Ballarat Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make that 8 out 10! Bangboys you need to find some way to get off the hook.

whats everyones thoughts on Libba? is he going to be alot of money spent for no real gain? i would have thought sunbury would have the ability to attract some AFL experience guns but seems as though the big name coach is struggling to do that. would still expect the lions to be in the top 2 come seasons end though.

"YOU" are a Pathetic Disgrace !

Good luck to all teams in 2008, especially North City in their first year. Hopefully the Ballarat wars can simmer down and the whole BFL will be more competitive than last year and in years to come.

Lib still believes that Sunbury will be good enough to challenge, whilst they have lost a few players, quite a few, they have some pretty impressive recruits also. The big one for Sunbury from the BFL I have seen in recent times is McCabe, with 1 AFL and two VFL clubs looking at him in the last 18 months as a potential rookie listed player, he and Ryan Harris were probably the two best young players in the competition, hard for both Sunbury and Ballarat to replace.

Good luck to all teams in 2008, especially North City in their first year. Hopefully the Ballarat wars can simmer down and the whole BFL will be more competitive than last year and in years to come.

Lib still believes that Sunbury will be good enough to challenge, whilst they have lost a few players, quite a few, they have some pretty impressive recruits also. The big one for Sunbury from the BFL I have seen in recent times is McCabe, with 1 AFL and two VFL clubs looking at him in the last 18 months as a potential rookie listed player, he and Ryan Harris were probably the two best young players in the competition, hard for both Sunbury and Ballarat to replace.

That would have to be Andy Mcabe wouldnt it ?

Gee would have thought Little would be a more than handy pick up,Ballarat, GV and Vic country Rep this type of play would be welcome in any country vic team

i agree

everyone is welcome in the rooms after the game, even during the game

from

Must have changed a bit from when they were in the CHFL in the 80's. Win, lose or draw you would get smashed on the ground, potentially smashed in the bar and potentially smashed on the way to the car and this didn't matter if you were playing for or against Darley. However to their credit you were always welcome.

suprisingly at east v sunbury games of the last few years theres always been a few sunbury boys hang around for a beer (even after pretty sprited matchs) so good on em for that. East are extending the club rooms along with the whole eastern oval revamp should be a bit better after the games. everybody get around after games and have a look should be good

G'day BFL thread, a young bloke has moved into our area (Mulwala/Yarrawonga) and indicated that he played bit of seniors, bit of 2nds in your comp. His name is Chris O'Neill. New P.E. Teacher at the High School here. Can he play? Is he worth recruiting?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will libba coach sunbury in 08???

R.I.P Barney,a true character of the darley football club.always worth hanging around & having a few pots at the Devils playground after a hard slog win or lose.always good with a yarn & to see you celebrate Sunburys 2004 flag anyone would have thought that you were a life member.Cheers mate, thanks for the memories:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

R.I.P Barney,a true character of the darley football club.always worth hanging around & having a few pots at the Devils playground after a hard slog win or lose.always good with a yarn & to see you celebrate Sunburys 2004 flag anyone would have thought that you were a life member.Cheers mate, thanks for the memories:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:
Well said,

RIP Barn

G'day BFL thread, a young bloke has moved into our area (Mulwala/Yarrawonga) and indicated that he played bit of seniors, bit of 2nds in your comp. His name is Chris O'Neill. New P.E. Teacher at the High School here. Can he play? Is he worth recruiting?

Has a dodgy hip mate, might not get on the park this year, didn't train much last year because of it. Is a solid player, played mostly two's but always been one of the better players in the seconds. depending on what league. if its for Mulwala he'd probaly play in the midfield and be a good contributer but struggle to get a spot for Yarrwonga, good clubman though, worth having at your club. couldn't speak more highly of the bloke. Related to spider man

From the Sunshine F.C & wondering whether anyone is after a Practice match on the 29th of March. PM me to organise details.

See on the geelong thread that a digger edwards from Darley is playing at East Geelong. How old is he? how does he go? why would he move over there? wasnt he captain last year?

Supposedly the club has secured him work.. I'm told he had a year off last year but i could be wrong. Some of the many darley posters on here could shed more light about him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back