Ballarat Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
But ess kay they beat you didn't they on your home turf.

Sunbury scare darley. You don't need fruit pickers in darley you just have to mention the word lupson and the trees shake dropping their fruit! The bridge between darley and marsh had to be re-inforced as it would shake when sunbury came to play you guys.

oracle you would have to be one of the best a talking dribble, lupson is just a weak king hitting dog. He use to hate playing against the devils when big bad D Barnes played. And i guess you would never have pulled on the boots you CAT....

Don't like their chances, lose against South this week and it's all over for Redan.

Who would've thought leading into the season that that after 10 weeks Redan would be lower than Bacchus on the ladder!

And more injuries this week are going to make it difficult to win against South. Redan just can't seem to cut a break this year.

Russell the man for Sebastopol renaissance

3/07/2008 11:38:00 PM
MARK RUSSELL has been backed to lead a Sebastopol renaissance in the Ballarat Football League with a further two years added to his contract.
The first-year BFL coach has committed to the Kookaburras until at least the end of the 2010 season under a new deal designed to create long term stability at the club.
The deal will most likely see Russell finish his playing career at the Burras.
The Kookaburras currently occupy 11th on the Ballarat Football League ladder with just one win, but Sebastopol president George McIntosh said the club had been very impressed with how Russell had managed the task of rebuilding the team, often under difficult circumstances.
"The direction he is taking the club is the right direction, we believe," McIntosh said.
"He has been terrific with the young guys and he has a lot of respect from the playing group. When we announced it to the players they were rapt with the news."
Since taking the Sebastopol coaching job Russell has steered the Kookaburras in a new direction. Under Russell the club implemented a professional pre-season fitness campaign and adopted a new code of conduct.
Russell said he had asked the club to give him more time to allow his new regime to take effect.
"I suppose what I wanted and what the club wanted was the same," Russell said.
"We sat down and had a bit of a talk. I told them in order to have some stability of the club I needed to have a couple of years.
"There has been too much change at this club and I think the stability would be important."
"I wanted to say to the players I'm here for a couple of years, and that I'm not going anywhere."
Russell said his decision to take on the Sebastopol job for a further two seasons showed his own faith in the club's direction.
"You lose by 120 points and it hurts you at the time, but I have never thought (Sebastopol) was a bad spot to be," Russell said.
"From round one to where we are now, we've come a bloody long way. It is a great club. Everybody around the club wants success and wants to move forward."
Russell said the stability offered by the longer-term deal would also improve the club's ability to attract new players. "We are sitting in a good spot in terms of recruiting," he said. "Our ground is the only one in Ballarat not affected by cricket. There is now permanent water and the club has a bunch of genuine blokes who are doing everything right to move forward."

javascript:changeFontSize('story',-1);

East Point given power to build lights

3/07/2008 11:45:00 PM
EAST POINT will open its 2009 Ballarat Football League season under lights after the City of Ballarat backed the construction of new VFL-quality light towers at Eastern Oval.
Four to six new 25m towers will be erected at the ground, which is the RegionalOne BFL's preferred venue for finals football, allowing the Eastern Oval to host day-night cricket in addition to twilight and night football matches.
The final hurdle to the development - the need to direct the extra power needed to run the lights from Ebden and Rowe streets - has been cleared.
Councillor David Vendy, who took on the project when he was mayor and has followed it from its inception, yesterday announced the council's $50,000 contribution to match East Point's $40,000, to pay for the power upgrade that will make the installation of the light towers possible.
The new lights are part of the second phase of the Eastern Oval development that began with the construction of national standard change rooms and will eventually include the construction of an electronic scoreboard plus the relocation of the Ballarat Cricket Association to the venue. The electronic scoreboard will cost an additional $300,000.
The facelift also opens the door for a BFL night grand final.
"It is our goal to finish the job we started with Eastern Oval to make it one of the best regional ovals in the state," Vendy said yesterday.
Computer modelling will be used to help decide whether the ground requires four or six light towers.
The upgrade of the Eastern Oval lighting follows a similar announcement for Sunbury's Clarke Oval.
Darley also has plans to install more powerful lighting at Darley Park.
Eastern Oval's current tenants, in addition to the East Point Football Club, include the Golden Point cricket club, the Ballarat AFL Masters, and the Ballarat Knights (football for the disabled).
East Point vice president Michael Walsh said he would welcome discussions with another BFL club to share the venue. "If another club came to us and said they wanted to come here we'd be silly to say no," Walsh said.

Hey creep 35. you can talk footy with who ever the F#!!k you want mate. you dont have to join in yhe private convo's. and what is counrty local footy with out a bit of rivalry.

here, lets try some.
ill go first.

ya mum roots ya dad, and you once had your head up her yourself.
ta'nucka
Your a class act Panthers P#ss.

Chief,
You are such a tool!!! I have been reading this thread for months wanting to hear about the Ballarat Football League. All I ever hear is you crapping on about how tough your Darley boys are and how much you hate the Marsh. That's why Darley is the most hated club in the league. You talk about about other clubs being feral - Darley is the most feral club around.
I must admit some of your posts are actually quite amusing. However so many times you have gone too far. You have referred to people with disabilities and actually named people. Wow that's so gutsy!!! I can't wait until Grnd Final day. I hope Darley are in it and lose by a point. I will be there cheering with my pot laughing at you and your loser friends. Bring it on.
PS You are not taking a break because you are bored - you have been told by your club. You are ruining any chance they have at success becasue you keep crapping on and making up lies on this site. I know for a fact (that's your lingo) that you have been told! Meh!!!!!

Chief,
You are such a tool!!! I have been reading this thread for months wanting to hear about the Ballarat Football League. All I ever hear is you crapping on about how tough your Darley boys are and how much you hate the Marsh. That's why Darley is the most hated club in the league. You talk about about other clubs being feral - Darley is the most feral club around.
I must admit some of your posts are actually quite amusing. However so many times you have gone too far. You have referred to people with disabilities and actually named people. Wow that's so gutsy!!! I can't wait until Grnd Final day. I hope Darley are in it and lose by a point. I will be there cheering with my pot laughing at you and your loser friends. Bring it on.
PS You are not taking a break because you are bored - you have been told by your club. You are ruining any chance they have at success becasue you keep crapping on and making up lies on this site. I know for a fact (that's your lingo) that you have been told! Meh!!!!!
Drinking Piss in September and not playing, or being able to watch your team in September has become ritual at the Marsh. Enjoy it for another year. And if your not from the Marsh, then meh.
Darley are the most hated by the whole 30 people that read this crap site, we can live with that. And if we don't hold the cup up at the end of the year, then we can live with that too. We actually attempt to be successful, unlike the club across the road who bath in mediocrity.

from Barrack Obama

Drinking Piss and not playing, or being able to watch your team in Septmeber has become ritual at the Marsh. Enjoy it for another year. If we don't hold the cup up at the end of the year, then we can live with that. We actually attempt to be successful, unlike the club across the road who bath in mediocrity. from Barrack Obama
Mmmm so you don't care if you're not holding the cup? According to you lot, Darley are unbackables favourites to win the flag. Which means if you didn't win you would have underachieved for the year. That seems pretty mediocre to me. There's still a long way to go till the finals, in SEPTEMBER. You all obviously went to Darley Secondary College with the way you butcher English.
By the way Chief, i like the way you didn't reply to my post about you and then slipped off into the shadows like Chum at the Royal. Very brave. Meh

Mmmm so you don't care if you're not holding the cup? According to you lot, Darley are unbackables favourites to win the flag. Which means if you didn't win you would have underachieved for the year. That seems pretty mediocre to me. There's still a long way to go till the finals, in SEPTEMBER. You all obviously went to Darley Secondary College with the way you butcher English.
By the way Chief, i like the way you didn't reply to my post about you and then slipped off into the shadows like Chum at the Royal. Very brave. Meh
Its called talking rot or garbage, people do it sometimes. If you think that Darley people actually think they are over the line then you are a fool. There is still plenty of football to be played this year, but Darley have put themselves in a good position.

Russell the man for Sebastopol renaissance

3/07/2008 11:38:00 PM
MARK RUSSELL has been backed to lead a Sebastopol renaissance in the Ballarat Football League with a further two years added to his contract.
The first-year BFL coach has committed to the Kookaburras until at least the end of the 2010 season under a new deal designed to create long term stability at the club.
The deal will most likely see Russell finish his playing career at the Burras.
The Kookaburras currently occupy 11th on the Ballarat Football League ladder with just one win, but Sebastopol president George McIntosh said the club had been very impressed with how Russell had managed the task of rebuilding the team, often under difficult circumstances.
"The direction he is taking the club is the right direction, we believe," McIntosh said.
"He has been terrific with the young guys and he has a lot of respect from the playing group. When we announced it to the players they were rapt with the news."
Since taking the Sebastopol coaching job Russell has steered the Kookaburras in a new direction. Under Russell the club implemented a professional pre-season fitness campaign and adopted a new code of conduct.
Russell said he had asked the club to give him more time to allow his new regime to take effect.
"I suppose what I wanted and what the club wanted was the same," Russell said.
"We sat down and had a bit of a talk. I told them in order to have some stability of the club I needed to have a couple of years.
"There has been too much change at this club and I think the stability would be important."
"I wanted to say to the players I'm here for a couple of years, and that I'm not going anywhere."
Russell said his decision to take on the Sebastopol job for a further two seasons showed his own faith in the club's direction.
"You lose by 120 points and it hurts you at the time, but I have never thought (Sebastopol) was a bad spot to be," Russell said.
"From round one to where we are now, we've come a bloody long way. It is a great club. Everybody around the club wants success and wants to move forward."
Russell said the stability offered by the longer-term deal would also improve the club's ability to attract new players. "We are sitting in a good spot in terms of recruiting," he said. "Our ground is the only one in Ballarat not affected by cricket. There is now permanent water and the club has a bunch of genuine blokes who are doing everything right to move forward."

Great stuff !! Have heard a few of the young guys were giving odds of Russell leaving..... this should definately give the team alot more stability :thumbsu:

Great stuff !! Have heard a few of the young guys were giving odds of Russell leaving..... this should definately give the team alot more stability :thumbsu:

Let's be frank, Sebas would be one hell of a challenge so good on the club for realising that turning around the good ship Sebastopol is a long term project.

Also chief I hope that the Marsh story is wrong (and yes I know you have repeated said it is fact). As an outsider it appears that Dion Miles has done a lot of good work getting Bacchus Marsh on track. The Cobras have made some steps in the right direction, they have gone from a guaranteed four points to be a side that you must show proper respect too.

Just remember that in the case of Bacchus Marsh, Sebas and even North City, you have to able to walk before you can run.

bagging someones typing error, wow you are a tough man.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bumped into Calvin Hassent last night, interesting character to say the least.
Top bloke Hassent, not a bad dancer to mind you. I was talking to him as well, he is pumped for next saturday. This bloke will top the Devils off, Sunbury dont have anyone to stop his 1,2 step...

The poor old carpet pythons must have copped a big reality check yesterday. Beaten by smelly old East Point by 20 goals on ya home track. A disgraceful embassment, the 12-15 "recruits" they got this year have been well worth it.

Firstly the Marsh FACT!!! it has happened and it isnt up for discussion. Maybe you dont know yet Da Wog but i am willing to talk to you in private to give you times, names and topics spoken about because it has already happened. Secondly Leigh Closter, Brian Marsden and Tas Turley are definately all ex players but we might give Tas the flick because of his prior association with Sunba ohhhhh Sunba. We might actually swap him for Omar Sedmak- our ex goal kicking reserves machine. Rowsell your better off getting nude with Jamesy and wacking objects up your date than trying to be intellegent.

Lastly Guy- thanks for the words of kindness but you definately have your information wrong. First of all the so called incident didnt happen at the Court House. Secondly i wont talk about that incident on this forum because some locals will use anything they can to put Shaun down but there is alot of water to flow under this bridge yet... trust me.
Deck doesn't gloat about his victory over Power- we do! Power talked it up and made the move and Deck planted him like a tree! I merely made an example of how we have had social victories over Sunbury and that was definately a big one. Things mentioned like this wont ever get me in trouble because Shaun is my number 1 fan and is an avid reader of my posts. Oh and 3 people write under this name pal (look at posting times, we cant be awake 24 hours a day) so not everything you read is by the same person but we all support each other...
I am stepping down for a few weeks as a daily poster because this forum is getting tired an boring. People are trying to produce carbon copies of my work and it isn't good for BFL footy. I am speaking with the the VCFL and even a local paper about writing a cynic column in the near future so until next week people. Arrivaderci.

Power didnt make a move and got hit while talking to a group of people.
Miller wasnt too impressed at the time either.To Powers credit he got up and kept having a crack.Youre obviously going on what you heard not saw?

Spirits soar with back-to-back wins

6/07/2008 11:37:00 PM
WARNING to the rest of the Ballarat Football League: after a stop-and-start 2008 Ballarat is finally on a roll.
In heavy conditions the Dahlsens Swans comfortably accounted for fellow top six contender Lake Wendouree at Wendouree Reserve on Saturday, the 14.13 (97) to 6.7 (43) victory giving Ballarat back-to-back wins for the first time
in five weeks.
The Swans showed their intentions from the start, Ballarat kicking six goals to one in the first term as Adam Sewell and Mark Cunningham gave the Swans a flying start in the midfield and half forward Sam Harkin also proving
a handful with a couple of early goals.
Ballarat continued its dominance early in the second term with Aaron Nunn steady down back in his return game and brother Mark a powerful presence at full forward as the Swans maintained a five-goal lead at half-time.
The Swans then effectively put the match beyond doubt with a three goal to one third term.
Ballarat assistant coach Shaun O' Laughlin said the Swans could still go up another gear.
``We are playing good footy in patches but improvement is still needed,'' he explained.
Lake Wendouree's hopes were dealt a blow before the ball was bounced when coach Matt Battistello was ruled out after not completely recovering from a knock sustained last Saturday.
Heath Pyke was good in the middle for the Lakers but there is no doubt the home team missed the poise of Battistello.
Brenton Walker proved a vital target up forward for the Lakers but he didn't have much support throughout the match. However the Ballarat win was soured by the suspected broken collarbone to midfielder and small forward Ben Walsh while the successful return of Chris Thornton from a broken wrist lifted Ballarat's spirits.

javascript:changeFontSize('story',1);

Good to see Ballarat get some publicity. A few boys are starting to return to form at the right time of the year. Still think Melton south is the side after playing both Darley and Melton South. Souths midfield is better than you think and their forward line is strong so I can't see too many chinks in their armour. Interesting to have a look at the percentages. ballarat's is on a par with darley.

Oh please downtroden dont make yourself look silly. We still have the fight on Turbo's camera phone and watch it often- That is not what happened and we have the proof. Miller was not happy because it happened at the footy club but i can guarantee that he was not unhappy that Power got a smack in the chops. After all im sure that big Shauny boy got an invite to Millers wedding but i didnt happen to see PowerLess there- (that is definate proof of where Millers heart was at).

Oracle you can do the stats and percentages as much as you like but Ballarat arent near the top 3- not even close! We made you look silly with 5 players out and on your home ground. Go through the stats all you want but the stats i have been analysing are the following

Brad Miller- opponents -3 (all day)
kicks- 33
Handballs- 9
Marks- 17
Goals- 6
Points- 4
Rating out of 10- 9.5

*stats thanks to Aaron Light

If off to Luxembourg for business in the morning so until i get to the internet cafe in Singapore then GO DARLEY!!!

Good luck to Calvin Hassent for his first game for the devils..
The Hassent and Seaben you speak of are not on the clearance list with the BFL. Who are they? Callum Urch is there, will he play this year?

Panthers are the form side of the comp at the moment, will give the bloods a hiding this week.

The Hassent and Seaben you speak of are not on the clearance list with the BFL. Who are they? Callum Urch is there, will he play this year?

Panthers are the form side of the comp at the moment, will give the bloods a hiding this week.

Are you serious? A clearance? Hassent is like Chuck Norris, he clears himself.

No, in all seriousness, he played in the Solomon Islands and is over here working at the Marsh abs on a skilled migrant work permit.

Oh please downtroden dont make yourself look silly. We still have the fight on Turbo's camera phone and watch it often- That is not what happened and we have the proof. Miller was not happy because it happened at the footy club but i can guarantee that he was not unhappy that Power got a smack in the chops. After all im sure that big Shauny boy got an invite to Millers wedding but i didnt happen to see PowerLess there- (that is definate proof of where Millers heart was at).

Oracle you can do the stats and percentages as much as you like but Ballarat arent near the top 3- not even close! We made you look silly with 5 players out and on your home ground. Go through the stats all you want but the stats i have been analysing are the following

Brad Miller- opponents -3 (all day)
kicks- 33
Handballs- 9
Marks- 17
Goals- 6
Points- 4
Rating out of 10- 9.5

*stats thanks to Aaron Light

If off to Luxembourg for business in the morning so until i get to the internet cafe in Singapore then GO DARLEY!!!

Good luck to Calvin Hassent for his first game for the devils..

Hey chieftont, Just wondering if you have Griffo, Serge, etc punching the crap out the Darly scum bags at the Trots one night on Turbo's phone? We have a casual drink most Sundays and watch Serge drop your rock ape from darley on Tommy's phone. Great Viewing.
His mates ran faster than anything we backed at the trots that night.;)

Chief As a fellow Darley Supporter how do you see our depth if we get a few injuries to even a few lesser players let alone our big guns? No one is really performing consistantley in the magoos or unders to bring up! Or do we just pray that the jets don't play finals and no one gets injured?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back