Ballarat Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Supposedly the club has secured him work.. I'm told he had a year off last year but i could be wrong. Some of the many darley posters on here could shed more light about him
Definetely had last year off, had a few niggles, would be 31 probably. Will be a gun in GDFL if fit.

See on the geelong thread that a digger edwards from Darley is playing at East Geelong. How old is he? how does he go? why would he move over there? wasnt he captain last year?

East geelong told him they would get him a high paying job but have only got him an interview so he doesnt really owe them anything. Heart is at Darley but if they secure him the job he will feel obliged.

Former captain of Darley and would dominate the GDFL. Around 30 and would be still very very handy in a devils jumper. Would really top off the players the club has already picked up as he didnt play at all last year.

Barney was a great man and will be sorely missed in the outer!!!

Supposedly the club has secured him work.. I'm told he had a year off last year but i could be wrong. Some of the many darley posters on here could shed more light about him
Digger is my cousin, he is good player

RIP Barney, will be missed by all at darley and those who met him in the bfl & rdfl

from kane

Originally posted by Vineyard: East geelong told him they would get him a high paying job but have only got him an interview so he doesnt really owe them anything. Heart is at Darley but if they secure him the job he will feel obliged.

Wouldn't it be the contacts after the interview process that gets somebody a job, and therefor owe something back to the club? I would have thought a lifetime job opportunity would outweigh weekly match payments (especially when they are a local player, which are sometimes under-paid at their home clubs).

Wouldn't it be the contacts after the interview process that gets somebody a job, and therefor owe something back to the club? I would have thought a lifetime job opportunity would outweigh weekly match payments (especially when they are a local player, which are sometimes under-paid at their home clubs).
Have been told its because his best mate plays at east?Also was runner last year but walked out after a verbal with a few young blokes?

Some interesting Transfers to note:

Sebas: Tim Beacham, the big man is back... But is he fit? Will only play a handful of games cos will be injured throughout the season but will be great around the club!

Lakers: Matthew Madden leaving his beloved lakers! Looks like Matt has had enough with a struggling team!

North Ballarat: - A few big guns leaving.... Eddy Den Ouden who is one of the best under 21 players getting around. Jake Young, ex North City vice captain. And another North City vice captain Ben Beaston who pioneered the North City come back, and was one of the top performers! whats the story here? i would have thought he would have stayed seeing they are back in the Ballarat FL?????????????????????????

Any other interesting transfers recently?

suprisingly at east v sunbury games of the last few years theres always been a few sunbury boys hang around for a beer (even after pretty sprited matchs) so good on em for that. East are extending the club rooms along with the whole eastern oval revamp should be a bit better after the games. everybody get around after games and have a look should be good

Eastern oval is the premier BFL game/post game venue, look forward to seeing the revamp! Is the grandstand getting a makeover??? I am sure the local homeless guys that spend there nights up there would love that. :thumbsu:

Has a dodgy hip mate, might not get on the park this year, didn't train much last year because of it. Is a solid player, played mostly two's but always been one of the better players in the seconds. depending on what league. if its for Mulwala he'd probaly play in the midfield and be a good contributer but struggle to get a spot for Yarrwonga, good clubman though, worth having at your club. couldn't speak more highly of the bloke. Related to spider man

I Second that, was at a few Ballarat 2's games last year enjoying a beer and saw the young fella plodding around, not the fittest bloke due to hip problems, but will give 110% on the field!

Some interesting Transfers to note:

Sebas: Tim Beacham, the big man is back... But is he fit? Will only play a handful of games cos will be injured throughout the season but will be great around the club!

Lakers: Matthew Madden leaving his beloved lakers! Looks like Matt has had enough with a struggling team!

North Ballarat: - A few big guns leaving.... Eddy Den Ouden who is one of the best under 21 players getting around. Jake Young, ex North City vice captain. And another North City vice captain Ben Beaston who pioneered the North City come back, and was one of the top performers! whats the story here? i would have thought he would have stayed seeing they are back in the Ballarat FL?????????????????????????

Any other interesting transfers recently?

Eddie has reportedly gone to Buninyong.

Jake Young hasnt played with the club since 2006 im led to believe, went to QLD last year and came back, but played just the one game.

Ben Beaston has relocated to Sydney due to work committments. Sorely missed.

Have been told its because his best mate plays at east?Also was runner last year but walked out after a verbal with a few young blokes?

most likley leaving because he is the only normal guy apart from Capey left playing at Darley another one from Powers legacy ? seeing the light:eek:

LAKERS spearhead Brad Maxwell will be given a roving commission this season, according to his new coach.

First year Lake Wendouree coach Matthew Battistello yesterday described the 2005 Tony Lockett medalist as "flying fit at the moment" and said Maxwell would be moved up the ground at times to take advantage of his new-found mobility.
Maxwell endured a frustrating 2007, missing most of the season with an ankle injury. Despite playing just seven games, he still managed to finish third on the Lakers' goal-kicking table with 28 majors.
Battistello said Maxwell's talents weren't limited to scoring goals and he could be used to feed Lake Wendouree's younger key forwards.
"He'll play a different role this season," Battistello said. "Brad's fitness level is up with the midfielders, so he could play up the ground a lot more.
"We've got Tim Madden in a key forward role, along with Paul McMahon, so there are options."
Battistello said there was renewed enthusiasm at the club, which has endured its own fair share of woes in recent seasons.
He said numbers at training were high and fitness testing showed there had been significant improvement over the summer.
"The testing is showing some very good results compared with pre-Christmas," he said. "Fitness has improved dramatically since then."
"Most people I've spoken to at the club say it's an exciting place to be. The club has been down for a couple of years but the people at the club have worked hard to turn that around and put a lot of new things in place. "There's a breath of fresh air about the place."

Isn't McMahon playing at North Roosters VFL?
Maxwell must have got 7 in the beep test.

It seems to me there hasn't been much recruiting by teams this year????

Darley have picked up a couple off good players in - Newman, Cheevers and Tuddy.

Melton - Porter is back.

Marsh - ????

Sunbury - Tim Little is back, but have lost 10 - 15 quality players.

South - Grenfell

Not sure what is happening in Ballarat, if Redan haven't lost too many they will still be the team to beat with Ballarat and East. Are the eastern teams relying on there kids improving to close the gap????

Anyone know off others players being recruited or where the improvement will come from for teams like Melton and South who were around the mark last year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eastern oval is the premier BFL game/post game venue, look forward to seeing the revamp! Is the grandstand getting a makeover??? I am sure the local homeless guys that spend there nights up there would love that. :thumbsu:

grand stand will be reopening in 3 weeks i think the insides getting repainted starting today. work on the bar still hasnt started so might have to wait till next yr

It seems to me there hasn't been much recruiting by teams this year????

Darley have picked up a couple off good players in - Newman, Cheevers and Tuddy.

Melton - Porter is back. + Ruckman,on baller, 2 forwards not sure of names

Marsh - 2 Ryan boys from Melton.

Sunbury - Tim Little is back, but have lost 10 - 15 quality players.

South - Grenfell,+ a couple of handy pick up's not sure of names

most likley leaving because he is the only normal guy apart from Capey left playing at Darley another one from Powers legacy ? seeing the light:eek:
I like that one THE POWER LEGACY what a joke.Digger was at the club well and truly before power came,and there is no legacy with power he was lucky to coach as long as he did.
look for a couple more names to be added to the darley recruits in the next 2 weeks will be big improves this year.

I think it's Redan's Paul McMahon who's on the Rooster's VFL list

Paul McMahon from Lakers has done the pre-season at North and played in the senior practice match against Frankston on the weekend. Probably a fair indication he will be offered a spot on the list.

Searching for a practice match 15th March. Hoppers Crossing Football Club

Late notice but a practice game has been cancelled against us due to ground restrictions.

Thanks

Is the Lakers coach Matthew Battistello? the one that played for Skipton 3 years ago?. If its the same weed that played out there well then good luck Lakers because use are in for a horrid season if hes in charge:)

I like that one THE POWER LEGACY what a joke.Digger was at the club well and truly before power came,and there is no legacy with power he was lucky to coach as long as he did.
look for a couple more names to be added to the darley recruits in the next 2 weeks will be big improves this year.

You are either a nuffy or having a joke. Power took Darley to the finals each year he coached there. You went from 3rd under Power to 3rd last under Learmonth. So what result this year for GL for him to be lucky to be able to coach there again in 09?? 5 wins to improve on the solid 4 you won last year?

Maybe Hoppers Crossing should spend some money on their shit tip ground instead of trying to buy a premiership, using players who dont play for the jumper and go into hiding when the going gets tough!

Why dont you try Rockbank, better ground than Hoppers!

Is the Lakers coach Matthew Battistello? the one that played for Skipton 3 years ago?. If its the same weed that played out there well then good luck Lakers because use are in for a horrid season if hes in charge:)

Matthew Battistello did play for skipton years ago, played in that crap league as favour to mate who'd played with him at terang the previous season.

Played three years at Ballarat, was assitant coach, a match winner and an incredable asset to the club in terms of recruitment and ensuring the culture changed. People often get stuck into him as you just have which is ridiculous. I'Ve heard people from other clubs who reckon he's no good but he gets tagged every week.

Kicked five in a half to beat the reigning and future premiers last year

Do i need to go on?

Lakers are lucky to have him and the players so far are rapt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back