also when i watched redan play east point the first time the msg at quarter time was simple from east's coach 'if you get near nath blommely put him down and make him feel it cause he's a sheep dog and hates it tough'. sure he looks good cause he kicks it a long way and can out run most blokes in the league but anyone can just bomb it long to a pack.
u continually write absolute rubbish gault!!

all you do is slag players! u must be one helluva footballer to speak about other players the way u do

gault said:

Blomely is a star!!! tall quick and skillful, but is an outside player. U dont make the state side if your an average player. I have heard there are talent scouts that are looking at him. The way the game is played now, it certainly suits his style of play.
People continually question his ticker, but come finals he will be a match winner. Great win by Sunbury against an undermanned Redan, but u can only beat whats in front of u.
Redans Backline is thee strength along with their midfield. Weakness is the forward line as already stated. Just imagine if Walsh and Molloy were there..
Still tipping Redan to beat East point in the G/F

from what ive seen Blomely is a very good player, maybe a little 1 dimensional though? only ever plays on a wing from what i know and have seen. can he play in the midfield? can he go forward and take a grab?

good good player, must be to make the VCFL side.

simplesimon said:
from what ive seen Blomely is a very good player, maybe a little 1 dimensional though? only ever plays on a wing from what i know and have seen. can he play in the midfield? can he go forward and take a grab?

good good player, must be to make the VCFL side.

has plenty of potential and i was probably to harsh on him before. is quite good over head but it just ****es me off when he never dishes off handballs to players in better position, there is talk about him getting drafted after leigh colbert said he is the kinda player who could step up to afl but i beleive he has along way to go but then again leigh colbert would know more than me.
one player who should get drafted is ryan harris from ballarat out and out freak and surely has to be rated in the top few players in the BFL

Kings Army said:

Agree that Melton is the big fraud, therefore I would say that Ballarat are the ones getting the soft final! Let's face it, East Point, Redan and Sunbury are a class above the rest. Darley capable of claiming a scalp, but hard to see them beating Sunbury in a sudden death final.

I attended the Sunbury-Redan match on Sunday (my 1st BFL game) and thought the standard was very good. But I was also puzzled by the man (and two little girls) playing a full drum-kit just outside the boundary fence during the game. Does anyone have an explanation for this? Because I've seen a lot of football over the years, but I've never seen that before.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Derby103 said:
I attended the Sunbury-Redan match on Sunday (my 1st BFL game) and thought the standard was very good. But I was also puzzled by the man (and two little girls) playing a full drum-kit just outside the boundary fence during the game. Does anyone have an explanation for this? Because I've seen a lot of football over the years, but I've never seen that before.

I have not seen it beofre as well - I thought it was great. They sat with the wind at their backs so the drum beat could be heard over the whole ground. It was a mini cheer squard with Readn flags and the kids dressed in full Redan out fits.

After each goal or when Redan started to press the drums would start up. Great support for the team I would think!:thumbsu: :thumbsu:

Kings Army said:
I have not seen it beofre as well - I thought it was great. They sat with the wind at their backs so the drum beat could be heard over the whole ground. It was a mini cheer squard with Readn flags and the kids dressed in full Redan out fits.

After each goal or when Redan started to press the drums would start up. Great support for the team I would think!:thumbsu: :thumbsu:

Most annoying thing I have heard at a game of football... Apart from a Collingwood supporter....

Derby103 said:

Gary Coburn is the guys name (used to be an umpire in the BFL) who runs it and he organises school kids to do it. Been doing it for about 4 years (1st G/F against Sunbury) and it annoys them greatly.
When there in front he doesnt stop, good atmosphere, but very annoying.. I can tell u, it wont be the last time u here them...

gault said:
one player who should get drafted is ryan harris from ballarat out and out freak and surely has to be rated in the top few players in the BFL

Ryan Harris has been down to the Richmond rooms and met with Terry Wallace this year. He is easily good enough for the chance, at least as a rookie list player. I'd have him at Essendon without even thinking about it.

Derby103 said:
Be assured that after the first two or three times you've seen it the novelty well and truly wears thin and it becomes distracting and annoying. Are you sure that's his name learmonth? I thought it was Grenville or Greville or something like it.

ryang said:
Be assured that after the first two or three times you've seen it the novelty well and truly wears thin and it becomes distracting and annoying. Are you sure that's his name learmonth? I thought it was Grenville or Greville or something like it.

Spot on ryang..Its gary greville...Had him mixed up with another umpire, but it is very annoying...Have had to play through it myself on numerous occassions.... I believe someone from Sunbury, broke his sticks in a final a few years ago....quite funny...

learmonth said:
Spot on ryang..Its gary greville...Had him mixed up with another umpire, but it is very annoying...Have had to play through it myself on numerous occassions.... I believe someone from Sunbury, broke his sticks in a final a few years ago....quite funny...

Darley boys got into him this year as well apparently about banging his drums and copped the club a fine.

does anyone rate ballarat a chance. Well coached but are they to young to compete? might over run a tired old redan in they managed to make it that far come finals but cant see them beating east. Why did redan rest so many big guns in an important game. is that arrogance?

have also heard to punish blomely at all times but you have to catch him. will be a certainty in the BFL team of year. Anyone else have certainties for the team. Jordan, hutchinson, peace, field, edwards, waight would also be in. Anyone from sunbury or the eastern block.

Just a query if anyone can answer...Just wondering whether Matt Rice who played or was affiliated with Redan last year played any games for the Under 18's or seniors at any stage. He is now playing with Boort.

goalposts said:
Just a query if anyone can answer...Just wondering whether Matt Rice who played or was affiliated with Redan last year played any games for the Under 18's or seniors at any stage. He is now playing with Boort.

Matty played under 18s in 2004 for redan. playing on wing went real well and came 3rd in the b &f. didnt play last yr due to his Osteitis and is now back at boort this yr

Vineyard said:
Darley boys got into him this year as well apparently about banging his drums and copped the club a fine.

does anyone rate ballarat a chance. Well coached but are they to young to compete? might over run a tired old redan in they managed to make it that far come finals but cant see them beating east. Why did redan rest so many big guns in an important game. is that arrogance?

have also heard to punish blomely at all times but you have to catch him. will be a certainty in the BFL team of year. Anyone else have certainties for the team. Jordan, hutchinson, peace, field, edwards, waight would also be in. Anyone from sunbury or the eastern block.
Porter from Melton and if I was picking the side Travis Stephenson would be one of my first picks. Ayres Rock with stripes!

you've picked and named half the side vineyard with some serious conviction. sounds to me like you are a selector.
would you have any Bacchus Marsh, Darley, Melton, Sunbury or Melton South players in the side?

simplesimon said:
you've picked and named half the side vineyard with some serious conviction. sounds to me like you are a selector.
would you have any Bacchus Marsh, Darley, Melton, Sunbury or Melton South players in the side?

Not a selector simple but a keen follower:

Bacchus Marsh: Only brett connors is a chance

Darley: Stephenson, Cox, Miller, Cape & Parker

Melton: Berger, Porter and maybe Tuddy Edwards

Sunbury: Brown, Lewis or griffin. Tim little maybe but doesnt play in the ruck enough.

Melton South: Reardon and sutton if he played a full year.

dont know lakers, ballarat or sebas players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back