Ballarat too strong

Darley v Sunbury
Sunbury in an upset. Still don't rate Darley

Sebas V Bacchus Marsh
Sebas in a close game

Lakers v North City
Lakers easily

Redan v East point
Redan make it two in a row and travelling nicely. Good test for East Point.
Wishful thinking there Oracle

Tips for the week

Ballarat v Melton South
Ballarat too strong

Darley v Sunbury
Sunbury in an upset. Still don't rate Darley

Sebas V Bacchus Marsh
Sebas in a close game

Lakers v North City
Lakers easily

Redan v East point
Redan make it two in a row and travelling nicely. Good test for East Point.
Ballarat - Home ground only reason
Darley - To go 6 Nil
Bacchus - A kick the difference
Lakers - Can't drop these ones if they want to play finals.
Redan - Tough one but need to win. Ryall V Jordan should be good to watch.

Redan to get there 5 blokes back from VFL duties, hopefully get one more game out of them this year to qualify them for finals if Redan were to make them???.

Ballarat - Home ground only reason
Darley - To go 6 Nil
Bacchus - A kick the difference
Lakers - Can't drop these ones if they want to play finals.
Redan - Tough one but need to win. Ryall V Jordan should be good to watch.

Redan to get there 5 blokes back from VFL duties, hopefully get one more game out of them this year to qualify them for finals if Redan were to make them???.

Let me stress I am not having a go at Redan here as they are only taking advantage of what I believe is an ordinary rule but is it fair that blokes from North Ballarat in the VFL can play 3 games and still qualify for BFL finals??? Surely it should be more than 3? We all know that if Redan makes the finals there chances improve 100% because all these guys come back from North Ballarat. The way I see it the rule should be that you must play at least 6 games.

Let me stress I am not having a go at Redan here as they are only taking advantage of what I believe is an ordinary rule but is it fair that blokes from North Ballarat in the VFL can play 3 games and still qualify for BFL finals??? Surely it should be more than 3? We all know that if Redan makes the finals there chances improve 100% because all these guys come back from North Ballarat. The way I see it the rule should be that you must play at least 6 games.

The way they are travelling this year North Ballarat's seconds would be a chance to be playing finals anyway, but I guess it is an advantage (although Redan are good enough to encourage their players to try out at the higher league in the first place).

Curse strikes BFL captains

23/05/2008 12:27:00 AM
A CAPTAINS' curse has struck the Ballarat Football League.
Redan skipper Nathan Blomeley will miss at least a month of football with what is believed to be a stress fracture of the foot, while two of Sebastopol's three captains will be sidelined for tomorrow's match against Bacchus Marsh after Jimmy Carroll joined Chris Wills on the injured list with a shoulder injury.
Carroll suffered a dislocated shoulder against East Point and is not expected to return for up to six weeks.
Blomeley's return, meanwhile, is less clear, Redan coach Shane Snibson said the club was yet to work out a rehabilitation program for the 24-year-old.
"Nathan has had scans (on the foot) and they weren't positive,'' Snibson said.
"He won't be playing this week and it's fair to say it will be a few weeks. We can't say how many until we go through the process. With a hamstring you know it is about three weeks but the nature of this injury is we won't know exactly (how long until Blomeley returns).''
Carroll injured the shoulder when he slid underneath a pack and a number of players fell on him.
The shoulder clicked back into place following the match but a trip to the hospital confirmed there had been more damage than first suspected.
Carroll was appointed captain at Sebastopol at the start of the season, along with Chris Wills and James Brick.
Wills missed last Saturday's match with a hamstring strain and is probably still two weeks away from returning.
"It's lucky we named three captains because we've only got one left,'' Sebastopol coach Mark Russell said.
Brick, 22, is the youngest club captain at Sebastopol in the club's 114-year history, Russell said. He will be supported tomorrow against Bacchus Marsh by a former young captain in Malcolm Niblett, who has been released from North Ballarat duty for the match because the Roosters' reserves have the bye.

Point taken but 3's good!!!

I was talking with Darley coach Gary Learmonth last night and he said there was a few key injuries for the Dev's this week. Apparently Zane and Jordan Dix could be playing the late game against Sunbury together tomorrow. Great for the town and I'm sure Maree and Tony would be proud as punch. Zane is a very silky wingman and Jordan a tough, solid half back. Good luck guys.

hahahahhahaha darley lost by two points! and kallum killer in the best top 5 in league!
Darley hit the front with 10 seconds to go, Sunbury won the centre break and Ben Jordan kicked a great goal on the run from 45m. Darley didnt deserve to win, played terrible, but got close enough to nearly snatch it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great game at Darley Park this afternoon, entertaining throughout and what a finish! Two lead changing goals in the last 30 seconds doesn't happen often

Devils will learn a valuable lesson, you can't expect to win if you let good sides get up by five goals at half time!

I think Sunbury may pop the Devils bubble today. Darley may have over achieved early and now may start headinig back to the pack.
Sunbury may have one but dont right the devils off king. i watched the game and the devils played shocking in the first half. The loins were up by 6 goals at the main brake. The second half was a differnt story, darley played on there terms and sunbury didnt like there style of play one bit. Darley hit the lead with less than a minute to go then Ben Jorden kicked a goal to take the lead back. Top game of footy...

Darley stiff.

Devils are still a good side but played very average in the first half. Did well to fight back and will be a better side for the loss. Well done to Sunbury they used their talls very well to set up a great first half lead. They totally dominated the ruck and centre breaks beacuse of this. Good win by a good club. Seemed more disciplind this year without power at the helm (Jerk). They aren't this years premiers but will shake the better teams. Moo hoo dot him out
Did you actually write that chief, sure it wasnt someone logging on as you??? Not the usual shit that you spend half you life writing on this thread. Surely you cant have any mates with all that time you have. That win might shut all you darley supporters up a bit.

Did you actually write that chief, sure it wasnt someone logging on as you??? Not the usual shit that you spend half you life writing on this thread. Surely you cant have any mates with all that time you have. That win might shut all you darley supporters up a bit.

Win lose or draw the darley supporters will offer some advice buddy. Sunbury were good solid outfit and very underrated throughout the league. Lekkas will be a very handy pick up but libba should retire. Good in the first half but tired badly in the 2nd. Copping some nice sprays from his forwards for turning the footy over. Also rumours floating around that Sunbury are in line to sign another high profile former AFL player. Big budgets at Sunbury.

5 and 1 at the break, on top of the ladder, betaen in the last 10 seconds of the only game they have lost, the devils will take that!!!!

Unfortunately the Oracle will not be able to gloat with his predictions on Darley as the swannees were smashed. I will put out a warning to other clubs that Melton South are a darkhorse as they are starting to get a few back and from what they were saying there will be more big names to come in.

Oracle will retire humbly for a while with his beak buried.:(

Great result for South on the weekend. Ballarat very overated.

Sounds like Darley were pretty stiff. How did lekkas go?

On the Marsh v Sebas game, I am assuming the trouble was caused by the young group of marsh supporters that seem to be a disgrace at most games. They are even worse than the lads from Darley that used to sit near the opposition coaches box.

On the Marsh v Sebas game, I am assuming the trouble was caused by the young group of marsh supporters that seem to be a disgrace at most games. They are even worse than the lads from Darley that used to sit near the opposition coaches box.
Let's just hope the league handles this properly, sounds pretty ugly. Any Marsh / Sebas people want to fill us in on what happened? Was there any reports come out of this match?

By all reports Lekka's was very handy and will only improve from the run. Liba should retire life. There's no role for fat imposter's, stick to the sidelines and tuck into mumma's souvlaki you little rotund warrior.

Ballarat seem to be the over-rated mess of a side that gets pumped up year after year. Get some ticker, start loving your footy as much as the 17 year olds that you all give disco treats to at 21 arms. the eye's are out there.

The stench that is Bacchus Marsh seems to grow week after week. Even with a win over sebas (not that great) you are still all ugly people that shouldn't be allowed out after dark. The Lad's behind the coaches box at Darley were at least funny when they used to spray the opposition coaches box. i had a running feud the day i kicked 8 there on Shane Basset. The problem with the Marsh youngsters is they can't drink and there not funny. Kissy Whelan is a reject trainer from Darley and he's leading the pack there.

My team South are just quietly kicking along and the less said the better. Young scratch cat Scoble has the gear's in motion and is teaching us how to run the wide lines on big open grounds.

East Point, disgusting. Redan could be back and look like the only western side to come near the evident power three in Sunbury, Darley and my hommies.

Cameron Poe, parollee hitching a ride home
P.S Oracle is a jerk

By all reports Lekka's was very handy and will only improve from the run. Liba should retire life. There's no role for fat imposter's, stick to the sidelines and tuck into mumma's souvlaki you little rotund warrior.

Ballarat seem to be the over-rated mess of a side that gets pumped up year after year. Get some ticker, start loving your footy as much as the 17 year olds that you all give disco treats to at 21 arms. the eye's are out there.

The stench that is Bacchus Marsh seems to grow week after week. Even with a win over sebas (not that great) you are still all ugly people that shouldn't be allowed out after dark. The Lad's behind the coaches box at Darley were at least funny when they used to spray the opposition coaches box. i had a running feud the day i kicked 8 there on Shane Basset. The problem with the Marsh youngsters is they can't drink and there not funny. Kissy Whelan is a reject trainer from Darley and he's leading the pack there.

My team South are just quietly kicking along and the less said the better. Young scratch cat Scoble has the gear's in motion and is teaching us how to run the wide lines on big open grounds.

East Point, disgusting. Redan could be back and look like the only western side to come near the evident power three in Sunbury, Darley and my hommies.

P.S Oracle is a jerk

Thanks Cam. How's the deer park caravan park?

P.S Oracle is a jerk
You must be old, glen height or darko? or the scardest player ever ash manning.

P.S Oracle is a jerk

Is that why they brought in the no alcohol zones at Darley?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back